• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Liverpool 'Heist-style' game for PS4 concept art emerges

Source: Allgamesbeta

GZGTWXw.jpg

pIECa6o.jpg

aYDUjW2.jpg

Striek

Art is cool, but I'm not seeing the SC resemblance apart from the vaguest similarity in main character/clothing.

Wait... why does the title says "Splinter Cell style" when the image says "Heist game" and the title says "The Getaway".

This is Getaway, announced way in the beginning on console release. I think it's cancelled.

Cake Boss

Banned
I will take anything Liverpool will make.

I hope this is a success and theu get some funding from it for a wipeout PS4 game.

A playstation console without Wipeout is no playstation console.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Don't think the world needed another Uncharted, much less an internally developed Sony one.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
'Splinter Cell style' and the first image shows a car chase with dudes shooting guns out the back of a car.

LOL.

Like already posted it looks more like The Getaway to me.

Sorry for the misleading title, I just copypasted from the Allgamesbeta news (now removed).

I investigated a bit more, the game has been cancelled unfortunately:

http://www.onlysp.com/2013/02/01/cancelled-sony-liverpool-heist-ip-concept-art-emerges/

There’s some interesting concept art from the cancelled “Splinter Cell-style” game from Sony Liverpool rearing its head today. As Eurogamer reported, Sony Liverpool was reported to have been working on two games that were cancelled in August last year, consisting of a WipEout game, and something that was originally a “gangster style experience before it evolved into something akin to Splinter Cell”.

The images are from CGHub artist Darren_Douglas and, according to reliable source superannuation, were a part of the cancelled Sony Liverpool IP.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
860_max.jpg

Lots of "Wipeout New York" concepts. Fuck you Sony.

Oh no. Oh god no. Thats the Wipeout/Rollcage futuristic cars game they teased. They were going to make it. NO. NOOOOOOOARRRRRRRRRGGGGH.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
HOLY SHIT! This looks like the Wipeout 2025 Hybrid! OH MY GOD SONY!!! Why did you fucking kill them?!

F1 license killed them.

They focused on making F1 games and abandoned their other games and Psygnosis fans, PS2 got nothing from them they turned into F1 studio and when Sony lost F1 license, Liverpool got nothing,even Wipeout didn't grow during PS2 era because of F1.

Top Bottom