• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Drag 101 - Episode 01: Identity: Lecture - We Love Katya
913866631f.gif

My boyfriend and I got tickets to the premiere show in Austin! It's hosted by Bianca, and apparently all the queens perform then they'll air the episode. I'm so excited! I'll be sure to report back on the performances (and whatever else) :D

Vazra

My boyfriend and I got tickets to the premiere show in Austin! It's hosted by Bianca, and apparently all the queens perform then they'll air the episode. I'm so excited! I'll be sure to report back on the performances (and whatever else) :D

Takes tons of pics and some vids if possible :p

Shizuka

I heard they won't air the entire episode. I watched a footage last night that's up to twenty minutes of footage, covering the entrances, the challenge/photoshoot and lots of shade.

I heard they won't air the entire episode. I watched a footage last night that's up to twenty minutes of footage, covering the entrances, the challenge/photoshoot and lots of shade.

Yeah it's more of a sneak peek I guess. I already watched the low quality one (it's AMAZING) but I'm looking forward to seeing it in HQ. :)

Demain

I watched the low quality vid on YT and loved the part in the photo shoot when
they explained that Bianca wasn't available, so they just got a circus clown.

P.s first post in the drag race thread as I've only started watching it since last January. Have already become obsessed and met Latrice, Bianca, Katya, Detox and will be going to BOTS in Dublin. Cannot wait. Love this show.

kirblar

This is the best first challenge they've ever done by a mile.

Overall quality of contestants seems way up from last season, feels like a reaction to S7 being "meh."

sooo jealous!!!! Enjoy and please give us all the tea + pics ;_; <3

Katya remains the most brilliant Drag Race queen in years <3

Regarding the premiere, don't have much time to give a full summary but I'll share this:

1. The episode is very very good!

2. With all 12 queens performing, here's my ranking of their sets (from best to worst) and a quick blurb:

1st) Bob The Drag Queen - performed last, was the clear superstar of the bunch, incredible lip sync, hilarious, etc.

2nd) Chi Chi Devayne - such a powerhouse, giving me Kennedy Davenport on steroids, also a super sweet queen

3rd) Laila McQueen - didn't expect her to turn it out, had an epic wig change while jumping to the floor, she made eye contact with me and licked her lips, so I give her more points for that

4th) Robbie Turner - she pulled some rando out of the audience and forced him to lift her around and twirl her, it was funny, could have been a disaster but she played it off well

5th) Cynthia Lee Fontaine - hometown girl got a lot of cheers, she's a passionate performer and fun to watch

6th) Kim Chi - not much went on but she looked great and was cute doing a little anime pussycat schtick. A big favorite at the show

7th) Naomi Smalls - gorgeous gazelle who loved to brush her hair away from her face. Cute and I was like ok werk

8th) Thorgy Thor - super safe performance, and I know she could do more. Performed first so expectations were low already, therefore wasn't a let down. Still a favorite of mine though

9th) Naysha Lopez - She was good but scores low points for doing an acoustic version of Blurred Lines. No ma'am

10th) Derrick Barry - Britney fantasy is real, but starting with a live version of "Alien" preceded with "this is for anyone who's felt like an outcast!" amassed a collective eye roll from the audience so intense you could almost hear it

11th) Dax - Boring Storm fantasy, honestly most people went to get drinks at this point

12th) Acid Betty - Dis bish had the nerve to pull out a video backdrop of her face and name, while singing some song she made about how she wants you to be her fantasy. Ego drivel

After watching that my most anticipated for the show are Bob, Kim, Thorgy, and for the shade of it all miss Acid.

Vazra

I'm not sure how it could get as bad as last season- they clearly went looking for better competitors.

The first episode they seem to get along pretty good and not much shade or drama around. They seemed pretty nice around each other but we shall see how things move later in the season. The ones I want out so far are Derrick and just to add another one for the sake of adding one Cynthia.

The first episode they seem to get along pretty good and not much shade or drama around. They seemed pretty nice around each other but we shall see how things move later in the season. The ones I want out so far are Derrick and just to add another one for the sake of adding one Cynthia.

Where'd you see it??

Wow, RPDR made Drudge Report. I guess it's really hit the big time, then
lol.gif

EDIT: Screenshotted so we don't have to give them hits:

lawd, the article headline right next to it about China banning gays from television.

mantidor

Where is the new thread?

Surprisingly the more popular it got the less we cared about it. Cory always prepared the OP but he said he's not even that interested now and that anyone was free to make one, no one stepped up.

You can make it if you want.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I may chuck one together but it wont be pretty
also need a title

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Got a thread ready
current tagline is "100 Queens of Herstory" which is shit so if anyone has anything better i'll swap it out before i post it

mantidor

I'm trying to think of any catchphrase from season 7 and my mind goes completely blank. I'm also bad at this tagline thing.

Matt_

The only one I can think of is Violet shouting Come Through but thats shit
Katya must have said something

Vazra

No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

No ma'am, no ham, no Pam, no cauliflower, no cornbread, no green beans.

I crystalized…and now I’m a Glamazon bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom