• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Deluxe Digital Promotion details

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=35772

NINTENDO'S DELUXE DIGITAL PROMOTION MAKES WII U AN EVEN BIGGER HOLIDAY VALUE

REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 30, 2012 – As Nintendo prepares to launch the revolutionary Wii U home console on Nov. 18, consumers in the United States can look forward to a special promotion that will give select Wii U owners even more bang for their entertainment buck. Nintendo today revealed details about the Deluxe Digital Promotion, which lets consumers who buy the Wii U Deluxe Set earn points when they purchase downloadable games and redeem those points for even more fun digital content in the online Nintendo eShop. The promotion gives Wii U Deluxe Set owners a big incentive to connect their systems to the Internet and discover a constantly expanding array of downloadable games, entertainment offerings and cool ways to connect with family and friends.

All Wii U Deluxe Set owners who purchase digital content for Wii U, including downloadable games in the Nintendo eShop for Wii U and download codes sold at select retail stores, will earn points with a value equivalent to approximately 10 percent of the Nintendo eShop list price of each purchase. For example, a game priced at $59.99, such as New Super Mario Bros. U, would earn 599 points. For every 500 points they earn, participants will receive a code worth $5 in credit to be used in the Nintendo eShop for either Wii U or Nintendo 3DS. Points will be earned on all digital purchases made on a Wii U Deluxe Set from Nov. 18, 2012, until Dec. 31, 2014. When the Deluxe Digital Promotion website launches in December, participants can see the points they've earned and receive codes for Nintendo eShop credit by signing in with their Nintendo Network ID and password. Codes must be received at the website by March 31, 2015. Received codes must be exchanged for Nintendo eShop credit on Wii U or Nintendo 3DS by June 30, 2015. Nintendo eShop credit on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS does not expire.

"From day one, we want Wii U owners to experience the full breadth of great downloadable games and content available for the console," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "The Deluxe Digital Promotion is our way of encouraging Wii U Deluxe Set owners to explore the Nintendo eShop and discover how Wii U offers an incredible combination of fun, innovation, convenience and value."

The Wii U Deluxe Set offers extraordinary value right out of the box. Launching Nov. 18 at a suggested retail price of $349.99, it includes a black Wii U console, black touch-screen Wii U GamePad controller, sensor bar, AC power adapters and stands for both the console and the controller, a charging cradle for the GamePad, an HDMI cable and a copy of the Nintendo Land game, which features 12 playable attractions based on Nintendo's most imaginative and beloved game franchises. Consumers who purchase the Wii U Deluxe Set can use the Deluxe Digital Promotion with a Nintendo Network Account.

Qualifying Nintendo eShop purchases in the Deluxe Digital Promotion include games and content published by Nintendo as well as games from third-party publishers. Digital content purchases from the Wii Shop Channel are not eligible for Deluxe Digital Promotion points. Purchases from the Nintendo eShop via Nintendo 3DS hand-held and Wii U Basic Set systems are also ineligible.

Remember that Wii U features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu.

For more information about the Deluxe Digital Promotion, visit http://ddp.nintendo.com.

http://ddp.nintendo.com/

CjWDr.jpg

zroid

Banned
Pretty good stuff. 2 years seems like a solid timeframe, but I wonder what they'll do after that. Probably a subscription service, I'd guess.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
My Target pre order is for the Basic...hmmm....

Lucent

Yep. It's cool they're not going proprietary with the external hard drives, too. Might actually go digital with the Wii U.

NFreak

Still don't plan to buy retail titles digitally but this is going to be nice for the original eshop content.

Zierath

Nice. This was the main reason I preordered the deluxe. Since I plan to get as much digitally as possible it should pay for itself.

I'm not convinced this will prove to be any cheaper than buying physical games. Especially here in the UK where eShop games are crazy expensive.

Toki767

This working on any Wii U eShop game is what is the nicest thing about this. Also 1 point = 1 cent is a nice touch. Makes it easier to calculate money.

Lucent

I just need someone to buy my 3DS and stuff so it'll ease the pain on my wallet getting this thing. >_<

zruben

Banned
anyone knows if this deal will be exclusive to USA?.

I'm in Mexico, and I wanna know if this is going to apply here as well.

Jackano

I'm not convinced this will prove to be any cheaper than buying physical games. Especially here in the UK where eShop games are crazy expensive.

That's why it's in percent. 10% of more expensive makes you a greater coupon.

Also, for those who didn't noticed/catch the goal, this is the ambassador programm for early adopters.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The reason why I'm going deluxe, right there.

Yeah now I have even more reasons to my games as DD

this is why I have gotten no software with my Deluxe pre-order fully paid off.

I wonder if they will find a way for basic users to pay into this program or is this Ambassadors all over again and Basic are locked out of this deal?

Silly that they aren't launching this with the console. All of us hoping to go all digital will have to wait a month before we can actually take advantage of it.

Also silly that we don't know if the content we buy will be locked to the console or to an account.

Nintendo does things a little different, and it enrages me.

I pre-ordered a deluxe day 1, they had me at hello

Is there tax on eShop purchases? If not, it's gonna pay off nicely. The thing that's kinda meh about the whole deal is Nintendo never drops (never needs to drop) their damn prices on software.

So theoretically, you'd recoup the deluxe set premium if you spent $500 on dd games in the first two years of owning a Wii U.

Challenge accepted.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Silly that they aren't launching this with the console. All of us hoping to go all digital will have to wait a month before we can actually take advantage of it.

Also silly that we don't know if the content we buy will be locked to the console or to an account.

You still get the points, even though the site won't be up.

ilJyRuwig0FZi.png

So your cash back is delayed about 13 days no big deal you still get it. the program starts on the 18th of november the website for the program is just not ready until December

sikkinixx

With trade-in deals, sales, and retailer pre-order promos the vast majority of games can be had with more money off than $6. Cool idea but unless Nintendo actually has good sales (lol) I probably won't be using it.

Top Bottom