• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 [OT] No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ginger over Max? ew.

And this will totally be the Alaska show (with special guest Katya).

I am rooting for the Russian hooker, tho.

Im sorry but I think most people forgot about Max after the season was over. Ginger is liked around the community and has build reputation by showing up at Wowpresents videos and Rupaul events while Max is somewhere doing something that no one knows.

kirblar

Max apparently just straight up can't deal with cameras. Got super-self conscious and clammed up.

Ben stayed in-character 24/7 any time he was in drag, which is why the judges were being so harsh about not getting to know the person behind the makeup (but us the audience couldn't pick up on that because we got to see talking head confessionals.)

B-Dex

Some gay Twitter wannabe celeb sending inappropriate Orlando jokes about all of Roxxy's friends being shot. Disgusting.

Tatianna fired back at him. Bless her.

Rayis

Some gay Twitter wannabe celeb sending inappropriate Orlando jokes about all of Roxxy's friends being shot. Disgusting.

Tatianna fired back at him. Bless her.

I read that and I was like, "fuckin' dumbass", I guess being gay doesn't stop someone from trying to be 4chan edgy.

I also haven't forgotten about Max, her aesthetic will forever be one of my favorites.

Scribble

Detox is a huge bore-- all attitude with no wit. .

Yikes. I've actually grown to appreciate Detox and I am looking forward to her bringing her A game during All Stars, but there's some truth to this :X

I feel that PhiPhi and Roxxxy will be as bitchy as they were before. I don't buy that they're changed people. Not that I think they were that bitchy in the first place, just bitter and insecure and loud about it.

I hope there's conflict between Rolaskatox.

The judges choose one and the winner of the week chooses the other for the lipsync of your life.
Huh, that's kind of shady, I like it!

All-Stars 1: "Chad was supposed to win S4"
All-Stars 2: "Jinkx wasn't supposed to win S5"
lmao.

I don't think I watched Tati's season so I'm perched for her
dr2_7_252gif34.gif

It's her concert, along with some local queens that I don't particularly like or dislike. It's not cheap, not that expensive either.
I mean, Adore's shtick is basically being a decent vocalist and lurching around in either Chola mermaid drag or vacant expression Korean water ghost drag. If you're into that and the price is alright I'd say go for it. :p

mantidor

I'm rewatching season 2 and yikes if Tyra is just a horrible, horrible contestant. I had forgotten she slept in the work room and didn't even collaborate in the choreography, her delusions of Beyonce are something else, if this was any of the recent seasons she would have never won.

Ive never watched this show, started season 8 out of curiousity and then finished it in 4 days. Im fucking hooked.

Violet C's gown and makeup at the finale fucking slayed my heart. What a goddess.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ive never watched this show, started season 8 out of curiousity and then finished it in 4 days. Im fucking hooked.

Violet C's gown and makeup at the finale fucking slayed my heart. What a goddess.

You can watch some of the old episode on LogoTV.com and not sure if some seasons are on Netflix.

Rayis

Didn't we use the season 4 thread as the All-Stars seasson 1 one? lol' "we", I wasn't even there but I read it, but yeah, first come first serve, make one.

I think I'm gonna make a ranking of all 100 queens just because I'm feeling some type of way, and I'm leaving work in 20 minutes. lol

Make the thread Roy <3

Going to this tonight.
RuPaul%20659x250_a.jpg

Backstage and Q&A is happening if anybody has questions y'all want asked. Like "Why is Derrick Berry here instead of Bob like other legs of the tour" for example.

Shizuka

Might as well ask the queens what they think of the Olympics and if Chi Chi and Kim Chi are excited to come to Brazil together next month.

OKAY so semi-relevant information for y'all from the show on Friday:
During the show Ginger was asked a question about AS2 and she said most of the queens were huge bitches with her "most likely to win Miss Congeniality with the way some of them acted." They came for blood. This could be just her trying to hype up some drama, but when an audience member called out Phi Phi she strongly hinted that bitchy Phi Phi is back which I am here for.

As for the rest of the show, here's a summary:

Ginger Minj hosted since Katya was out sick. This meant I didn't get to meet Katya who I was most excited for and also I couldn't buy her merch and get it signed since Ginger's stuff was there instead. I didn't like Ginger on the show but this is my second time seeing her live and DAMN can she entertain. I really love her now. She's funny and warm and her improvisational humor is great. She even sang a song off of her upcoming album ($$$) and had two volunteers walk around as collection plates to which she matched the donation. It was around $750 by the end of the song. (VIDEO)

Thorgy Thor opened both halves of the show. Her first performance in blue she lipsynced a mashup of Bob's Purse First song and Raven's video that was uploaded going off about "Fuck your Purse" and interspersed that with farts. She didn't seem super into but for her second performance when she did Jazz Baby from Thoroughly Modern Millie complete with plastic instruments that she threw around the stage it was much livelier and fun. An audience member handed her a bottle of mustard that she squirted into her mouth during her performance. Apparently she loves mustard and spicy food! When I met her she said my Beyonce Formation Tour shirt was "pretty cool" and her hug was nice. (VIDEO)

I don't remember much of Derrick's first performance but for his second he did Britney which was fab. Toxic never gets old. During the Q&A he talked a bit about his polyamorous triad and during the Meet and Greet he seemed to be channeling Femme Fatale-tour M&G Brit and didn't appear to really want to be there.

Kim Chi did a country/pop song I didn't recognize for her first number, and motherfucking Chinese Food by pop superstar Alison Gold for her second. It was pretty entertaining but she didn't explore the comedy of it as much as she could have. Kim wasn't a great performer on the show but she has definitely improved and didn't walk awkwardly in heels and even danced a bit during her second act. She was still adorably awkward though and she answered a question about her home which really surprised me! She was born here in Michigan in the same hospital as I was, and the performance that night was in Grand Rapids, home to her undergrad college, Kendall College of Art and Design. I thought she was always a Chicago girl and hadn't looked into it so it was fun to see her be excited about being sort of "home." Her second look there is hard to see in photos but the dress is astoundingly glittery, her lips are all glitter, and there is a bunch of glitter dust right on top of her head. It looked really cool in motion. Kim was kind of distant during the M&G but we talked a bit when she signed my shirt about how I regretted missing her and Adore at Detroit Pride this year.

Naomi Smalls was fucking flawless and gorgeous and ugh so sweet. I'm 6'5'' and we were eye level when we met and we joked how that never happens. Naomi and Chi Chi were the most talkative with me during the the Meet & Greet. I really love them. Naomi's first performance was her finale song Legs.Seen it twice already so it was sort of boring but she looked good so I didn't care. Don't recall her second song but she had more floor work and struck some nice poses. It's like she's constantly modeling. She's really come far from the beginning of the show and that combined with her personality has made her REALLY grow on me. Plus she had the best shirt designs out of all the girls.

THEN FUCKING CHI CHI DEVAYNE THE GODDESS HERSELF
with her sweet accent and and goofy personality stole the entire goddamn show. (Full Video in Ohio)(Video from my night)
She did Last Dance and turned it the fuck out. Everybody was on their feet before the song even ended. Multiple backflips into splits, etc. It was amazing. During the M&G when she had that big afro wig on you see there she was dancing to Beyonce songs in the background with Naomi and making jokes like "what they don't know is this' my real hair." Just in that naturally funny Chi Chi way. So wonderful. <3

All in all this felt more like a legit club drag show than Battle of the Seasons did. BOTS was them using the brand and trying to bring the show to a stage and it felt sort of disconnected cause there was no tipping and hardly any fan interaction, whereas on this tour people were pulled up on stage and introduced from the audience (Ginger joked that by the end of the show everybody would have stood up and introduced themselves) and tips were given and the girls danced with audience members on the floor and took tips and it was so much more fun, like a legit drag show.

Sorry if I bored any of y'all with this and I can't wait for the AS2 thread. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom