• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese game companies tease at what's in store for 2013

Takao

Banned
Aquaplus: In 2013, there are plans to release one title after another.
Aquire: 2013 will continue to bring challenges.
Compile Heart / Idea Factory: A new title in a popular series, of course something new that exceeds the imagination, is being prepared.
CyberConnect2: 2013 will have Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, Night Runner (tentative), and more.
D3 Publisher: 2013 lineup includes Smakare, Storm Lover 2nd, Vitamin Z: Gradation, Vitamin R, Dream Club Host Girl Collection, Dream Club Zero Special Edipyon!, Puzzle Royale, Earth Defense Force 2025, Dream Club New Shop Np5, and Onechanbara Z: Kagura (A re-release? New platforms?).
Ganbarion: New projects will be announced.
Imageepoch: They are preparing to publish their fourth and fifth titles.
SNK Playmore: 2013 will mark a great charge for Metal Slug.
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan: 2013 will be a bright new year and they will deliver surprising entertainment to everyone.

http://gematsu.com/2012/12/japanese-game-makers-discuss-plans-for-2013

I wonder if Ganbarion is working on a WU or 3DS game. Also, Acquire's answer is pretty Japanese. It reminds me of that time Inafune said he sees every new platform as a challenge that he must overcome. I just see new platforms as a new way to play video games.

GrizzNKev

Banned
At least two of them weren't incredibly vague.

Japan's Christmas message to the rest of the world: Look everyone! We're doing something! A thing! Hello? Please respond...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I like how most everyone was vague, except D3 and CC2, who were just like "fuck it, here's what we're releasing". :lol

Also, please let Onechanbara Z be getting a PS3 port! :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Aquaplus: In 2013, there are plans to release one mobile game after another.
Aquire: 2013 will continue to bring challenges. We will develop for iOS
Compile Heart / Idea Factory: A new title in a popular series, of course something new that exceeds the imagination, is being prepared for iOS
CyberConnect2: 2013 will have Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, Night Runner (tentative), and more coming to iOS
D3 Publisher: 2013 lineup includes Smakare, Storm Lover 2nd, Vitamin Z: Gradation, Vitamin R, Dream Club Host Girl Collection, Dream Club Zero Special Edipyon!, Puzzle Royale, Earth Defense Force 2025, Dream Club New Shop Np5, and Onechanbara Z: Kagura (A re-release? New platforms? iOS, you betcha).
Ganbarion: New projects will be announced for iOS
Imageepoch: They are preparing to publish their fourth and fifth titles for mobile platforms
SNK Playmore: 2013 will mark a great charge for Metal Slug. Hope you love F2P Metal Slug.
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan: 2013 will be a bright new year and they will deliver surprising entertainment to everyone. They'll actually release The Last Guardian

Tizoc

As interested I am for a new Metal Slug...it's one of only 3 series SNK has ever released any new games for =/
...wonder if it's a social/browser game with various trading options and leaderboards etc.
Fuck just gimme Metal Slug X and 3 bundle on PSN already SNK.

the chris

Square-Enix - Dissapointment

Final Fantasy XIII-4 Snow's Haircut

FgZ7i.jpg

Oersted

On somehow related news, Square Enix, Nintendo, Capcom, Sega, Konami, Level 5, Platinum, Grasshopper will all close next year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Disagree.

They are the best company at taking a liscense and making a great fanservice product.

I want them to adapt every piece of non-game media I enjoy.

I like Asura more than Naruto, and I liked Solatorobo more than Naruto. I'd rather see them try something completely new than just spending a lot of effort on (really well done) fanservice.

And yeah, I know they're making Solatorobo 2.

fates

Metal Slug got my attention. Would be awesome to see a game with sprite updates like King of Fighters 12/13's.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
CyberConnect2: 2013 will have Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, Night Runner (tentative), and more.
Aside from on-going Bullet and Guilty Dragon releases I declare a .hack hype train gogogogo!

DR2K

Banned
I dunno, I feel like the fighting game genre is over on this gen. Save KoFXIV for next gen, port XIII to Vita or something.

KoF will looks the same regardless of gen, lol. These sprites have another decade in them.

I'd be excited about the possibility of an HD Metal Slug with online co-op, buuuuuuuuuuut...
*looks at every SNK game with online that's not NGBC*
Yeah...

Aquaplus: In 2013, there are plans to release one title after another. - there will be atleast 2 PS3 title (Utawarerumono 2, Tears to tiara 2), and project jasmine and probably announcement of To heart 3.

Compile Heart / Idea Factory: A new title in a popular series, of course something new that exceeds the imagination, is being prepared
. new PS3 JRPG?

Imageepoch: They are preparing to publish their fourth and fifth titles.
Finally a JRPG that will be localized and released by NISA? ( that partnership wasn't just for BRS right?)

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan: 2013 will be a bright new year and they will deliver surprising entertainment to everyone. finally TLG and eventually Wild Arms 6 ( and hoping for more SCEJ console output)

KoF will looks the same regardless of gen, lol. These sprites have another decade in them.
Yep, nothing will change unless they make a new game from scratch, a new series or they revive a classic. The latter two probably aren't happening.
I dunno, I feel like the fighting game genre is over on this gen. Save KoFXIV for next gen, port XIII to Vita or something.
Chrono Phantasma is still a thing and I'm pretty sure we'll see something else for BB before ASW moves on to next gen. Next gen will probably be an opportunity to resume Guilty Gear. We'd be lucky if SNK does anything that isn't KOF next gen.

AAK

Hey Goichi Suda... when will Killer is Dead finish?

Regards,

A Killer 7 Fan

And SNK, Please make a last blade 3 with KOFXIII level of spritework.

Metal Slug is cool, but I hope SNK has some more new games in store for 2013 as well. I know they still need to be cautious, but I'm itching for another fighter revival/sequel from them.

Jonnyram

Famitsu proving how relevant they are to the gaming industry in Japan, by getting such hot scoops from such important gaming companies. A fascinating read once again, Famitsu!

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Hey Goichi Suda... when will Killer is Dead finish?

Regards,

A Killer 7 Fan

And SNK, Please make a last blade 3 with KOFXIII level of spritework.

Yeah, weren't we supposed to see more of Killer is Dead before the end of the year? So much for that.

ymmv

Banned
The Last Guardian. For the love of god already!

It will be announced on E3 as a PS4 launch title and then delayed at the last moment "due to difficulties in bringing such an ambitious game to a new platform". There'll be no more news at the major games events in 2014 and then we'll hear the game is finally canceled. In 2015 we finally find out only a trailer was ever made.

Consoles: Sequels and spin offs to a bunch of tired out game franchises that were conceived 10-30 years ago.

Handhelds (mostly just 3DS and perhaps iOS): A plethora of new franchises that people actually want to play, but never see the light of day outside of Japan.

METAL SLUG

I want to believe that this will end up being a good game... please don't let us down SNK-Playmore.

Top Bottom