• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to announce a Secret Title on 12 Dec [Over. Star Galaxy, browser game]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

HfBqa.gif

Oh God. LOL

This is right up there with the Carnival of Stupid reveal.

UberTag

GAF should know better. But it always falls into the Square Enix hype trap.
The company that promises nothing and delivers even less than that.

Iceblade

lol!!

go go square enix and its pointless announcements!!!

HfBqa.gif

Oh God. LOL

This is right up there with the Carnival of Stupid reveal.

Square-Enix Japan is dead to me.

SE is a rotting corpse.

You know, I'm kind of glad that the majority of the development team making this game probably can't comprehend English, because if they were reading this and other members' sentiments in this thread, they'd feel pretty darn upset.

Just because it's a browser game doesn't take anything away from the hard work and hours that's been poured into it, and it certainly doesn't render SE's right to reveal it in a fashion that they can feel proud of, as opposed to, you know, releasing it dead on arrival without anyone hearing about it all. Because that would totally be preferable.

Making games ain't easy, and I reckon if ya'll were able to make any respectable game--no matter the scale--you'd want to reveal it to the masses and not be censured just because it's not a AAA boozefest or because someone fell for a hype train. I think they deserve a bit more respect than that.

The Lamp

You know, I'm kind of glad that the majority of the development team making this game probably can't comprehend English, because if they were reading this and other members' sentiments in this thread, they'd feel pretty darn upset.

Just because it's a browser game doesn't take anything away from the hard work and hours that's been poured into it, and it certainly doesn't render SE's right to reveal it in a fashion that they can feel proud of, as opposed to, you know, releasing it dead on arrival without anyone hearing about it all. Because that would totally be preferable.

Making games ain't easy, and I reckon if ya'll were able to make any respectable game--no matter the scale--you'd want to reveal it to the masses and not be censured just because it's not a AAA boozefest or because someone fell for a hype train. I think they deserve a bit more respect than that.
Good point. I agree. I'm still amazed people thought this was going to be what they were hoping lol.

RaijinFY

For some reason that passage cracked me up....
I mean, seriously, were you serious?

luca1980

Banned

you know Se is not valve nor blizzard....they were acknowledged for their jrpg: where are they? ...
it seems they fail to grasp this simple truth, maybe they forgot it...

immagine from software announcing...a dark souls tatical social browser game..peolpe would laught loud!! it's preyy simple. it's like the second vita uncharted game lol.
a hype failure...

to think this announcment was teased ala star ocean lol

I'm sure every single developer making this game wants to jump on the next team making FF.

TaroYamada

From my perspective it is like building a fantastic mansion in the middle of a swamp, sure it's a beautiful house but it's kind of a waste given it will slowly sink into the ground. I know that's a shit analogy but basically, the amount of work exerted on something really only matters if the end product is worthwhile. Furthermore, to be frank, SE shares some of the blame. Don't tease games intended for casuals because chances are they don't give a shit, if you are going to tease it should be a core-centric title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom