• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

They are also all very close in age, no real veterans like in previous seasons, I was a bit taken aback by so many queens being inspired by previous seasons then I remember this is 8 years old and I felt sad and old. :p

However there are a lot of different styles, and that intrigues me and excites me, it really all depends on the challenges now.

I really could not understand Kim Chi, her lisp was unfortunately very heavy, I'm not sure if its part of her character or if its natural.

Leila is doing that unkempt, loose "Adore style", but like, so much better.

Bob is hilarious.

I loved how Derrick was first blabbing about being the next "Chad" of Britney Spears or something and next Dax saying that she was bored of the queens who lipsync Britney for an hour. Needless to say, I really didn't like Derrick, probably the only queen I didn't like.

Rooting for Thorgy and Robbie, although I don't have much hope, I always root for the queens that exit early to mid-season, and I have this hunch there will be much more focus in younger and "edgy" drag, probably reflecting the main audience of the show.

Kim Chi looks fierce in photos but she's really boring as a performer. She's just not that impressive live. The hype around her is mystifying to me.

Bob is one of my all time favorite queens, but I'm worried that her humor won't land on the show. I hope she goes far.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Queens out and in drag
EN4T30n.jpg

J4KKV0r.jpg

rRuQtAM.jpg

zmKbuot.jpg

lAo9zQ7.jpg

MzaOgpu.jpg

FY6vqa2.jpg

TsWH0wW.jpg

Y8wfcPZ.jpg

DSwycyl.jpg

uANCnYB.jpg

3nFMBi9.jpg

I don't know why but Chi Chi is super cute to me, the Louisiana accent with that big hair and cute headband. She gives great stank face from what I've seen in the promo so I hope she's a fun one. Her MTQ was pretty boring but then again so was Latrice's.

Here's my pre-show ranking of the queens so far:

1) Bob The Drag Queen - Funny, charismatic, dynamic, will definitely own this season barring some kind of massive early fuck-up. Can't wait to see her lipsync, though I don't think she'll do that too many times.

2) Thorgy Thor - Another charismatic queen who's self-aware and charming. I think she'll bring out a lot of interesting looks. Her makeup skills seem pretty archaic but I don't think that'll stop her. Miss Congeniality prospects here.

3) Naomi Smalls - I think she'll surprise everybody and be more than just a runway queen, much like Violet did last season. I don't think she'll win since we already had a high-fashion queen take the crown, but she won't suck.

4) Derrick Barry - I know we don't WANT to like Derrick, but beside the obvious one-noteness of her Britney character I think she'll be another one to surprise. She's smart and charismatic, even if her personality doesn't jump out at you.

5) Cynthia Lee Fontaine - My local Austin queen. I was worried about her since her drag has never been very impressive, but she is ridiculously hyper and funny beyond her awareness, so I think she'll go further than I previously predicted.

6) Naysha Lopez - Yes her MTQ was boring and we're always ready to cast off a self-proclaimed pageant queen, but this is another surprise I think. She has top three potential assuming she's multifaceted beyond just looking fishy.

7) Robbie Turner - The thing about Robbie Turner is that I think she'll have an early exit but I'd have wanted to see a lot more from her. I think her drag misses the mark a bit but I hope she makes it to snatch game before getting buried.

8) Kim Chi - The thing about Kim is that she's stunningly gorgeous, but she can't perform for shit and her delivery is really mechanical. I think she has the potential to be funny but I'm getting Miss Fame vibes from her right now. She'll last longer than we'll like IMO.

9) Chi Chi Devayne - I love me a Southern queen, killer performers with big hair are so much fun. If Chi Chi can act and perform like Kennedy did, then she'll go far. If she's too one-note then she'll be out the door quick. Still, those eyes are everything.

10) Acid Betty - Acid's looks are very alternative and hyper-color, but that can get old quick if she runs with it right from the start. I don't think she's a good performer and I don't trust that she'll have much charisma on the show, so I think she'll be an early out.

11) Laila McQueen - Giving me Adore realness with that unscripted personality. She's a fierce queen, but I worry that this sort of frazzled lack of discipline will hurt her. Not a fan of her just yet, though I do love the "herd of lesbians" anecdote in her MTQ. Too cute.

12) Dax - I know Dax on Instagram as "that queen who loves Storm," but I don't know how out-of-the-box or creative she would be under pressure. Also not sold on her performance ability. I think she'll be the first to go.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Soulsis, please consider publishing your great posts in my local newspaper. Something about them makes me crave morning coffee.

Shizuka

I don't know why but Chi Chi is super cute to me, the Louisiana accent with that big hair and cute headband. She gives great stank face from what I've seen in the promo so I hope she's a fun one. Her MTQ was pretty boring but then again so was Latrice's.

1) Bob The Drag Queen - Funny, charismatic, dynamic, will definitely own this season barring some kind of massive early fuck-up. Can't wait to see her lipsync, though I don't think she'll do that too many times.

2) Thorgy Thor - Another charismatic queen who's self-aware and charming. I think she'll bring out a lot of interesting looks. Her makeup skills seem pretty archaic but I don't think that'll stop her. Miss Congeniality prospects here.

3) Naomi Smalls - I think she'll surprise everybody and be more than just a runway queen, much like Violet did last season. I don't think she'll win since we already had a high-fashion queen take the crown, but she won't suck.

4) Derrick Barry - I know we don't WANT to like Derrick, but beside the obvious one-noteness of her Britney character I think she'll be another one to surprise. She's smart and charismatic, even if her personality doesn't jump out at you.

5) Cynthia Lee Fontaine - My local Austin queen. I was worried about her since her drag has never been very impressive, but she is ridiculously hyper and funny beyond her awareness, so I think she'll go further than I previously predicted.

6) Naysha Lopez - Yes her MTQ was boring and we're always ready to cast off a self-proclaimed pageant queen, but this is another surprise I think. She has top three potential assuming she's multifaceted beyond just looking fishy.

7) Robbie Turner - The thing about Robbie Turner is that I think she'll have an early exit but I'd have wanted to see a lot more from her. I think her drag misses the mark a bit but I hope she makes it to snatch game before getting buried.

8) Kim Chi - The thing about Kim is that she's stunningly gorgeous, but she can't perform for shit and her delivery is really mechanical. I think she has the potential to be funny but I'm getting Miss Fame vibes from her right now. She'll last longer than we'll like IMO.

9) Chi Chi Devayne - I love me a Southern queen, killer performers with big hair are so much fun. If Chi Chi can act and perform like Kennedy did, then she'll go far. If she's too one-note then she'll be out the door quick. Still, those eyes are everything.

10) Acid Betty - Acid's looks are very alternative and hyper-color, but that can get old quick if she runs with it right from the start. I don't think she's a good performer and I don't trust that she'll have much charisma on the show, so I think she'll be an early out.

11) Laila McQueen - Giving me Adore realness with that unscripted personality. She's a fierce queen, but I worry that this sort of frazzled lack of discipline will hurt her. Not a fan of her just yet, though I do love the "herd of lesbians" anecdote in her MTQ. Too cute.

12) Dax - I know Dax on Instagram as "that queen who loves Storm," but I don't know how out-of-the-box or creative she would be under pressure. Also not sold on her performance ability. I think she'll be the first to go.

My list would almost go backwards; Chi Chi would be the first to go and Acid Betty would be among the top 5. Also, you're hot.

Monocle

Love this breakdown!

My list would almost go backwards; Chi Chi would be the first to go and Acid Betty would be among the top 5. Also, you're hot.
looool

9pT1Rzu.gif

where's the lie tho

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't think I've ever liked that colour on anything

Honestly the only reason I doubt Acid's prospects on the show is because her personality is very single-tone. That usually doesn't fare well on the show unless you're a give-no-fucks type (like Pearl), which isn't Acid at all. I'm getting The Princess from her right now, but I hope she proves me wrong! And thanks :)

Yeah that promo look on Ru is definitely... new? I'm sure she'll be bouncing between those 3 familiar silhouettes on the show as usual though. I will say my favorite visual departure of hers is this:

1228997422029802673.png

AMAZING

oti

Banned
I just wanted to say thank you for this thread. I had never heard of this show before and I can't really handle a full episode (just not a big fan of drama) but I love how confident everyone on this show is and this highlight video of Bianca Del Rio is a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxHdFFxQu4

A lot is flying over my head but I learned what "serving" means in this context. It's like learning new vocabulary in a way.

Monocle

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread. I had never heard of this show before and I can't really handle a full episode (just not a big fan of drama) but I love how confident everyone on this show is and this highlight video of Bianca Del Rio is a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxHdFFxQu4

A lot is flying over my head but I learned what "serving" means in this context. It's like learning new vocabulary in a way.
Definitely look up Alaska. Maybe check out her "can I ask you a question" videos on World of Wonder's channel. She's brilliant.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
that I love
did not love her my little pony drag thing they showed on fashion ruview

Matt_

just went and checked her insta and some of them are absolutely STUNNING
credit to her, couldnt stand her on her season but she obviously immensely talented

I can't remember her name, but the top one looks like Annie Lennox in that red wig. I think Acid Betty looks kind of awful tbh, like Lilly Savage crawling home at 5am after a rough night.

Matt_

I've only heard good things about this show.

Hulu has seasons 4-7, any recommendations for where to start?

you gotta watch them all
+ untucked if hulu has it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom