• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Straight Right (Mass Effect 3 Wii U) porting AAA Square-Enix game to Wii U

If it is Deus Ex or Sleeping Dogs, why? I really don't understand their logic in making ports of previously released games.. If it was Deus Ex HR bundled with the first one then maybe I'd bite but it seems pointless when they could have released Tomb Raider or something else coming to the other consoles.

Kouriozan

If it is Deus Ex or Sleeping Dogs, why? I really don't understand their logic in making ports of previously released games.. If it was Deus Ex HR bundled with the first one then maybe I'd bite but it seems pointless when they could have released Tomb Raider or something else coming to the other consoles.

Building a fanbase on Wii U for new games maybe?
Who am I kidding, it'll get a "our 2 years old port that everyone already played don't sell on Nintendo console so f*ck you Nintendo"

Building a fanbase on Wii U for new games maybe?
Who am I kidding, it'll get a "our 2 years old port that everyone already played don't sell on Nintendo console so f*ck you Nintendo"

The latter seems likely, I really hope I'm proved wrong and this actually is a game worth playing.

BowieZ

Banned
If it was Tomb Raider this would have been announced long ago. No sense there being any embargo on news about it when that helps nobody concerned.

Wiiu owners must be starved and desparate for games if everything announced gets its own thread.
- New thread for new news
- Don't complain about thread making (too meta)

Deus Ex might be old, but there are a lot of people who've yet to play it outside of the hardcore gaming bubble, particularly casual gamers and Nintendo's traditional fanbase. I, myself, haven't played it thanks in part to my ridiculous backlog. If it is an enhanced port - meaning, off tv play and enhanced graphics - with a reasonable price tag (< $40) and some Nintendo Direct screen time, then it could do well.

In truth, I'm not expecting any of the above to happen, because Square Enix is a joke.

Antagon

You know, Human Revolution is one of my favourite games of this gen, and purely in terms of quality that's another pretty excellent game to add to the Wii U library. Like, if owning a Wii U is the only way someone could play it, they'd be getting a fucking amazing game.

But a port of game that will be almost (if not) two years old, that regularly sells on Steam for a price into single digits, really epitomises the sad state of ports on the Wii U, irrespective of how good the game might be.

It also sells for 5 euros or so on PSN. So yeah, can't see this doing too well.

Portugeezer

Took the words out of my mouth. Who would approve a port of a two-year-old game?

Oldness is irrelevant except maybe when talking about pricing.

Reggie, for the consumers "dedicated to Nintendo platforms" who can't play these games on other systems...

How did that work for ME3?

evangd007

Deus Ex might be old, but there are a lot of people who've yet to play it outside of the hardcore gaming bubble, particularly casual gamers and Nintendo's traditional fanbase. I, myself, haven't played it thanks in part to my ridiculous backlog. If it is an enhanced port - meaning, off tv play and enhanced graphics - with a reasonable price tag (< $40) and some Nintendo Direct screen time, then it could do well.

I disagree with your first assumption. Deus Ex was a surprise hit for Square Enix. If it has new content (like, new areas, not just new functionality REGGIE) then it may be worthwhile, but if they are hoping to pull an RE4: Wii Edition with Deus Ex they will be disappointed. While good, Deus Ex doesn't have anywhere near the cache that RE4 does.

That having been said, if Straight Right has carte blanche to change anything they want they could possibly make the boss fights not completely suck.

beje

Banned
Sleeping Dogs was $10 on steam over the weekend...

Poor Wii U :(

And Deus Ex was just 6&#8364; too...

As I said before 15&#8364; eShop releases might stick and even get positive buzz, but knowing them they might not only try to sell them at full price (60&#8364;) but even add the SqE tax and ramp it up to 70&#8364;

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And for the more optimistic among us, I would not expect this port of Human Revolution to indicate plans for Human Revolution 2 on the Wii U.

hatchx

Banned
I'd bite on a Deus Ex port with a little Wii U functionality and off-screen play.

.....if it's discount priced.

And for the more optimistic among us, I would not expect this port of Human Revolution to indicate plans for Human Revolution 2 on the Wii U.

Honestly, wouldn't it make a hell of a lot more sense to just jump straight to HR2 and do a day/date release? Plus if it's HR why not just announce it?

farnham

Banned
So is human revolution a lock now? Kinda hope warren spector could be hired back to SE after junction point just crashed

The Deus Ex: HR port is being done by Eidos, not Straight Right. So what exactly is Straight Right porting...?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...nfirmed-and-yes-theyve-fixed-the-boss-battles

Director's Cut is, according to Eidos Montreal, more than a port. The developer describes it as the "ultimate edition of the game". It is a co-production between the huge Canadian studio and Australian developer Straight Right, which has form when it comes to working with the Wii U: Straight Right made the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3.

Straight Right is porting Deus Ex: HR.

Top Bottom