• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Straight Right (Mass Effect 3 Wii U) porting AAA Square-Enix game to Wii U

Haunted

Same studio that did Mass Effect?

So it's probably Blood Money, sold for the same price as the three-game Hitman HD trilogy is on other platforms.

But Wii U is Next Gen now!

I wish more people saw Wii U as next-gen, yeah it's not the same leap as it was last to... er formerly current gen(?), but Wii U's got a much more powerful GPU and lots more RAM, combined that should help Wii U pull ahead of PS360, but we need at least one title to truly eat this thing inside out, to make people go "THAT'S next-gen!".

3D Mario might be the one at the moment, I mean have you seen the shit that Galaxy pumped out of the Wii at 60fps? Watching a playthrough my jaw kept hitting the floor with all the mapping and the style choices all butter-smooth.

Now get that kind of hardware push on Wii U, we'll be in for a real treat.

Bayonetta 2 could be another, hell to me 101 already is borderline next-gen, I mean I'm seeing stuff that makes me think it's in CG but is actually gameplay, like the Hydra scene, holy shit at the lighting and the effects, also in 60fps as the Sept trailer confirmed, MADNESS (you wouldn't like Ness when he's mad hyuk)!!!

Bayonetta 2 will be Platinum's 2nd Wii U game, applying many tricks they learned that perhaps they didn't have time to implement or thought it wouldn't fit the more cartoony style.

Don't forget Wii U's RAM has confirmed to allow uber textures, FIFA already uses it, Rayman MIGHT as well, as Ancel said that they don't need to compress textures for it now.

I have high confidence in Wii U's next-gen capabilities, we just need the right people to show it. Only exclusives will really utilize it, problem is, is the CPU, which I think might be a tad lower than even the 360 (but still way above Wii I'm sure), and lots of PS360 games seem to focus on it (I think it affects character counts among other things?), and that's why most launch ports were so poor, they weren't properly adjusted, it wasn't the update.

AC3 was I think the most polished port, maybe because Ubisoft actually made sure to dig deep and properly figured out how to do it right, so I wouldn't call a good PS360 port impossible. Was it CPU dependent on PS360?

Also, isn't the GPU basically the most important for graphics (it is the GRAPHICS Processing Unit after all) so luckily that's where Nintendo focused chip-wise.

That was a long post, I hope people agree with what I said. :)

Oddduck

http://nintendoeverything.com/98256...-well-known-franchise-in-the-works-for-wii-u/

One thing I don't think we paid enough attention to:

“We’ve made a few bets on Wii U actually so we’re certainly hoping it does well. In addition to ME3 we have an original Wii U title in development, and we’ve started on another big game in a well known franchise that will be released in 2013."

Sleeping Dogs is not a well known franchise like Tomb Raider, Hitman, or Deus Ex. Wouldn't that automatically eliminate Sleeping Dogs?

Meelow

Banned
http://nintendoeverything.com/98256...-well-known-franchise-in-the-works-for-wii-u/

“We’ve made a few bets on Wii U actually so we’re certainly hoping it does well. In addition to ME3 we have an original Wii U title in development, and we’ve started on another big game in a well known franchise that will be released in 2013."

Sleeping Dogs is not a well known franchise like Tomb Raider, Hitman, or Deus Ex. Wouldn't that automatically eliminate Sleeping Dogs?

The thing about Deus EX is, is it really as big as a franchise though as TR, Hitman, Final Fantasy?

I expect it to be Deus EX though because that's how weird the gaming industry is but yeah...

farnham

Banned

Sleeping Dogs is True Crimes Hong Kong

it is a well known franchise

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'd HOPE that it's the next Deus Ex (or maybe Thief 4? Isn't that what the studio is doing now?), but I'd play Human Revolution again if they make good use of the Upad.

Yagharek

Third party strategy for Wii u seems non existent at this stage. Shame.

But how was the me3 port, performance wise? I'd buy DEHR again if it was a quality port with extras.

Roo

Just to be clear
when they say "that will be released in 2013".. are they talking about this port or a simultaneous release across all the platforms including Wii U for the same game (a new installment from said franchise)

Because if it's the latter, TR is the only option left

ari

Banned
sleeping dogs, Hitman, or tomb raider.

I would be surprise if its a FF13 complete edition or something or lolightning returns.

Meesh

sleeping dogs, Hitman, or tomb raider.

I would be surprise if its FF13 complete edition. I would bite if it was but thats lol worthy.
Who am I kidding, I'm gonna bite now matter what it is. Support. Represent and whatnot. :)

hatchx

Banned
Just to be clear
when they say "that will be released in 2013".. are they talking about this port or a simultaneous release across all the platforms including Wii U for the same game (a new installment from said franchise)

Because if it's the latter, TR is the only option left

It probably is Tomb Raider, and it'll get announced at the next ND.

Epic Mickey 2 and Black Ops 2 were denied for quite some time on Wii U and we saw what happened.

Sadist

If true, wtf Square-Enix.

I already have it and like it a lot. But I won't double dip on a potential Wii U version. Oh well, the continuing Nintendo third party cycle continues. Oh well. If I get treated as a third rate customer, I'll view them as a third rate publisher.

The thing is Deus Ex 4 has been slated for next gen and if they have no intention of bringing it to Wii U (they probably don't) than HR would just be completely useless.

StuBurns

Banned
I wish more people saw Wii U as next-gen, yeah it's not the same leap as it was last to... er formerly current gen(?), but Wii U's got a much more powerful GPU and lots more RAM, combined that should help Wii U pull ahead of PS360, but we need at least one title to truly eat this thing inside out, to make people go "THAT'S next-gen!".

3D Mario might be the one at the moment, I mean have you seen the shit that Galaxy pumped out of the Wii at 60fps? Watching a playthrough my jaw kept hitting the floor with all the mapping and the style choices all butter-smooth.

Now get that kind of hardware push on Wii U, we'll be in for a real treat.

Bayonetta 2 could be another, hell to me 101 already is borderline next-gen, I mean I'm seeing stuff that makes me think it's in CG but is actually gameplay, like the Hydra scene, holy shit at the lighting and the effects, also in 60fps as the Sept trailer confirmed, MADNESS (you wouldn't like Ness when he's mad hyuk)!!!

Bayonetta 2 will be Platinum's 2nd Wii U game, applying many tricks they learned that perhaps they didn't have time to implement or thought it wouldn't fit the more cartoony style.

Don't forget Wii U's RAM has confirmed to allow uber textures, FIFA already uses it, Rayman MIGHT as well, as Ancel said that they don't need to compress textures for it now.

I have high confidence in Wii U's next-gen capabilities, we just need the right people to show it. Only exclusives will really utilize it, problem is, is the CPU, which I think might be a tad lower than even the 360 (but still way above Wii I'm sure), and lots of PS360 games seem to focus on it (I think it affects character counts among other things?), and that's why most launch ports were so poor, they weren't properly adjusted, it wasn't the update.

AC3 was I think the most polished port, maybe because Ubisoft actually made sure to dig deep and properly figured out how to do it right, so I wouldn't call a good PS360 port impossible. Was it CPU dependent on PS360?

Also, isn't the GPU basically the most important for graphics (it is the GRAPHICS Processing Unit after all) so luckily that's where Nintendo focused chip-wise.

That was a long post, I hope people agree with what I said. :)
No one will ever see it that way. The games you're talking about will, at best, be shown at E3, at which point PS4 and XB3 will be announced and will be far and away beyond anything Nintendo has to show. Nintendo had two years to show us next-gen, they failed, if that's because their specs, or development libraries, or effort, etc, isn't really important.

VariantX

Damn, if it is really Deus Ex, then that's basically being ported to die. Everyone and their mother has the game by now since it can be bought for next to nothing. Seems like what these devs are doing is just pointless busy work.

Mael

Probably the people who are releasing DE4 on PS3 and 360 as well next year, where as Wii U will never see a Tomb Raider, and there won't be a FFXIII-4.

There's a new Deus Ex coming?
as far SE goes, better that over Tomb Raider "if you liked FFXIII" and another Lightning crapola, I wuldn't even mind if that last one skipped the ps3 tbh

Oddduck

The thing is Deus Ex 4 has been slated for next gen and if they have no intention of bringing it to Wii U (they probably don't) than HR would just be completely useless.

I don't know if its entirely useless.

Eidos Montreal signed a deal with a movie company to make a film out of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Specifically a film about Human Revolution, and not other Deus Ex games. And the team behind the game will be working closely with the filmmakers. Getting the game out on as many platforms as possible is a good way to sell more movie tickets. And it'll keep the game fresh in people's heads.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/07/11/cbs-and-eidos-announce-plans-for-deus-ex-film/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You know, Human Revolution is one of my favourite games of this gen, and purely in terms of quality that's another pretty excellent game to add to the Wii U library. Like, if owning a Wii U is the only way someone could play it, they'd be getting a fucking amazing game.

But a port of game that will be almost (if not) two years old, that regularly sells on Steam for a price into single digits, really epitomises the sad state of ports on the Wii U, irrespective of how good the game might be.

Mael

There is, it's platforms and release date are pure speculation on my behalf though. It would make sense to put the first one on Wii U if you intend to release the second one there.

I didn't know about that.
I'd really have to be starved of new games to get that but between Dragon's Boring Dogma and this I'd take this....
(Because I bought DD not so long ago...)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Probably the people who are releasing DE4 on PS3 and 360 as well next year, where as Wii U will never see a Tomb Raider, and there won't be a FFXIII-4.

Given that Thi4f seems to have been bumped to next-gen, I would expect that Eidos Montreal is done with the PS3/360.

StuBurns

Banned
Given that Thi4f seems to have been bumped to next-gen, I would expect that Eidos Montreal is done with the PS3/360.
If you're going to do Wii U, you might as well do PS360, especially if you're releasing in the first eighteen months of the new systems, the install bases will be pretty shitty.

javac

Guys, it's a test! Everyone buy this 2 year old game for $60 and we MIGHT get a shoddy port thrown in here and there!

Yeah right

Top Bottom