• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends | Come join Gummb Luther King Jr.'s Social Movement | Info Inside

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
said:
Rayman-Legends-Wii-U-Exclusive.jpg
This thread is for those who are angry by Ubisoft's recent decision to delay Rayman Legends to September under the sole reasoning to launch it concurrently with Xbox 360 and PS3 versions (meaning the game is finished). This is for those who want to tell Ubisoft what they think. I've simply compiled the information here. For those who don't agree that people should voice their opinion, or feel the need to silence others for whatever reason, I ask you to simply leave the thread.

Contact Info For Those Interested: said:
United States PR Email:
Michael Beadle
PR Associate Director
michael.beadle@ubisoft.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------
WorldWide HQ PR Email:
Ubisoft Worldwide HQ:
Michael Burk
Corporate Communications Manager
michael.burk@ubisoft.com
Find your local contact here: https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-us/press/press_contact.aspx
The Petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/ubi...nal-rayman-legends-release-date-for-the-wii-u
Twitter: #FreeRayman
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ubisoft
MiiVerse: UPlay Community
said:

For those who are uninformed, please visit the following topics:

1. Rayman Legends coming to Xbox 360/PS3, all versions releasing in September.

2. the Rayman Legends devs aren't happy with the delay. WiiU version done?

3. Ubisoft promise a Wii U exclusive Rayman Legends demo.

I'd just pester them to release it earlier, like in 2 months, I knew it wasn't gonna stay exclusive

Timed exclusive made more sense.

I just want to play it, smh ubisoft

Jesus. Just get over it already.

A lot of games get delayed all the time, and people don´t feel "wronged". Obviously this is a special situation, right?

Wronged? Really?

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Felt wronged...? Really?

edited. Thank you!

Again, this is for those who want to tell Ubisoft what they think. I've simply compiled the information here. For those who don't agree that people should voice their opinion, or feel the need to silence others for whatever reason, I ask you to simply leave the thread.

People scoff but this is the only way to let corporations know what's up, ineffective as it usually tends to be.

I don't feel particularly strongly about the issue, but do know Ubi turned this from a Day 1 $60 purchase in February into a post-holiday bargain bin pick up for a lot of consumers, which doesn't seem like a great move.

I don't see them coming out and saying ,,sorry, we gonna release it in february after all''. I've enjoyed the Miiverse posts, but now I'll just wait for the game to hit 20€ at the end of the year and then still enjoy it.

Before you start saying "fanboyism", it is about delaying a (almost?) finished game that was suppose to be in the Wii U launch window, and many got it for that game...

It is not compalining about going multiplat.

I'm really just joking.

It really does suck the way they did it...it would be "understandable" if something fucked up and they needed more time but nope.

olimpia84

Why do some people believe fans are sour over this game being ported when in reality is all about the finished game being delayed?

SmokeMaxX

I heard that the WiiU version is going to be completely different from the 360/PS3 version.
WiiU version gets an exclusive Petz mode and will be renamed-
Imagine: Rayman On Another Console

BY2K

Membero Americo
Are you really going to make it a new Bayonetta 2 situation?

Heck, even then people didn't take it this far... they stopped at the death twitters.

Before you start saying "fanboyism", it is about delaying a (almost?) finished game that was suppose to be in the Wii U launch window, and many got it for that game...

It is not complaining about going multiplat.

Email Nintendo about their artificial Pikmin delay.

jay

People should also be emailing Nintendo. This delay wouldn't hurt that much if there were a significant number of other games coming out. Nintendo has more control over that than Ubisoft does.

Edit: I see Dave posted right before I did. In contrast to his typical calling out the Nintendo hypocrites schtick, my post is genuine and not a one liner designed to school the fanboys or whatever it is he thinks he is doing.

Nestunt

I am happy because I do not have a Wii U and do not intend to buy one and I really liked Origins

but what they did was playing around with the true fans of the series

I'd love to know how many outraged WiiU owners talked shit about Rayman Origin's "shitty platforming" or "sense of movement", compared to their beloved Mario.

L4D2 boycott all over again.

Ardenyal

They are doing the simultaneous launch so they can maximize marketing effect. Delays happen and it's not even a long one.

jonno394

I'm not angry with Ubisoft, but they've lost my custom as the only reason I was going to buy RL was the fact it was during the slow months with no games. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are in the same mindset as me, it was never a "must MUST have" but it was gonna scratch that itch caused by a lack of new games early 2013.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Thanks for this. Collectively and with relentless actions on Ubisoft channels, we have a chance to make them reconsider.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Not the same situation tho

Exactly.

The game is still coming to the Wii U. It's not like Ubisoft cancelled that version. (At least I hope they don't, or we'll have another NBA Jam on our hands.)

In fact, you should be happy Ubisoft didn't cancel the Wii U version outright. Yes it's a seven month delay for nothing, but it could be A LOT WORSE.

(Like the fact that the game is being sent to die...)

Sendou

I'd love to know how many outraged WiiU owners talked shit about Rayman Origin's "shitty platforming" or "sense of movement", compared to their beloved Mario.

To be fair Rayman Origins is a pretty shitty platformer compared to most Mario games and I'm not even an outraged Wii U owner.

2San

It is not complaining about going multiplat.
Games get delayed all the time for various reasons. Gears of War 3 was also essentially complete, but got pushed back so MS could have a holiday title.

Revven

lol

they tuk our gaemz

A game that's 100% completed for one platform, likely perfectly fine to release for the original date. Game devs crunched time on in the last month and half, only to be told suddenly "oop, it's delayed now cuz we want it on the other two platforms".

It's not about "wahh they're porting it to the other platforms, i want it nao" it's about "the fucking game is done, release it".

I support the idea behind this thread at least.

Top Bottom