• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

I wonder if I should go see Katya here next month. Some people trashed her show when she came to do a party on another city in my country, but at least I'd go to the meet & greet.

Shizuka

Can someone create a RuPaul's Drag Race OT community topic? I feel like commenting about several queens, shows and stuff, but there is no place for us to do that except this old one.

The AAA girls might be coming to Brazil. I gagged.

mantidor

Can someone create a RuPaul's Drag Race OT community topic? I feel like commenting about several queens, shows and stuff, but there is no place for us to do that except this old one.

The AAA girls might be coming to Brazil. I gagged.

I don't think a new topic will sustain itself, this thread works as off season as well.

I would definitely go to see the AAA girls.

okno

Went to Hardware (gay bar here in NYC) last night, because some friends of a friend I was hanging out with were there to see Shequida perform (tragic), aaaaaaaand Gia Gunn and Laganja did surprise performances.

And I got to hug and kiss Alyssa Edwards and Jinxx Monsoon. Neither were in drag, though.

And Jinxx has gained a TON of weight!

Gia and Laganja were both meh. One song each and they just did the same things they always do, but it was still really cool to see and meet them all.

Oh, and the show started an hour and a half late. Queens be queens!

YASSSSSSSSSS, Miss Jasmine is going IN on dem Patti Labelle haters, I actually really enjoy her youtube videos even if I wasn't a big fan of hers on the show

Lessons on how to douche by Miss Jasmine should be required viewing
He's right too. We don't have gay sex education in schools (can you imagine the uproar from conservatives if they tried to start?!) So we have to inform the next generation (patriotic music plays with images of douche water squirting out of asses with trumpets in them).

royalan

Where are the girls?

BRING ME THE GIRLS!

What's going on? Usually by this point we've already got the Meet The Queens videos or at least credible rumors on who made it in. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I haven't heard a peep.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Where are the girls?

BRING ME THE GIRLS!

What's going on? Usually by this point we've already got the Meet The Queens videos or at least credible rumors on who made it in. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I haven't heard a peep.

Try late next week.

Where are the girls?

BRING ME THE GIRLS!

Reddit's pretty much guessed all the queens who are in, but yeah I guess we'll be getting the MTQ vids in the next couple of weeks.

Shizuka

I watched Bianca Del Rio's Rolodex of Hate on Vimeo today and it was great. I really like Bianca's humor, but I feel like she's a lot better at improv than stand-up.

royalan

I think the show still has potential to be great because Drag Queens are endlessly entertaining, but I think the key to returning the show to greatness is acknowledging the ways in which last season was just god.fucking.awful. I know Drag Race is kind of the darling of the gay community and we all love drag queens, and so sometimes it's hard to criticize it, but I think the dust has settled enough on last season to be honest about it: it fucking sucked, and largely because of a lot of new changes they made.

--Way too many acting challenges.
--Way too many group challenges in general.
--Too much focus on manufactured "storylines"
--Amateurish use of confessional footage. (Producers, maybe record a few more confessionals next season? Because last season it was became REALLY obvious when you were using confessional footage that was completely unrelated to what was actually happening in the episode).
--Dialing back on the cattiness (Sorry Ru, I know you hate seeing your girls not getting along, but this is a huge part of the reason people watch the show. Get over it.)
--Trying to make the show serious in ways that it doesn't need to be. (Basically, go back to the old Untucked. We can talk about how the new format is more "real" or whatever, but at the end of the day it just wasn't fun to watch.)

Address those things, and I think the show could be great again.

Shizuka

Alaska is coming to Brazil next March and I'm definitely going. Gotta meet my one and only All-Star and see her live for the first time.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
RuPaul's Green Screen Christmas teaser with Michelle Visage "From Your Heart"

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9122-1401815632-20.gif

Kanhir

Will we ever get a drag girl group better than the AAA girls? On the same note, will we ever get more AAA girls songs?

Stiff competition from the Haus of Edwards, but I have to say the AAA Girls are incredibly entertaining. Did you listen to their radio show?

Shizuka

Stiff competition from the Haus of Edwards, but I have to say the AAA Girls are incredibly entertaining. Did you listen to their radio show?

Which radio show? All I've watched from them recently was the Christmas special from all three Youtube channels.

Shizuka

Well, bought the tickets for my first drag show. I hope Alaska is worth the shit ton of cash I'm paying for her concert + meet & greet.

Gradon

Well, bought the tickets for my first drag show. I hope Alaska is worth the shit ton of cash I'm paying for her concert + meet & greet.

Alaska is amazing to watch. I haven't actually met any of the queens myself though I've seen Adore and the AAA girls. I've got tickets for Katya + Trixie met and greet too on Valentines day, that'll be interesting!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Any word on when this is supposed to be back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom