• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh while I would be here for more international queens, some of the... "talent" that makes it onto the show in the US has me worried. They have a giant pool of queens to work with and yet you still get Season 8s.

Going to countries with even lower populations like the UK or Germany just seems like a good way to burn through talent and end up with nothing, imo.

kirblar

Tbh while I would be here for more international queens, some of the... "talent" that makes it onto the show in the US has me worried. They have a giant pool of queens to work with and yet you still get Season 8s.

Going to countries with even lower populations like the UK or Germany just seems like a good way to burn through talent and end up with nothing, imo.
The wisdom of a man who witnessed the decline of X-Factor UK?

Maledict

Seeing this thread title has reminded me I dreamt last night I was starring in Season 10, and having never done Drag before I had no idea how to do my makeup. I faked it with the aid of my sister then bowed out after the initial round due to sickness rather than be embarressed.

I need to stop watching this program whilst cooking.

Maledict

I think the problem is that UK Drag is fundamentally different to USA drag. Paul O'Grady wrote about ti recently, but basically USA drag has it's own cultures that just don't exist over here, and drag is a very different thing.

Like, pageant drag doesn't happen. "fishyness" only came into existance from watching drag race. British drag is *much* more centred around humour, insult comedy and putting on a show. It's why every seasons we always prefer the comedy queens because that's what drag is over here.

Do you really want a show where every single cast member was Bianca del Rio? :)

Does that mean Untucked will be on VH1 rather than YT?

edit - yes it does.

I hope this means a slight change in format. The YT Untuckeds have been pretty dull.

kirblar

I'm confused, which is happening first? Why are they both happening at the start of the year?
Spring 2018 probably means late May for S10.

Presumably they don't want spoilers out there for a year. Guessing they might start trreating Drag Race like Survivor starting fall 2018 and doing 1 fall, 1 spring season per year.

royalan

BRING 👏 BACK 👏 THE 👏 GOLD ROOM 👏

BRING 👏 BACK 👏 THE 👏 INTERIOR ILLUSIONS LOUNGE 👏

Shizuka

Apparently, filming wrapped up and the queens are back in the wild. There are some rumors going about the winner:
Shangela Laquifa Wadley, this is long so that people can't just guess with the length

Alrus

How can there be spoilers about the winner of AS3 already? Top 3 sure but usually they tape all queens getting crowned for that exact reason.

Yeah they do not tape the season finale until a couple weeks before it airs. Unless it;s different for All Stars? I stopped paying attention when it was clear that it was the Alaska show.

Alrus

Yeah they do not tape the season finale until a couple weeks before it airs. Unless it;s different for All Stars? I stopped paying attention when it was clear that it was the Alaska show.

There's no live finale for All Stars (so far). So they probably taped it already.

People are already spoiling the entirety of All Stars 3 on YouTube comments, UnHhhhh is not safe *facepalms*
I haven't come across any rumours about AS3 since the ones about the cast and first couple of eliminations - the whole season spoilers are out for real?

Shizuka

It's funny how Dragula S2 is sequestering their queens at the same time as RPDR S10. Some queens rumored to be on S10 are bound to be competing on Dragula S2 instead.

Shizuka

When will Dragula start?

I've read that it'll start on October and that it's already been filmed. A few notable queens are rumored to be cast, like
Imp Queen and James Majesty

Also, I recommend watching the lipsync competition for Shot with Soju, the queens are really talented. Funny how a baby queen like Soju managed to get so many talented and seasoned queens to compete for a spot on her show.

royalan

So I was bored and had a few hours to kill...

If there is any queen I think deserves a second chance on Drag Race...it's Jaymes Mansfield.

Her YouTube channel is just adorable. It's cutesy, informative, and it totally makes me get her character in a way that I didn't see on the show.

Shizuka

Where is the pre-AS3/S10 hype?

I just watched Evah Destruction, Mayhem Miller and Vicky Vox perform the same song, "That Laughing Track". Oh my, there is so much talent yet to feature on the show.
Well, except for Vicky.

Surrogate mother maybe?

Dunno, but the new Tyra feud (now with Raja) sure is entertaining.

Ratrat

Hey Qween has been pretty good recently with Tyra and Ginger being on.
I never hated either(Both deserved to win)but I think they may have gained fans.

alvmew

While this isn't what I was expecting/hoping for, one plus is that it was a lot less edited and effects-heavy than UNHhhh has been of late, which has been a complaint of mine. So I'll gladly give it a shot since it's the same humor I know and love, and I have no problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom