• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man to jump into a vortex from Bell Rock - Sedona, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darias

Also - that's a staggeringly stupid app... Good job Sprint.

Must really blow to ever be the passenger in a vehicle.

If a vortex does open, I'd be more scared about what can come out from the other side than the guy jumping into it.

For all we know the moment it opens and he jumps he gets swallowed by a giant dragon that is coming out.
cthulhu_rising_by_ktalbot-d5iltll.jpg

Saw this guy on a prepper documentary once. Can't he be committed or something?

Does he have any sort of netting or anything else to cushion his fall, or would that interfere with his "leap of faith"? If not, pre-emptive condolences to his friends and family. He sounds like an interesting, albeit crazy, guy.

Edited for truth:

That's dread Cthulhu, not Dagon.

Well, it's not like we can prove that there isn't a cosmic portal in Sedona, AZ, so clearly, the skeptics and the believers are both on equal ground.

Mission

For a guy who gives tours he doesn't know his Geography well. The nearest "Vortex" is about 1/2 mile southeast of Bell Rock across the highway.

fallagin

graphic_banner_welcome.png

-Automatically activates when the phone is in motion
-Phone Image Prevents texts, calls, and other unsafe distractions
-Can override in emergency situations

Prevent distracted driving

Do 15+ year olds have parental controlled phones these days?

Now I'll be much safer when I'm driving through a vortex.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Why can't he just walk into the vortex? Does the vortex only work if you jump from 12 stories above it into it?

I personally would just walk into it...

akira28

oh shit he'd better not. Vortex jumping could potentially destroy him, and be very bad for both our worlds.

edit: oh, Sedonan vortices? never mind.

Josh7289

Oh shit, we've entered the vortex.

One way or another, if he does this, and people are watching.. they are gonna freak out and remember this even for quite a while. :lol

Hopefully he doesn't do it, or hopefully someone stops him.

I've decided I am heading over there tomorrow with my video camera to record the event, if such an event happens. I dunno what to really expect but if I can get any crazy footage I will be sure to post it. Minus him plummeting to his death of course, you will have to PM me for that.

Tobor

I’d like to see what else our Cosmic Computer has to offer.

There's a Cosmic Computer kill screen coming up, guys.

Hey, guys, a Cosmic Computer kill screen coming up, check it out.

Magni

Unless you're an environmentally (and economically) stupid driver, you should be avoiding driving alone whenever possible. If I'm with a friend in a car, why should my phone cease to function while he drives?

Yeah, I heard about this in the beginning of the year already and I jokingly told my friend we should set up 2 lawn chairs and cooler full of beer and watch from below... It is kind of a sick way to think about it, but I would more be fascinated if there would be someone who would actually do that... I mean come on...

Dead Man

So, he's going to wait and see if it opens, not just leap and hope he has the timing right, right? It would suck to plunge to his death only to see the vortex open 3 second later since his watch was wrong.

Why doesn't somebody just put a big net at the bottom of the casm? It doesn't matter if he hits the ground, he just has to pass through the portal.

Well he won't be teleported to Hogwarts since that leap of faith takes place on a platform in some train station in England. What if he's jumping into the Twilight portal?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Unless you're an environmentally (and economically) stupid driver, you should be avoiding driving alone whenever possible. If I'm with a friend in a car, why should my phone cease to function while he drives?

Wait, are you suggesting that you drive with a buddy system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom