• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to announce a Secret Title on 12 Dec [Over. Star Galaxy, browser game]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Ocean 4-2

Lymle Returns

ibk1WYtmxpAJDi.gif

TWEWY 2 HD
for Wii U with a spinoff on 3DS.
All new characters and cities.
Brand new dual-screen battle system that somehow manages to improve upon the first's perfection.
Believe

Midou

Teaser changed and has 'DIVIDE' on the side now too. Not like I have any idea what that changes.

The majority of the tweets are, obviously about Star Ocean. If it isn't, as it likely will not be, the teaser is sort of a backfire for Squenix, but what isn't these days?

mao2

Teaser changed and has 'DIVIDE' on the side now too. Not like I have any idea what that changes.

The majority of the tweets are, obviously about Star Ocean. If it isn't, as it likely will not be, the teaser is sort of a backfire for Squenix, but what isn't these days?
http://cache.liftoff.square-enix.co.jp/top/12120715/assets/img/text/galaxy.png
http://cache.liftoff.square-enix.co.jp/top/12120715/assets/img/text/war.png
I messed around with the URL and found "GALAXY" and "WAR" .png files as well. I wonder what other keywords will appear...

jinutsu

Neo Member
I'm guessing it's a brand new Star Ocean game.

Star Ocean: TLH's story and characters left a really sour taste in my mouth but at the same time I'd be very excited to see a new Star Ocean announced provided it's released for consoles.

Cornbread78

lol, this thread made my day... Almost nobody cares anymore because we all know it's gonna be crap, see how far you've fallen SE... 6 pages of spoofs, lol. Thanks GAF

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Star Ocean 4 was the last SO according the producer of the series. Star Galaxy could be a new IP that retains SO's outer space setting and real time battles but set on a completely different universe. Looking at it that way the engine trailer released way back makes sense. That trailer had stuff referencing SO but the feel and look was very different from usual SO, characters didn't look animu inspired for once. I really doubt they would waste all the assets created in that trailer just to showcase an engine.

Of course it's all just speculation could be just a mobile or social game.

Lime

If tri-ace is involved, then no matter the game, I hope there isn't any "moe" or whatever the hell the proper term is.

LOVE their background art.

Their twitter feed, if you zoom in closely, says "UNIVERSE ACCEL COSMIC DRIVE UNIVERSE ACCEL COSMIC DRIVE TWITTER XITE XXX," or something like that.

X's mean I have NO idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_(video_game)

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE (機動戦士ガンダムAGE) is a Mecha Action role-playing game game developed by Level-5 and published by Namco Bandai Games. Considered as an adaptation of the anime of the same name, the game is divided into two versions: Universe Accel (ユニバースアクセル) and Cosmic Drive (コズミックドライブ), with each version having differences in the additional content. Both games were released on August 30, 2012.

Very suspicious.

Midou

http://cache.liftoff.square-enix.co.jp/top/12120715/assets/img/text/galaxy.png
http://cache.liftoff.square-enix.co.jp/top/12120715/assets/img/text/war.png
I messed around with the URL and found "GALAXY" and "WAR" .png files as well. I wonder what other keywords will appear...

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/06/new-square-enix-teaser-site-is-probably-for-star-galaxy/

Gives more credit to this then I suppose.

Clearly it's a
spiritual successor to Star Ocean, one that matches the more westernized style of the Tri-Ace tech demo, made for PS4/Nextbox, to be revealed fully at TGS 2013

Rpgmonkey

A grand Sci-fi JRPG would be cool. Especially if it has a stronger emphasis on space exploration than Star Ocean, and had a few cool space battlles.

But I hope for the best, expect the worst with these countdowns.

Error

The word 'divide' now appears in the teaser, I don't remember if it was there already.

Error

this has nothing to do with gundam, all the gundam merchandise (this includes videogames) is handled by bandai.

SE doesn't have anything to do with Gundam afaik.

jorgeton

Did any SO games use the term Universe Accel or Cosmic Drive? I feel like they have. Sounds very familiar. Maybe it's my weathered brain playing tricks on me.

I hate SE for trolling us with something so Star Ocean-esque.

Midou

Did any SO games use the term Universe Accel or Cosmic Drive? I feel like they have. Sounds very familiar. Maybe it's my weathered brain playing tricks on me.

I hate SE for trolling us with something so Star Ocean-esque.

See, this is the thing. While most of us know Square Enix is infamous for disappointing teasers, most people would automatically assume Star Ocean. The twitter feed is full of it, and if... when, it turns out it isn't star ocean, it's that much more irritating.

wrowa

Clearly it's a
spiritual successor to Star Ocean, one that matches the more westernized style of the Tri-Ace tech demo, made for PS4/Nextbox, to be revealed fully at TGS 2013

You know, I'd really welcome a Star Ocean reboot with western tastes in mind. Even if it's just so that they don't need to pander to otakus anymore with Star Ocean 4-like loli non-sense.

The tech demo really looked good, I'd kill for a game like that. :(

See, this is the thing. While most of us know Square Enix is infamous for disappointing teasers, most people would automatically assume Star Ocean. The twitter feed is full of it, and if... when, it turns out it isn't star ocean, it's that much more irritating.

Why would it have terms blatantly from Gundam AGE if it wasn't some kind of Square Enix-Bandai Gundam co-produced title? Maybe a crossover?

Lime

Clearly it's a

That tech demo had a billion time more interesting art style than whatever passed for the visual travesty that Star Ocean 4 was.

Negator

I'm so on edge. The possibility of this being Star Ocean related has me all excited.

Bracing myself for heartbreak... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom