• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

AS3 final speculation list before shooting:

For a compilation, here's what I have:

Pretty Much Confirmed

Milk - Canceled a gig in Peru (receipt needed, but this has been talked about heavily) Last gig appears to be in Finland on July 16. Credit to /u/thesmokeylife.

Chi Chi Devayne - Canceled a gig in Peru (receipt needed, but also talked about heavily). Rich's San Diego moved her gig to August 25 due to scheduling conflict. /u/thesmokeylife bringing receipts again, yesssss. She says she will be working in Shreveport on 7/22 at Central Station. Can anyone check if she shows?

Ben Delacreme- Email from Post Office Cabaret in P-Town. Credit to /u/Fayettevillain08

Morgan McMichaels - Canceled gig at Montreal Pride for Aug 17. Credit to /u/jeromee15

Trixie Mattel - Canceled some P-Town shows at Post Office Cabaret, which can be seen on their website. Was replaced for the S9 tour starting July 19. Good catch by /u/bee_bean. Returns to her one woman show on 8/22.

Thorgy Thor - Gigs canceled on July 28 and July 29. Credit to /u/ComeOnPupperfish for finding the gigs and /u/siphoneuphoria for finding the cancellations! Supposed to be hosting a show at her home bar in Brooklyn on August 17, but it is a monthly event that she's not always there for. There is also alleged insider T from someone that she has been busy collecting costumes lately.

Aja - Canceled her Australian tour set for July 21-29. This fantastic image by /u/Reallybish also sells it. She is still being advertised for pretty much all the August dates on the S9 tour, so we have to keep an eye on those, but I think it's obvious she will drop.

Source: Reddit.

kirblar

I'm very curious about the other 3-5 slots, but that's a good base (bar the last near-confirmed rumored person, who feels like a last minute fill in)

Going to the War on the Catwalk show in Detroit tonight. Sasha, Shea, Trinity, Farrah, Alexis, and Kimora. Trixie and Aja missing from the original advertisement. 👀

Shizuka

img_1876b6ssj.jpg

Alrus

Apparently the red M&Ms tea isn't even about Valentina. She's way late on both that and the mask joke too.

Cool makeup though.

Alrus

People are excited for
Morgan McMichaels
in AS3? I don't get it.

can someone explain the whole beef

There's a way too verbose reddit post about it (if you can stomach reddit...) here .

Pretty much a queen from Nashville vaguebooked about Season 9 queens acting grand which lead to some promoter talking about it (with one queen having champagne and red m&ms in her rider which is apparently outrageous for some reason) then it "escalated" from there. It's really not that interesting.

In the end Valentina apparently acts a bit Diva-ish but it's not that bad and some other season 9 queen is apparently worse than her.

royalan

People are excited for
Morgan McMichaels
in AS3? I don't get it.

There's a way too verbose reddit post about it (if you can stomach reddit...) here .

Pretty much a queen from Nashville vaguebooked about Season 9 queens acting grand which lead to some promoter talking about it (with one queen having champagne and red m&ms in her rider which is apparently outrageous for some reason) then it "escalated" from there. It's really not that interesting.

In the end Valentina apparently acts a bit Diva-ish but it's not that bad and some other season 9 queen is apparently worse than her.

If I had to guess who the season 9 queen is that would be worse than Valentina, I would say...Alexis, or maybe even Aja.

But I feel like it's (real world tea):

Sasha. Because a really good friend of mine in the drag scene has worked with her in the past, and even before she won was telling me how difficult she was to work with.

Alrus

If I had to guess who the season 9 queen is that would be worse than Valentina, I would say...Alexis, or maybe even Aja.

But I feel like it's (real world tea):

Sasha. Because a really good friend of mine in the drag scene has worked with her in the past, and even before she won was telling me how difficult she was to work with.

Rumor has it that it's
Nina Bonina Brown

I find Sasha really pretentious but I haven't heard much talk about her being difficult. I'm kinda curious now.

Edit: Also I never really got to talk about it when it was current, but I found Season 9 to not be that bad (horrible runway lighting aside). The queens were a lot more interesting than Season 8 at least and the top 4 was stronger than the past 2 seasons imo.

I also think we're never getting the kind of drama we got pre season 6 again, the fanbase is too messy and the queens are too wary of pissing off people. At best we'll get lovable assholes but a new Phi Phi or Tyra is never happening.

Ratrat

Rumor has it that it's
Nina Bonina Brown

I find Sasha really pretentious but I haven't heard much talk about her being difficult. I'm kinda curious now.

Edit: Also I never really got to talk about it when it was current, but I found Season 9 to not be that bad (horrible runway lighting aside). The queens were a lot more interesting than Season 8 at least and the top 4 was stronger than the past 2 seasons imo.

I also think we're never getting the kind of drama we got pre season 6 again, the fanbase is too messy and the queens are too wary of pissing off people. At best we'll get lovable assholes but a new Phi Phi or Tyra is never happening.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=aIzyaA6tlHw

No way! I love
Milk

I think he deserves a second chance now that he knows how to beat his mug.

Oh, so he got better at this lol

I don't understand
Morgan Michaels
, I'm sorry. But I can't remember a single most memorable thing she has done since her season. Outside of having some weird drama with Tyra I'm not exactly sure why.

The All Stars list looks good except for that person but I don't ever get why the cast is never really spread out between multiple seasons. They are always top heavy with girls from the same season....weird.

Ratrat

Willam was on UNHhhh.....what does this mean? He kind of tore Rupaul and Drag Race to shreds not long ago.
Is he desperate to promote his book? Do they need him for AS3?

Alrus

Willam was on UNHhhh.....what does this mean? He kind of tore Rupaul and Drag Race to shreds not long ago.
Is he desperate to promote his book? Do they need him for AS3?

Video was shot a while ago and Willam is friend with Trixie and Katya. I don't think he and WoW are petty enough to outright refuse to have him on any of their stuff.

Clearly it means he's going to be a surprise queen in AS3

I know it's not exactly news but racist mess Lucian continues his self destruction across social media. He's begging for money, banned from Twitter and is saying some horrifying things, even for him, now about Oprah on his FB. Ugh.

lenovox1

I know it's not exactly news but racist mess Lucian continues his self destruction across social media. He's begging for money, banned from Twitter and is saying some horrifying things, even for him, now about Oprah on his FB. Ugh.

Hasn't it been two years now? And he hasn't been 5150'd yet?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wasn't AS2 filmed way before it actually aired? Maybe they'll do the same with this one.
Almost a year before it aired. They filmed it right after wrapping up filming for S8 though. Maybe they'll swap slots this time, with AS3 airing during the Spring and S10 during the Fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom