• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
Is this one of those things where I'm not understanding the art, or the art is actually shit? Those fashions...

Some of the queens were fierce though, so there's that. Also, the mancandy. Ungainly uncoordinated mancandy.

Aren't these clothes also absurdly expensive for what they are?

Monocle

Aren't these clothes also absurdly expensive for what they are?
I'll bet. I don't know why anyone would contemplate actually paying for that stuff unless they have their very own male model. And even then, why would you decorate your hunk with neon tatters?

mantidor

The one thing I like the most about the video is how it shows that no, you can't just pick hot guys from grindr and make decent runway models out of them, those walks were rough and embarrassing.

I'm assuming that's how they picked their male models, I cannot think of another possible explanation of how they were so bad.

Monocle

The one thing I like the most about the video is how it shows that no, you can't just pick hot guys from grindr and make decent runway models out of them, those walks were rough and embarrassing.

I'm assuming that's how they picked their male models, I cannot think of another possible explanation of how they were so bad.
I bet they were picked on the basis of how slutty they were willing to be at the afterparty. There must have been a racy afterparty.

Rayis

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Joe Goes formerly known as Badge of Shame but he went to Drag Con and did one of his signature awkward interviews, he didn't get to interview the super popular queens but he interviewed Laganja and she was great there.

also, Joe has crossdressed before and served pure unadulterated FISH

mantidor

I hate all these queens coming to Brazil and me not having the money nor the time to go to their shows.

Not to mention they are so short, I only managed to go to Katya's and she was on stage for like 10 minutes.

My only hope is for All Stars 2 rumors to not be true and that we won't have rolaskatox and alyssa vs coco over again, I'll seriously boycott that shit.

Shizuka

I hate all these queens coming to Brazil and me not having the money nor the time to go to their shows.

Not to mention they are so short, I only managed to go to Katya's and she was on stage for like 10 minutes.

My only hope is for All Stars 2 rumors to not be true and that we won't have rolaskatox and alyssa vs coco over again, I'll seriously boycott that shit.

Tell me about it. I almost went to Bianca's show, but then I remembered I already had a trip planned for that weekend. I'm not interested in Jinkx, so I'll wait for the next. My dream would be the AAA girls.

I don't think AS2 will have rolaskatox, if only because no one cares about Roxxy. Alaska is a lock, Detox is likely. I think Alyssa is a lock, I hope Coco doesn't make the cut.

KiN0

Ugh, I went to one of Bianca's shows and she showed up three hours later than the advertised time and only performed for 30 minutes.

zeopower6

Willam made it clear on her IG that she was NOT invited to all-stars

Yeah... though if Willam appears, it'd be during an Untucked or something.

I don't really like the rumored-and-pretty-much-confirmed list. I think there might be one or two queens missing.

Spoilers, but yeaaah.

SO much Season 5.

Tatianna, Phi Phi O'Hara, Alyssa Edwards, Coco Montrese, Roxxxy Andrews, Detox, Alaska Thunderfuck, Adore Delano, Kelly Mantle, Katya, Ginger Minj... and one other queen? Might be Jessica Wild or Tempest DuJour but really, there's some obvious filler in here. If you recall that video with drag queens throwing things, it was essentially a lot of All Stars contestants that do not normally live in LA. These queens also all had gigs that had to be moved around due to All Stars 2 filming. If this list is right, I'm rooting for Alaska/Tati/Alyssa.

Wilsongt

I just want to say, Bianca Del Rio came to Brazil last week and she kinda confirmed Alyssa Edwards for All-Stars 2.

Alyssa and Coco were pretty much confirmed a while back. As well as Detox, Alaska, Roxxxy. PhiPhi, Ginger, Katya, Tatianna, and Adore.

The only standout there is Tatianna. Alaska is a lock the win, just like Chad Michaels was a lock for the win for AS1.

Shizuka

Yeah, Alaska will probably take it, since she's flawless. I could see Katya getting far, even winning, if she knows how to play her game.

zeopower6

If All Stars 2 pans out the way I think it will because of the people involved... meh. Still would love to see some of the queens though.

Monocle

You should all check out Alaska's amazing new after show series, ingeniously entitled "After Show." It's basically 10-ish minutes of Alaska schmoozing with other queens after gigs.

P.S. Is it true Willam wasn't invited on All-Stars 2 because of some producer's petty grudge? I was sure I heard that somewhere, but don't quote me on it. Oh well, it's Alaska's crown to win. Katya will have to wait for All-Stars 3.

zeopower6

P.S. Is it true Willam wasn't invited on All-Stars 2 because of some producer's petty grudge? I was sure I heard that somewhere, but don't quote me on it. Oh well, it's Alaska's crown to win. Katya will have to wait for All-Stars 3.

I believe that producer is no longer on the show? A lot of the staff changed from seasons 6 to 7 and even after that, iirc. There was some beef though with a lot of screencapped Facebook messages and stuff but for the most part, I don't think it had anything to do with it. The first All Stars season was supposed to have Willam so she canceled gigs for it but then they told her she wasn't going to be a part of it for unknown reasons. However, she did appear in the lounge for Untucked so who knows how that arrangement ended up happening.

Monocle

I believe that producer is no longer on the show? A lot of the staff changed from seasons 6 to 7 and even after that, iirc.
Huh. Well I hope there was a good reason he wasn't invited, because everyone knows he would have snatched Phi-Phi's spot and ground Sharon into the dust with a designer heel if he hadn't been kicked off his season. And Willam would have added so much to either All-Stars.

At least we'll have Alaska, who's fast becoming my all-time favorite queen.

zeopower6

Huh. Well I hope there was a good reason he wasn't invited, because everyone knows he would have snatched Phi-Phi's spot and ground Sharon into the dust with a designer heel if he hadn't been kicked off his season. Would've added so much to either All-Stars.

I don't think Willam would have been suited for the post-Dida challenges. Dog challenge MAYBE, but the pregnant makeover could have been disastrous with Willam probably going out against Latrice's Natural Woman. I don't think anyone who landed in the B2 with Latrice in that challenge would have been able to last.

My guess is that Willam doesn't want to do All Stars at all in the same way that Vicky Vox and Rhea Litre don't seem to want to be on the show.

And yes, Alaska is flawless. It was really a blessing in disguise that they avoided casting Alaska on S4 as Sharon+Alaska and instead kept her for S5. I recall that they told both of them pretty late so Alaska was pretty crushed when she was told to stay home.

Shizuka

But if Katya's on AS2, how is she going to win AS3? I thought they couldn't repeat queens in AS cycles (we'll get some sort of confirmation when they officially announce AS2 cast). Man, I can't wait for Phi Phi's new party city look.

Rayis

Ughhh, some of the choices for AS2 are so questionable, also I read a rumor that
Adore doesn't make it far,she either quits competition or is just eliminated early

Yeah... though if Willam appears, it'd be during an Untucked or something.

I don't really like the rumored-and-pretty-much-confirmed list. I think there might be one or two queens missing.

Spoilers, but yeaaah.

SO much Season 5.

Tatianna, Phi Phi O'Hara, Alyssa Edwards, Coco Montrese, Roxxxy Andrews, Detox, Alaska Thunderfuck, Adore Delano, Kelly Mantle, Katya, Ginger Minj... and one other queen? Might be Jessica Wild or Tempest DuJour but really, there's some obvious filler in here. If you recall that video with drag queens throwing things, it was essentially a lot of All Stars contestants that do not normally live in LA. These queens also all had gigs that had to be moved around due to All Stars 2 filming. If this list is right, I'm rooting for Alaska/Tati/Alyssa.
They're wanting a re-run of the Alyssa/CoCo thing or what?

That all sounds good I guess, but not many wildcards other than Tatiana tbh.

Reddit kept a pretty good eye on when the queens came back to social media and were able to (maybe) figure out who the top four are, based on the fact that everyone else emerged on social media at some point but these four didn't:

Click with caution (again, far from a confirmation):
Alaska, Katya, Detox, Tatianna

Another interesting red herring:
I believe all four of them tweeted out something around the same time, possibly the same day, and they all showed the same posting source ("from Twitter Mobile Web" or something, i.e. not from their personal phones), and they were all throwaway tweets. Alaska just tweeted "Anus," I think Katya just retweeted someone and Detox probably just posted a joke. My guess is they were told to do that to throw off fans since they were able to figure out the ranking last year based on social media presence. I know WoW producers check up on Reddit pretty often so that doesn't surprise me.

Take it all with a grain of salt though.

zeopower6

Reportedly they let the AS2 queens use the Internet for short periods to avoid spoiling things.

I think S8 was filmed just before AS2. I think it worked like how S5 was filmed before AS and we'll get AS2 around the same time in the summer or fall.

Shizuka

Reportedly they let the AS2 queens use the Internet for short periods to avoid spoiling things.

I think S8 was filmed just before AS2. I think it worked like how S5 was filmed before AS and we'll get AS2 around the same time in the summer or fall.

But I can't wait.

Shizuka

Watching season 3 first episode is so weird. Alaska, Katya, Detox, Mrs. Kasha Davis, Chad Michaels, Jasmine Masters, Joslyn Fox and The Princess? I'm impressed. So much Alaska on that episode, it's not even funny (not pick her for that season).

Rayis

They should have a season with all the winners to see who would be the ultimate drag superstar

If Alaska wins All-Stars 2 she would win the whole thing

Shizuka

They should have a season with all the winners to see who would be the ultimate drag superstar

I always think there should be that kind of cycle in reality shows, but if you can't get the whole set, it doesn't work. I'm sure one of the past winners would pass the opportunity.

It'd be nice to see Sharon x Alaska.

Monocle

Alaska would be the only correct winner IMO. She's above Raja for me at this point. The total package. So polished now, in terms of both her drag and her persona. Untouchable.

I'm just so happy to see Alaska become the best version of herself. Every time I see her now I smile. :)

Let's not forget though, Sharon's drag right now is insanely polished too. Like completely insane.

zeopower6

Sharon is very polished, yes. Liked her old face more though. The new lips and teeth don't really work like before she got them changed, but she does love her surgery. :p

Some shit is going down from earlier today. Apparently Alaska's now-ex went on an Instagram rampage revealing some details about AS2 and how she is allegedly not sober and a lying cheater. People are thinking she might get in trouble because of breaking her NDA to this guy and if she won, it could get revoked along with potentially being put on the WoW shitlist. Though with Alaska... I highly doubt that would happen.

In case anyone is curious of the AS2 details that he mentioned at least... which may or may not be true but eh.

~eliminations and other pieces of information~
Coco out first, Adore storms off the show due to being frustrated that there was so much Season 5 on AS2.
Tatianna goes 3rd or 4th.
Top 2 lipsync each week for chance to eliminate girl of their choice.
Roxxxy 4th place.
Alaska won most of the challenges.
Detox/Katya/Alaska top 3 with a crowning filmed for each.

I hope it all works out okay. I love me some Alaska and she doesn't deserve this nonsense.

Shizuka

Sharon is very polished, yes. Liked her old face more though. The new lips and teeth don't really work like before she got them changed, but she does love her surgery. :p

Some shit is going down from earlier today. Apparently Alaska's now-ex went on an Instagram rampage revealing some details about AS2 and how she is allegedly not sober and a lying cheater. People are thinking she might get in trouble because of breaking her NDA to this guy and if she won, it could get revoked along with potentially being put on the WoW shitlist. Though with Alaska... I highly doubt that would happen.

In case anyone is curious of the AS2 details that he mentioned at least... which may or may not be true but eh.

Coco out first, Adore storms off the show due to being frustrated that there was so much Season 5 on AS2.
Roxxxy 4th place.

I hope it all works out okay. I love me some Alaska and she doesn't deserve this nonsense.

Hey, if they veto her, at least
Katya
will get her crown.

mantidor

I'm just catching up to the drama!

I feel for her but at the same time it was really dumb of her to go revealing this kind of thing over whatsapp of all things. It doesn't make the other guy any less of a scumbag though.

KiN0

Roxxxy 4th place.

I really hope the bit about adore isn't true. That would be incredibly childish-although, if that list is true, I do agree there is alot of s5.

I really hope the bit about adore isn't true. That would be incredibly childish-although, if that list is true, I do agree there is alot of s5.

She was probably frustrated because S5 girls protected themselves. Like, I am sure the only reason Rolazkatox reached the top 4 is because Alaska won many challenges and protected both Roxxxy and Detox. I hope Detox wins tbh.

KiN0

She was probably frustrated because S5 girls protected themselves. Like, I am sure the only reason Rolazkatox reached the top 4 is because Alaska won many challenges and protected both Roxxxy and Detox. I hope Detox wins tbh.

I guess that would be pretty annoying. Personally, I'm hoping for more s6 queens. That season had a lot of talent that could use another chance to shine.

Rayis

Whatever happened with that rumor of
Trinity K Bonnet
being in AS2

We know a heck of a lot more about AS2 than season 8, at least season 8 will be more of a surprise

mantidor

If all these rumours are true Katya has this in the bag.

zeopower6

Whatever happened with that rumor of
Trinity K Bonnet
being in AS2

We know a heck of a lot more about AS2 than season 8, at least season 8 will be more of a surprise

I think they're more lenient with the AS2 girls since many of them have tons of followers and fans, so it was pretty obvious who was gone for AS2 filming. A few girls had gigs canceled or replaced by queens that were not cast. That rumor was proven wrong pretty soon after filming started since she had a gig during filming.

And a lot of people seem to have a pretty good grasp on the cast of S8 at least. Some interesting faces imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom