• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Welcome to the official thread for Season 7 of RuPaul's Drag Race, airing Mondays on Logo in the US starting March 2nd.

RuPaul's Drag Race is a television competition show unlike any other that challenges the contestants to be the TP, total package, comprised of Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent. Some of the skills tested include: sewing, makeup, acting, dancing, singing, celebrity impersonating, advertising, making over another person, and of course lip syncing for their LIVES, darling.

Each season lasts about 13-15 weeks, with each episode consisting of a mini-challenge and a main challenge with a runway extravaganza, followed by a lipsync resulting in (usually) one contestant being eliminated, but expect a few curveballs with the format. Unlike some other reality shows we only get one cycle per year, so while the wait is agonising, it's also harder to get tired of it.

There's also Untucked, the companion show which airs afterwards. This generously edited program takes the footage from the runway green room and turns it into a 22 minute emotionally-manipulated rollercoaster. Careful, the tea here is served HOT (albeit a bit microwaved).

This season is serving JJ Abrams Mystery Box. We honestly don't know what to expect.

Lost already? Scroll down to the Glossary.

PskEsrC.png

Yi3wPML.gif

Ginger Minj |29| Orlando, FL
Jaidynn Diore Fierce |25| Nashville, TN
Jasmine Masters |37| Los Angeles
Kandy Ho' |28| Cayey, PR​

NPvSlYW.gif

Mrs. Kasha Davis |41| NYC
Katya |31| Boston, MA
Kennedy Davenport |33| Dallas, TX​

6VZQgbl.gif

Max |22| Minneapolis, MN
Miss Fame |29| NYC
Pearl |23| Brooklyn, NY

dSOMsQn.gif

Sasha Belle |28| Iowa City, IA
Tempest DuJour |47| Tucson, AZ
Trixie Mattel |26| Milwaukee, WI
Violet Chachki |22| Atlanta

and of course

KoxRzBh.gif

5e0citQ.png

RuPaul
Supermodel of the World, RuPaul Charles has done it all. Singing, Acting, Hosting, Modelling, there are few drag queens today who can say they haven't been influenced by her. Mother Ru was very famous in the 90s, having had her own VH1 show and appearing in major Hollywood movies and shows like The Brady Bunch Movie and Sabrina The Teenage Witch. Lately, she's been reigning over her drag kingdom with the Drag Race franchise, and she only gets better with age (she doesn't look a day over 24). And of course she's still recording new albums that serve as the soundtrack for Drag Race, available on iTunes.

6nySwNO.png

Michelle Visage
Michelle Visage was a member of the late 80s/early 90s girl group Seduction and was the cohost on Ru's VH1 show and her radio show. She has also hosted many other morning radio shows around the country. She was recently a contest on Celebrity Big Brother in the UK and was featured on the 17x platinum Bodyguard soundtrack.

QjlD7Wg.png

Ross Matthews

olWvyNO.png

Carson Kressley

Guests
Ariana Grande

and some other people:
Jessica Alba
Demi Lovato
John Waters
Kathy Griffin
Olivia Newton-John
Alyssa Milano
Kat Dennings
Jordin Sparks
Mel B
Tamar Braxton
Rebecca Romijn
Santino Rice
Isaac Mizrahi
Michael Urie
Rachael Harris
Lucian Piane
Merle Ginsberg

HIGKQDf.png

ikY6LbCPnrq0y.gif

ball/ballroom - the original drag scene in NYC, see Paris is Burning
beat/paint - applying makeup
body - being able to show a feminine shape without padding
camp - over the top, more comedic than pretty, realistic, or artistic
clock - to spot something, usually negative but can also be a bragging term if one wants something to be spotted
contour - using makeup to create shadowing to enhance the appearance of a feminine bone structure
cute - not a mess but not standing out. keeping it cute - minding one's manners. not cute - unbecoming, less than ideal
drag mother - the person who first helped someone become a drag queen
dry/thirsty/prached/fried - used to describe a frizzy wig
editorial - looking like something from a high fashion magazine
extravaganza eleganza- an event of overwhelming elegance and fabulousness
fierce/sickening/flawless - being shockingly amazing
fish/fishy - the quality of possessing convincing femininity in drag
... for days - possessing an extraordinary amount of something
gagging - being shocked at something
glamazon - a tall beautiful woman
... the house down - doing something to an extreme level
hunty - honey, but with some sass
ki ki - gossiping with your friends
kai kai - when two drag queens get together
lacefront - the highest quality type of wig
living/receiving life/everything- getting extreme enjoyment or satisfaction out of something
mess - to be exceptionally un-put together
mug - your face
no t no shade/all t all shade - the drag equivalent of "no offense"/the more honest phrasing
pageant queen - a queen from the pageant scene. stereotypically unversatile with their looks, not always true
padding - material used to enhance the illusion of femininity
painted - using makeup for more artistic purposes than realistic purposes
party city - having a cheap look
polished - to be exceptionally put together
read - insulting someone
realness - to convincingly work a given style
resting on pretty - thinking that just being pretty or fishy will get you far
sashay/shantay - terms from Ru's song Supermodel, used to tell contestants whether or not they've been eliminated (respectively).
(throwing) shade - insult someone in a stealthy manner
squirrelfriend - a friend that hides her nuts
serve - delivering a given style serving face - an intense expression, working your face like a model
snatching wigs/weaves - stealing someone else's glory in a humiliating way
stage/painted for the back row - using more noticeable makeup, works better on stage than television
tea or T - gossip/the Truth
trade - a hot guy that you'd trade certain favors for
tuck - hiding one's manhood
wig/weave - usually weave refers to extensions but they mean the mostly same thing in the drag world
work - to put in effort/an exclamation of being praised for your effort and flawlessness

LQJZVgm.png

Video

If you want to catch up, here are some links to past seasons :
Netflix UK (all seasons excluding All-Stars)

Logo (US)
Season 2
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6
Threads
Season 6 Thread
Original thread, covering Seasons 4, All-Stars, and 5

That's all.

WCFBX6r.jpg

Vitanimus

I'm rooting for Violet, Trixie and Pearl. Miss Fame seems almost seems like an auto top 3 but I said the same with Ben last year :(

mantidor

Yup, he's been junked completely. Not a total surprise given that you could see the tension last season.

While he seems insufferable Michelle Visage can also be... and are Carson and Mathews now regulars? Santino is certainly not my favorite person but I loved how he dragged some queens to the ground when they messed up, I don't see neither of those two doing that... well, I might be surprised.

While he seems insufferable Michelle Visage can also be... and are Carson and Mathews now regulars? Santino is certainly not my favorite person but I loved how he dragged some queens to the ground when they messed up, I don't see neither of those two doing that... well, I might be surprised.

Yep, per the trailer those two are now regulars. Santino is on the list as one of the guest judges for the season though.

I'm not sure about Carson either but I'm thrilled Santino is gone. I felt that he brought very little and really, increasingly diminishing returns each season, each episode.

Masamuna

Recently watched season 6 and for the most part it was one of my favorite seasons. I cannot wait for the shade!

I don't have logo, is it possible to watch dragrace via stream on their website?

jorgeton

Yay OT.

Not sure how I feel about the new judges. I think Carson is OK but Ross Matthews kind of gets on my nerves. The two of them together.. might just be too gay. Should've thrown in another female identified judge.

Also March 2 is so far away.

Then that's a win. Is it usually available the day after?

Yep, it's usually up the next morning.

Cannot wait! This is my favorite show. Every episode is a total event for my friends and me.

Love the trailer too, keeping an eye out for Pearl, Max and my girl Kasha Davis.

Foffy

Banned
Finally got an air date. Yes gawd.

The production of it looks to be higher than it's ever been, but I'm not really feeling the season yet. But I'm also unfamiliar with every participant.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Judging from the trailer it seems
Tempest
might be the first to go cause I barely saw her there.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
hold the fuck up
no santino?

Here are my elimination predictions so far:

14 - Tempest DuJour
13 - Jasmine Masters
12 - Sasha Belle
11 - Kennedy Davenport
10 - Trixie Mattel
9 - Ginger Minj
8 - Kandy Ho
7 - Max
6 - Mrs Kasha Davis
5 - Violet Chachki
4 - Miss Fame

Final Three:
- Pearl
- Jaidynn Diore Fierce
- Katya

I'm sure I'll change this up once the show starts. I wonder who will impress/disappoint though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Here are my elimination predictions so far:

14 - Tempest DuJour
13 - Jasmine Masters
12 - Sasha Belle
11 - Kennedy Davenport
10 - Trixie Mattel
9 - Ginger Minj
8 - Kandy Ho
7 - Max
6 - Mrs Kasha Davis
5 - Violet Chachki
4 - Miss Fame

Final Three:
- Pearl
- Jaidynn Diore Fierce
- Katya

I'm sure I'll change this up once the show starts. I wonder who will impress/disappoint though.

The real question is will you be running your [S U P R E M E] drag race comp so I have a chance to redeem myself

Gradon

That trailer blew me away.
I really like Ginger Minj, Katya, Miss Fame and Jaidynn Diore Fierce.
I don't know what to expect but I love it. March can't come fast enough.

Is minge a commonly known word in the US? I always assumed it was a Britishism.

Also, the thread title - "Did you not or did you not come for me today?" Is that one too many not's or did La Gangja say it that way? :)

That's the actual quote
lol, I have to watch it again then! I thought the thread had been up too long for someone not to have spotted it, but you never know. :)

I'm rewatching in anticipation atm and up to season 4, Alisa Summer's booted off first for that awful tacky post-apocalyptic swimsuit, yuck.

Matt_

nooooo
not with that quality hunny

I watched it until they'd all arrived and then quit. I'm glad they've done away with splitting them in to two groups. I know they wanted to change it up a bit, but I don't think that made that much difference.

From what little I could tell, Katya looked great to me, Miss Fame seems like the Raja of this group - like immediately she is pegged as the one tipped for the crown. All the others it was hard to tell. I liked Jaidynn, if she doesn't do Chaka Khan in the Snatch Game I don't know who else would!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom