• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man to jump into a vortex from Bell Rock - Sedona, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lawyer from Sedona, AZ who is named Peter Gersten, will be jumping off Bell Rock at 11:11 A.M. (Dec 21.) into a vortex that will be opening.

Police and other officials cannot prevent him from doing so since he truly believes he is jumping into a vortex that is set to appear, and not a suicide jump.

Here is an article I found on the story. http://wordswithmeaning.org/peter-gerstens-leap-of-faith-jumping-from-a-1-4km-rock-into-imminent-death-or-another-dimension/#axzz2Fc2Tl6MK

So, anyone around the Sedona area wanna go watch him do it? On second thought...........

From Peter himself:

"On the Winter Solstice of 2012 at exactly 11:11 UT a cosmic portal will open in Sedona Arizona and a leap of faith – from the top of Bell Rock – will propel me through its opening…. My two principal beliefs are:

1) that our reality is an intelligently designed cosmic holographic program and

2) that on the Winter Solstice of 2012 at exactly 11:11 UT – a Trans-Dimensional Event (T-DE) will occur… an article on my web site discussing the Mayan calendar end-date states that: There is no reason not to take a leap of faith imagining what may be in store (10). So by now you must have an idea of what I plan to do on the Winter Solstice of 2012 at exactly 11:11 while on the top of Bell Rock – a place only a few miles from my home…

Most of you will think that I am delusional and that my insane act will certainly result in my death. Death is inevitable – at least nowadays – and 100 years from now it won’t matter whether I died in 2012 or 2013 or even 2020. But I believe that some type of cosmic portal will be opening at that time and place and that an opportunity will present itself. I fully expect that it will either lead to the next level of this cosmic program; freedom from an imprisoning time-loop; a magical Martian-like bubble; or something equally as exotic.

In March 2012 I will reach 70 years of age and nine months later we arrive at the cosmic coordinate. I think it will then be time for me to move on – in one form or another.

I’d like to see what else our Cosmic Computer has to offer.”

BellWeb.jpg

dorkimoe

That doesnt make sense? So if I go to the top of a building and say I believe their is a vortex opening they can't stop me? Sounds ridiculous

Can't police protect him against himself? I don't understand why authorities can't stop someone from doing something incredibly stupid just because they're delusional.

Why can't police stop him? If someone was going to jump off a twenty story building because they believed they could fly, they'd stop them.

CinosAges

Apparently he isn't going to?

http://bellrock2012.com/2012blog/a-leap-of-faith-is-not-jumping-off-bell-rock/

Despite the rumors and suggestions of others, Peter is not planning to “jump off Bell Rock” on December 21,2012 (or anytime for that matter). As Peter told the local deputies that knocked on his door yesterday, he is not suicidal and anyone is welcome to climb to the top with him this Friday. So far this year he has guided over 150 grateful people from all over the world to the top of Bell Rock. Their journeys are recorded in his “Top of Bell Rock Club” photo album on his FaceBook fan page, 11:11 Invitation 2012.

Or maybe that's just what he's telling everyone.

corn_fest

I can't wait for Saturday to come around so we can get to watch all these people come up with their ridiculous, sad explanations for the non-eventfulness of tomorrow. It's going to be hilarious.

Steelrain

I can't wait for Saturday to come around so we can get to watch all these people come up with their ridiculous, sad explanations for the non-eventfulness of tomorrow. It's going to be hilarious.

Sadly, most of the quacks on Coast to Coast have already backpedaled hard on their doomsaying so they have robbed me of entertainment.

Imagine watching the jump live and at the last possible moment before hitting the ground there is a blinding white flash and he's gone.

Grym

but the actual solstice is 1 minute later - 11:12 UT (or 6:12 am EST). Dude is gonna miss the portal

JBuccCP

Imagine watching the jump live and at the last possible moment before hitting the ground there is a blinding white flash and he's gone.
It would be amazing if he's actually a magician who has been perfecting this trick his whole life for his one and only performance to fool the world into thinking it really happened. I guess he'd have to get a new identity and plastic surgery afterward to complete the illusion, then kill all the people who know.

HeySeuss

I've been there before. My ex wife wanted to go specifically to stand in that vortex. I guess there's supposed to be several in Sedonda. Was all I could do not to laugh at her nonsense. "Ohhhh I can FEEL it!".

I laughed uncontrollably and the rest of the trip was uncomfortable. Beautiful place though.

Darias

Shouldn't be be committed on a 72 hour watch after publicly stating his intention to attempt suicide?

Z_Y

but the actual solstice is 1 minute later - 11:12 UT (or 6:12 am EST). Dude is gonna miss the portal

Imagine him hitting the ground with a thud then seconds later a flash of white light appears right above his lifeless body.

Darias

If he's stupid enough to really believe this then no big loss when he goes splat.

Seriously - Darwin awards aren't nearly as fun when people go to such lengths to get them.

commedieu

Banned
graphic_banner_welcome.png

"As a parent, I am proud that Sprint is offering distracted driving solutions like Sprint Drive First, which helps wireless customers stay focused behind the wheel and keep their attention on driving." —Dan Hesse, CEO Sprint

-Automatically activates when the phone is in motion
-Phone Image Prevents texts, calls, and other unsafe distractions
-Can override in emergency situations

Prevent distracted driving

Do 15+ year olds have parental controlled phones these days?

What the.....

Imagine him hitting the ground with a thud then seconds later a flash of white light appears right above his lifeless body.
Don't be silly. He obviously calculated that the fall will last approximately one minute. He'll reach the vortex when it appears.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really hope this guy doesn't go through with it.

Huh, that's really cool. I guess I'll make a thread.

FatalT

Banned

The vortex has opened! We've been saved from a terrible thread! :p

Matt_C

Looks like we have a new meme here people.

as for OP, he was watching too much
Men in Black 3

If a vortex does open, I'd be more scared about what can come out from the other side than the guy jumping into it.

For all we know the moment it opens and he jumps he gets swallowed by a giant dragon that is coming out.

If a vortex does open, I'd be more scared about what can come out from the other side than the guy jumping into it.

For all we know the moment it opens and he jumps he gets swallowed by a giant dragon that is coming out.

Don't worry we have the robots to fight them. I saw it on the internet.

aparisi2274

What?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom