• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azealia Banks is trying to define "faggot" on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and other stupid shit. Imploding what little career she has. This isn't her first twitter beef, and it won't be her last, but she is going above and beyond with this one.

azealia-banks-new_article.jpg

She's been beefing with Perez Hilton today and called him a messy faggot. You can read her whole mess of a twitter here

@perezhilton lol what a messy faggot you are.
link

Then, she just kept going deeper.

A faggot is not a homosexual male. A faggot is any male who acts like a female. There's a BIG difference.
link

When I said acts like a female I should've said acts like a cunt.
link

If u listen to my music and are not offended by the word nigga.... We're not gonna go here with this faggot shit... We're just not. Lol
link

And finally, the standard non-apology.

My most sincere apologies to anyone who was indirectly offended by my foul language. Not sorry for Perez tho. Lol
link

Orayn

People who aren't the target of a slur trying to "reclaim" that word rustles my jimmies something fierce. Cripes.

botty

Banned
This is Azealia Banks:

59BCo.jpg

You probably don't remember her from her youtube smash hit "212"

I don't know why she would do something like this, considering most of her fan base is made up of homosexual males. It really is disgusting, and something you should avoid doing before your career even begins.

mollipen

I can't say that I much appreciate her use of the word or attempts to explain her use of the word... but then again, on the other side, we have Perez Hilton.

SaintZ

I was starting to like Azealia because all of her twitter fights give me life but then she pulls this shit -_-

Fantasmo

On the one hand, we have obvious gay hate monger speech.
On the other, Perez Hilton.

It's like little kids hitting each other because they want to play with the same toy.
I'm gonna go with, I pretty much hate them both for $1000 Alex.

Well she can kiss her career goodbye. She turned off the more traditional hip hop crowd (which doesn't even check for her much) long ago, and now she has pissed off her bread and butter: gay men and straight female pop fans.

tumblr_m7pgpjhJAP1qzw3rlo1_250.gif

antonz

Such a conflicting thing. Terrible things to say but her target is such a terrible human being I almost want to give her a pass

botty

Banned
She is part of the LGBT community (she's Bi), but I agree.

She targeted a gay man, and every male who "acts fem." Two groups she isn't apart of, and has no reason throwing slurs at... especially when those two groups were the main ones supporting her.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Can we get a twitter petition going for her to join NeoGAF so that I can ban her?

botty

Banned
This is why I only use female rappers who are true friends to the LGBT community, like Nicki Minaj.

Kangi

There's no acceptable time to use this word unless a.) you're gay and jokingly using it as some type of in-joke with friends or b.) you're British and using the shortform as a term for a cigarette.

Any other time and don't even try to save yourself from the internet backlash.

Fantasmo

She is part of the LGBT community (she's Bi), but I agree.

Keep in mind this gay man is the same one that called Will.I.Am a faggot.

I was more on point than I thought. Reporting this story is kind of like complaining TMZ gossips too much. It's not appropriate but not one bit of me is surprised.

There's no acceptable time to use this word unless a.) you're gay and jokingly using it as some type of in-joke with friends or b.) you're British and using the shortform as a term for a cigarette.

Any other time and don't even try to save yourself from the internet backlash.

Well apparently she's bi so I assume she'll get a pass. Truthfully, both of them are people to be totally ignored. How they got popular I can't understand. Well I guess I can, lowest common denominator and all, but it should really be looked at as two dumb adults acting like kids that need a time out.

Koodo

Banned
Keep in mind this gay man is the same one that called Will.I.Am a faggot.
And tried to force gay men out of the closet. He's a completely execrable human being that has done nothing but set back the gay community, and humanity in general. Fortunately, karma caught up to that pig real quick and he's no longer relevant beyond Z-list circles.

Oh, and Azealia dun goofed too, but I suppose she never quite built a career to lose. 1991 was short enough to forget it ever existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom