• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Voice" Season 3 |OT| of Christina Explains It All

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

o7zzN.png

jW0lm.png

HTL8w.png

Christina "Xtina" Aguilera - The most decorated, controvercial and talked-about judge on the panel. Christina Aguilera is known for her beauty, versatility, vocal range, style, integrity, charity, wit, cognitive ability, and knack for keeping PopGAF in a continuous state of Pressedt with her awesome talent.

Blake Shelton - Husband of Miranda Lambert. Allegedly makes music of his own.

CeeLo Green - Only relevant member of now defunct group Goodie Mob. Also 1/2 of the brilliant and short-lived duo Gnarles Barkley. You've probably yelled his most recent hit "Fuck You" at total strangers while pissed-drunk at a local bar.

Adam Levine - Dates models, cheats on models, performs for models, etc. Has the moves of a 70-year-old man and fronts a band you've likely been annoyed by for the last 3 years.

qrLWp.png

QpcQ4.png

Billy Joe Armstrong (Team Xtina) - Never ages. Fronts a band that doesn't wear nearly enough Khaki for GAF's taste.

Michael Buble (Team Blake) - Face it: The last time your grandmother touched herself it was probably to one of his recordings.

Rob Thomas (Team CeeLo) - Lead singer of Matchbox 20. Remember them?

Mary J Blige (Team Adam) - Queen of the Crispy Chicken Wrap and possessor of the mystical ability to sing about struggling while struggling. Will be lending her special brand of off-key, drama free soul to Team Adam.

s7wdk.png

Unlike the hordes of singing competitions with wannabe "Idol" formats, "The Voice" has established a ground-breaking format that guarantees a unique range of actual talent with blind auditions and an unparalleled level of judge control in who advances up the ranks.

"The Voice" is also the first modern singing competition to net current and vetted stars as its primary judges - a trend that is being emulated by every other singing competition - from American Idol to X-Factor.

Also, it's fun to watch the judges snatch each other's wigs each and every week.

gb1Ok.png

vREU7.png

U9oqq.png

Special 3-Night Premier begins Monday Sept 10 at 8PM/7PMc on NBC. Following episodes will air Monday nights at 8PM/7PMc. Live Show weeks will air on Mondays and Tuesdays. Check your local listings.

Excited for this to start, if only so I can peruse the tvbythenumbers.com comment section.

edit: the amount of shade in that OP could cause power outages in arizona. well done!

Kyon

Banned
Awaiting the Xfactor thread and I'll be complete. A Brit Stan should make it but whatever.

The SHADE that will ensue will be glorious.

GODTina and Godney back at it again!

Kyon

Banned
Is it weird that I only ever watched this for Xtina? Just like how I'm going to only watch Xfactor for Britney?

The winners usually flop and never become relevant to society so no big loss.

Mumei

itz, don't start that here. Keep the stan wars for the shows in the Pop-GAF pen.

Roy, are you up for it now?

Nemesis_

I think the musicians in the "lesser judges" section are all infinitely better than the actual "judges".

Is this Xstinxta's last season? Or was that just a rumour?

Except Mary J

royalan

#Team Xtina
#Jesus
#Team Soldiers for CHRIST

Excellent OT, Roy!

Thank you sis! (´ー`)┌

Is it weird that I only ever watched this for Xtina? Just like how I'm going to only watch Xfactor for Britney?

The winners usually flop and never become relevant to society so no big loss.

I agree. I mean, they are bringing the star power to these sordid affairs.

Although I do love the talent "The Voice" brings in. I think both seasons managed to get a better overall groups of singers than both competing seasons of Idol. Voice just needs to do a better job filtering them through.

itz, don't start that here. Keep the stan wars for the shows in the Pop-GAF pen.

Roy, are you up for it now?

Yep. :)

I think the musicians in the "lesser judges" section are all infinitely better than the actual "judges".

Is this Xstinxta's last season? Or was that just a rumour?

Except Mary J

There's rumors that this is her last season, considering she's about to get back into the thick of her own recording career. Start making albums/promoting/touring again. And when asked outright all of her answers have been noncommittal. I personally think it's a safe bet that she won't be back next year.

Kisaya

I HATE THAT I'M MISSING THE PREMIER TOMORROW FJSDKLFJSDKLFJSDKLFJKLJAF

;___; It's gonna suck not watching it along with you all.

Nonetheless still excited for this season ;3
And Billy Joe oh mah gawdd

Kyon

Banned
Kiiiiiiii @ Koo going in on Xtina! Don't know how I missed it.... Gurl hush! She will slay tho sis and you will SEETHE

ibaWzAYn12ICUD.gif

until Xfactor *negativeman*

Going to try to give the show a third chance this season. First two I was entertained enough by the auditions to watch them but dropped off after that.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
While I'm super excited for this to start tomorrow, I am very interested to see who takes over the Judges' Chairs for Season 4. The guest judges/mentors have been pretty incredible these past two seasons. I wonder if any of them will step up.

I really hope someone from Christina's team wins this year --- and that it's a female. I feel like these singing contest shows need another female winner that
is better than that X Factor girl
who gains some success after the show. It's been a while.

botty

Banned
Kiiiiiiii @ Koo going in on Xtina! Don't know how I missed it.... Gurl hush! She will slay tho sis and you will SEETHE

ibaWzAYn12ICUD.gif

until Xfactor *negativeman*

He had that gif on his minus for so long. Now I know why he was saving it.

Delio

Oh I better sub for this thread as well. I'll try to jump back and forth!

How yummy this guy is..oh 16 >.<

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care for this song, but come on. She's going absolutely nowhere with it. What a horrible choice.

Why the hell are they turning around?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
She sounds just like Christina. Christina should just retire tbh.
No she doesn't. At all. Good try though.

She was pretty awful at that song, but Christina could probably shape her up a bit.

And here comes Blake's bullshit...

Mumei

She sounds just like Christina. Christina should just retire tbh.

She sounds the way Christina would sound if she had no voice in addition to having no technical ability.

It's a slight exaggeration for effect, roy, put the claws away ;)

I almost found it interesting that Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera are rivals on TV now, or something, but then I remembered it's 2012. Cee Lo Green, meanwhile? More of him please. Can we swap him for William, US GAF?

Michael Buble (Team Blake) - Face it: The last time your grandmother touched herself it was probably to one of his recordings.

Um, gross much

JCX

Cross talent show news, according to Simon's twitter, Randy Jackson is firmly encrusted in his chair, so he'll still be judging Idol this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom