• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Getting PS3 Exclusive VR Mission DLC

V_Ben

Banned
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/04/metal-gear-rising-gets-exclusive-vr-missions-on-ps3/

figured people would want to know.

But what I’m excited to unveil today should be an old favorite for any Metal Gear fan, PlayStation-exclusive DLC VR Missions! Adding 30 all-new missions to the game, featuring that classic VR/Virtual Reality look inspired by the original Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, the pack is pure, uncut gameplay that pushes Raiden’s Cyborg body to its limits.

8444449697_001af9ed3a_z.jpg

8445538692_ff37b4c9ef_z.jpg

goldenpp72

And just like that my pre order is canceled (and not changed either)

Nice move to do so close to the games launch.

SeriousApes

For some reason, the VR missions look more appealing to me than the actual game. Maybe it's the simple-looking, yet vibrant style. I hope there's a boss rush mode or something.

Reminds me: I need to preorder this so I can get that Gray Fox skin.

QS2qXCO.gif

Fuck exclusive DLC. Seriously. Whether it is console, retailer, preorder, region, I don't care. Fuck it.

I want to love this gen but :(

Question is, is it free? Maybe it's included on the Blu-ray but the 360 will have it as DLC later on, like a timed exclusive.

Not bothered since I'm getting the PS3 version, but it would be unfair for 360 owners to miss out, even if it had to be paid DLC for them.

For what it's worth, it looks like the entire VR Mission mode is exclusive to PS3 (in case anyone thought it was just extra missions).

Also, in some of them you can play as the Dwarf Gekko.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Xbox gets exclusive content - Fuck yeah that's why I pay for Live.

PS gets exclusive content - Fuck you Dev and Sony this is wrong.

Nemesis_

This seems so inconsequential to me that I can't even get angry.

I'm used to the 360 control for my action games so yeah, can't really be swayed.

ezekial45

Banned
you should've included this, OP

But what I’m excited to unveil today should be an old favorite for any Metal Gear fan, PlayStation-exclusive DLC VR Missions! Adding 30 all-new missions to the game, featuring that classic VR/Virtual Reality look inspired by the original Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, the pack is pure, uncut gameplay that pushes Raiden’s Cyborg body to its limits.

2San

Xbox gets exclusive content - Fuck yeah that's why I pay for Live.

PS gets exclusive content - Fuck you Dev and Sony this is wrong.
Is that your opinion? It surely isn't GAF's consensus. You might have bad case of fanboyism.

Top Bottom