• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they took it down literally as I was watching it lol! I don't think the YT link has sound, but I'm sure it'll be up elsewhere soon enough :)

Eggbok

So I've just started completely watching this show and I'm loving it! I've never seen entire seasons, only an episode here and there but damn I'm addicted.

Currently on Season 6 (finished 4 and 5 on Hulu), just watched Trinity and April battle it out to I'm Every Woman. Trinity ihas been annoying but she killed it dead, RIP April. Haven't touched Untucked or All-Stars. Should I finish every season before I start All-Stars?

So I've just started completely watching this show and I'm loving it! I've never seen entire seasons, only an episode here and there but damn I'm addicted.

Currently on Season 6 (finished 4 and 5 on Hulu), just watched Trinity and April battle it out to I'm Every Woman. Trinity ihas been annoying but she killed it dead, RIP April. Haven't touched Untucked or All-Stars. Should I finish every season before I start All-Stars?
Watch the respective untucked after each episode. They take place 3/4 of the way in so it adds a lot of character and context.

Watch every season before all stars unless you want cast/winner spoilers. It's also better to be familiar with the queens anyway.

Should I finish every season before I start All-Stars?
All Stars S1 was made before s5.
All Stars S2 was made just after s8 and only includes queens up to s7.

So if you don't want to be spoiled about the main series, All Stars 1 is safe to watch, AS2 is not (yet!) based on what you've already watched. The season finales include a line-up of past winners, so I guess you've already seen s1-5 and All Stars s1 winners on stage.

Tbh I'd rather have an AS3 than a batch of new queens, but obviously I'm still perched. So weird seeing Farrah being on, though she definitely is as gorgeous in person as she is here.

Looking back at Season 8, I think that might actually be my least favorite group. The season itself was good but I don't follow any of those girls now.

Tbh I'd rather have an AS3 than a batch of new queens, but obviously I'm still perched. So weird seeing Farrah being on, though she definitely is as gorgeous in person as she is here.

Looking back at Season 8, I think that might actually be my least favorite group. The season itself was good but I don't follow any of those girls now.
Season 8 was baaaaaad

Too short, too many group challenges (ie hope you got a good role otherwise see you in the bottom!), and none of the queens were particularly multifaceted - they were all just good at one thing.

Except Derrick. Derrick was a mess.

I'll wait until I see them speaking, my initial judgements based on a single look in the reveal is usually W.R.O.N.G. - i.e. I remember first seeing Katya in the s7 reveal and thinking "well she looks pretty, but boring" - W.R.O.N.G (about the boring part obviously!)

The only one I've seen before is
Jaymes Mansfield
, the name peaked my interest when she was rumoured so I watched a few youtube videos and thought he was a pretty funny, well humoured guy. The rest are a complete mystery to me, just the way I like it!

royalan

The style of the Ruveal makes the girls look a little samey, but still exciiiiiittteeeeed.

And I like the style of the video itself. Probably my favorite next to the Season 6 Ruveal.

Rayis

I love fishy girls so the girl with the pink curly wig and the pink latex dress is giving me so much life, watching the Meet The Queens to learn her name.

EDIT: FARRAH MOAN, SHE'S BEAUTIFUL! Incredibly cute as a boy too.

First elim will probably be the big girl or Trinity Taylor. Maybe Peppermint cus her wig line in the promo is bad. The purple one will probably go home week 3-4.

okno

I am not feeling the reveal theme AT ALL. It's some weird mishmash of anime and Naomi Smalls and it's just weird and makes them all look too similar...

royalan

Aesthetically, I was the least impressed with Jaymes Mansfield, until I watched her Meet The Queens video. She's a surprisingly fully realized character. She reminds me of a less obnoxious Trixie Matel with better makeup.

I also like Valentina, because she's got the strongest connection to her drag aesthetic. Everything she described about herself I could read from her look. I like when a queen manages that.

Masked Man

I said wow
Loving Aja, Nina, Shea, and Valentina so far!

obnoxious Trixie Matel

Ummm, excuse you?

FK4Iau.gif

okno

I can't believe y'all are hating on Trixie. I've always really enjoyed her and never once found her obnoxious. :eek:

I don't HATE Trixie, but I do find her style obnoxious. She has grown on me a TON since S7, I'll be honest. During her season, I found it disheartening how much she kept fluffing herself up as a comedy queen, but never delivered on it during. Since then, she has proven herself as someone who can absolutely stand up for herself and I find her entertaining, but I still find her brand off putting.

Masked Man

I said wow
I don't HATE Trixie, but I do find her style obnoxious. She has grown on me a TON since S7, I'll be honest. During her season, I found it disheartening how much she kept fluffing herself up as a comedy queen, but never delivered on it during. Since then, she has proven herself as someone who can absolutely stand up for herself and I find her entertaining, but I still find her brand off putting.

I agree that her failure to deliver in S7 was disappointing, but less because I disliked her but rather because I was genuinely rooting for her. (Maybe it's the Midwestern connection.) Personally, I love her hyper-exaggerated "real-life Barbie" aesthetic. That said, I suppose it's not for everyone. Also, she and Katya together are absolute gold.

Monocle

I agree that her failure to deliver in S7 was disappointing, but less because I disliked her but rather because I was genuinely rooting for her. (Maybe it's the Midwestern connection.) Personally, I love her hyper-exaggerated "real-life Barbie" aesthetic. That said, I suppose it's not for everyone. Also, she and Katya together are absolute gold.
I used to think Trixie was irredeemable trash, but then I started watching her and Katya's show UNHhhh and now I enjoy and appreciate her.

mantidor

UNHhhhh is god-tier, best WOW presents show

Best YouTube series ever.

Season 7 was such a disservice to Trixie, I didn't get her until I saw her stand up comedy shows on youtube and obviously UNHhhh, now I can't get enough, she's so damn clever and funny.

amaretto

Sasha Velour is the one to watch imo. Aja is a killer lip syncer so I'm excited for her too.

But in all honesty I just wanna see Evah Destruction/Vander Von Odd on this show PRONTO.

Shizuka

Sasha Velour is the one to watch imo. Aja is a killer lip syncer so I'm excited for her too.

But in all honesty I just wanna see Evah Destruction/Vander Von Odd on this show PRONTO.

She said she doesn't have any plans for auditioning anytime soon, but she doesn't discard the possibility in the future.

royalan

axj9dJF.gif

Mark my words, she's the one to watch.

Mostly because I love a bougee queen.

Also because I tend to hate the queens that get all the immediate Tumblr praise. *cough*Aja*cough*

Valentina will definitely be one of the last to go, if not top 3. Farrah will probably last a long time as well, they love the "escalated" fishy queens (see Courtney Act, rather than Gia Gunn).

Rayis

Shea is slaying me with her fashion, this bitch is going to be this season's fashion queen, loving her Instagram.

axj9dJF.gif

Mark my words, she's the one to watch.

Oooo.
I really liked Valentina's meet the queens vid, she's just a glamorous little tea spoon of brown sugar.
I've been obsessed with Farrah for a long while now (She has reposted my fan art of her and has also expressed a lot of gratitude for it! She's a doll <3) so she was my fav out of the gate, but Velentina's a charmer I hope she goes far.

Edit: I've also been a fan of Kimora for a hot minute (I love her Jessica Rabbit style padding), but I can't see her as anything but this season's Gia after viewing her MTQ video. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom