• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess will be released in Europe only through 3DS eShop

Code of Princess will be released in Europe only through 3DS eShop, Agatsuma Entertainment just confirmed by mail to one of our readers.
Code-Of-Princess-3DS-eShop.jpg

Following the recent classification by the German rating board, we all knew the fast-paced action game would have been arrived sooner or later; Code of Princess was released in North America last October thanks to Atlus, and has been praised by critics and fans.

Source: Wiitalia

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Probably they will use the Atlus localisation work for it. It's a pretty good news for future niche titles localisations in Europe.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Good thing there was a retail release in Japan, since I sold my copy few days after buying it...

I egoistically hope this doesn't become a trend, especially until Nintendo insists on being stuck in the middle ages regarding digital purchases.
Someone break the region lock already!!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's a very good game though I felt it was overpriced at 30 US with a CD and mini artbook. 40 Euro for none of that?

But you can also look at it this way; if it does well then maybe you'll see more US only games come to europe through a digital only release.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Would rather have it this way than not at all. Hopefully, bodes well for future games.

Elonas

Neo Member
This game actually seems pretty awesome, but the 3DS eshop always seemed sorta... Overpriced? Nearly £40 for a game is a bit steep.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's a very good game though I felt it was overpriced at 30 US with a CD and mini artbook. 40 Euro for none of that?

But you can also look at it this way; if it does well then maybe you'll see more US only games come to europe through a digital only release.

The game was also $40 in the US for both the physical and digital releases.

That is FANTASTIC news.
A digital release is much better than no release, and hopefully it means Atlus can release more in Europe (HINT HINT Persona 4 Arena HINT).

Too bad the game is pretty disappointing if you come in expecting Guardian Heroes 2.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I imagine this is when importing from the US is preferred but...

I'm glad it was at least retail here in NA. I normally import Euro games as the reverse scenario is more common. (digital only NA, retail Euro)

Neo C.

Probably they will use the Atlus localisation work for it. It's a pretty good news for future niche titles localisations in Europe.

Yeah, I'm ok with this solution and think this is a good way for niche games to survive.

Volcynika

That is FANTASTIC news.
A digital release is much better than no release, and hopefully it means Atlus can release more in Europe (HINT HINT Persona 4 Arena HINT).

Too bad the game is pretty disappointing if you come in expecting Guardian Heroes 2.

Atlus doesn't exist in Europe and they're not even publishing Code of Princess over there. Their translation is being used though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
hurry up and release it. this is one of only a few 3ds games i wish to purchase this year.

the others
luigi's mansion
castlevania if any good
nano assault ex

Mpl90

Atlus doesn't exist in Europe and they're not even publishing Code of Princess over there. Their translation is being used though.

True, but neither Agatsuma exist in Europe. It seems on eShop publishers with no base in some regions can actually publish themselves: looking at USK rating, for example, Denpa Men's publisher is Genius Sonority like in Japan and not Nintendo ( not the same with Picross e2, where they publish it). Heck, there's even a listing for Reel Fish 3D Mini from Natsume. So, Atlus could perfectly publish its game over here on eShop.

Hellraider

I am okay with this.Actually I am okay with every single niche title skipping a retail PAL release.For better or for worse this is the future and we should embrace it.

Now,let's just hope for some decent price and not the stupid 1:1 conversion.

I am okay with this.Actually I am okay with every single niche title skipping a retail PAL release.For better or for worse this is the future and we should embrace it.

Now,let's just hope for some decent price and not the stupid 1:1 conversion.

Yeah, I hate games being avaliable in lower prices after a few months. To hell with that!

Digital would be ok, but on eShop? *shivers*

What? Its a decent game from what i gather

Looks like is decent and the soundtrack is very good, but I don't see Konami caring enough to translate and release the game after all this time. Is quite sad because it was one of the very few RPG on the console for months but Konami totally dropped the ball.

Glad Europe is getting it at all but there should be a retail release. It's a wonderful game and hopefully brings more players online!

Piers

It's their shot on pricing but I am not doubting the dreaded £39.99 tag, as good as the game could be.

Claymores

Banned
What a surprise EU gets screwed yet again, but digital is better than nothing I suppose.

If it's full price digital I won't bother with it.

Nintendo doesn't set prices or hold sales, the publishers do. It's Agatsuma's call.

That's the case on Wii U, but we do know is the same on 3DS eShop? Is quite strange that not a single game outside of Nintendo got a sale while on Wii U didn't even take one month....

wsippel

Banned
Yeah, I hate games being avaliable in lower prices after a few months. To hell with that!

Again: It's up to the publisher. Nintendo doesn't force anything. If a publisher wants to lower the price after a while or hold a sale, they can apparently do so whenever they feel like it.

EDIT: It's supposedly the same on 3DS and Wii U - at least in Europe.

Mpl90

That's actually the only eShop game I own. I made an exception since it has so good word-of-mouth.

Well, there are quite a few titles matching its quality imo.

Sure, locking content to hardware is everything but perfect in this day and age, but besides your console being stolen or burning in a fire there aren't too many scenarios in which one could lose the digital content.

Missing out on all those great eShop games just because Nintendo lives under a rock isn't an option for me.

Well, I'd probably prefer buying games with a <10&#8364; price point on eshop than 40&#8364; PP.

Pushmo is 6&#8364;.

Edit: You probably heard that playtime/fun of Pushmo matches a full prize retail game, which is correct information.

What? Its a decent game from what i gather

Konami is one of those publishers that doesn't allow other Western publishers to localize their software, and whatever chance (if any) BtL had of localization was probably contingent on its Japanese sales. It bombed there, so...

Again: It's up to the publisher. Nintendo doesn't force anything. If a publisher wants to lower the price after a while or hold a sale, they can apparently do so whenever they feel like it.

EDIT: It's supposedly the same on 3DS and Wii U - at least in Europe.

It's the case for 3DS too. beril confirmed it at least for Europe some weeks ago, and there's another sort of confirmation about it:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._a_pal_reduction_in_stand_against_price_hikes

Well, when I bought beril's game I should have know that Nintendo wouldn't have allowed that price.

But I still have my doubts on sales....

Hellraider

Yeah, well, the alternative is no game at all.Pick one.

Also we have no idea how the e-shop and its prices are going to evolve in the near future.We are still on the first couple of retail titles getting a digital version on the nintendo consoles.Who knows, they might all have their prices cut in half in 6 months.

Yeah, well, the alternative is no game at all.Pick one.

Also we have no idea how the e-shop and its prices are going to evolve in the near future.We are still on the first couple of retail titles getting a digital version on the nintendo consoles.Who knows, they might all have their prices cut in half in 6 months.

Nintendo is really setting a bad precedent with 1 year old games at the same 45€ it was launched.....

Top Bottom