• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Straight Right (Mass Effect 3 Wii U) porting AAA Square-Enix game to Wii U

Meelow

Banned
Haha the typical, "We'd want to make it unique, so no Wii U for you!" reply.

Pretty much, they could leave the Gamepad screen black and I'd still want the game, getting the game is better than not getting the game at all me thinks.

NateDrake

Emily Rogers is saying it's not Tomb Raider.

Her reasoning was that porting Tomb Raider Wii U couldn't begin in June 2012 as the game is being developed for PS360 in another region at the same time. Either the port starts at the same time or after the other versions are completed.

BD1

Banned
I don't get it. If it is Tomb Raider, why are they being so secretive? And if its not Tmb Raider, why would they bother porting games like Hitman or Sleeping Dogs so late?

JDSN

Banned
I don't get it. If it is Tomb Raider, why are they being so secretive? And if its not Tmb Raider, why would they bother porting games like Hitman or Sleeping Dogs so late?

Because theres a precedent of third parties doing stupid shit when it comes to Nintendo consoles?

All but the bottom are old.

But the bottom is a huge hint, since Emily references it, and she KNOWS which game the port is.

https://twitter.com/Emi1yRogers/status/295906373781307394

So it seems to be 90% certain to be Deux Ex! :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sorry but this screams sloppy seconds. I wish it was a newer game that WiiU owners can anticipate with the rest of us. At this point we've all experienced DX in some form if we wanted to and will be able to buy it for cheap even by the time the WiiU port hits.

Better than Tomb Raider, that has disaster written all over it, Deux Ex at least is critically acclaimed isn't it? Maybe we'll get Thief 4 at some point.

wsippel

Banned
What if it's a game that hasn't been announced yet? Like Human Revolution 2?

Kimawolf

It's a waste. Why not use that money to port a new game to the Wii U? What's the benefit of porting an old game unless you are planning a sequel and want to try to build a fan base on the Wii U?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Better than Tomb Raider, that has disaster written all over it, Deux Ex at least is critically acclaimed isn't it? Maybe we'll get Thief 4 at some point.

honestly, no.
I mean: I'm not a TR reboot fan, but it would be simply better for everyone to see softco spend money in something that makes (little?) sense, than wasting time and resources in a 2 YO port.

kinggroin

Banned
Sorry but this screams sloppy seconds. I wish it was a newer game that WiiU owners can anticipate with the rest of us. At this point we've all experienced DX in some form if we wanted to and will be able to buy it for cheap even by the time the WiiU port hits.

Aaaawww nice to know someone cares

So what's the point of having a two years old port and probably at full price?
You can complain about bad sales.

3rd Party Logic.

I mean, the Assassin's Creed III port costs less then a million and they already earn money with it (Wii U), but that isn't a two year old port.

Oddduck

I mean it makes sense about them not doing a Tomb Raider port.

They started in June on the port. Tomb Raider for 360/PS3 doesn't come out till March. That's like 10 months of porting a game. Plus Wii U version wouldn't come out in March, so it would be more like 12 to 15 months of porting. Especially since they have to wait for the final build of the game to finish porting it.

That's a lot of months of porting a game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Aaaawww nice to know someone cares

Far from it. This is me being sympathetic towards WiiU owners. It's not exactly exciting to get a port of a slightly older game. It's a good game, no doubt, but if this was an upcoming game that released at the same time as other platforms I believe it would be more exciting for WiiU owners.

beje

Banned
If it's indeed Deux Ex, I wonder what kind of word games and twisted vocabulary will they use to justify a 60€ pricetag on a 2 years old game that I could buy right now on Steam at 6€...

It could stick as a 15€ (at most) eShop release with all the DLC included, but all signs are pointed to a retail release with the subsequent "third party games don't sell on Nintendo Systems" trying to justify not developing ever again for it in front of shareholders.

I already have Deus Ex HR on my Retina Book, which can run it at max everything. It would be kind of a letdown if this were the only bone Square was throwing Nintendo. Also, kind of random at this stage of the game.

Maybe there's a new Deus Ex sequel we don't know about yet?

Coen

So what's the point of having a two years old port and probably at full price?

Square-Enix in two years: "We tried supporting WiiU but unfortunately, the audience rejected our product. We feel WiiU users only want software specifically designed for the console. Therefore, we're not developing Tomb Raider: Protecters of the Realm for WiiU."

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe is the ultra-successful FF:AtB, Wii U is the only console with the right interface for it after all... Well, I guess Kinect can work as well.

As "blah" as most people are toward Lightning Returns, it would still make the most sense to port that than anything else from SE at this point. Other than Tomb Raider, but that's already been denied.

Top Bottom