• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends has 30 new levels + several new bosses after delay

Agreed. I'm just not going to support a company that would make such a crap decision. I was really looking forward to this game but Ubisoft isn't getting any more of my money.

Maybe I'll buy it used...and then resell it to screw them out of another sale.

considering all of ubi's decisions bar this one they deserve a lot of support, i was angry too but i've moved on

wouwie

Demo will be available for PS360+Wii U with the Wii U demo getting an exclusive level, called Murfy's Dungeon (so...touchscreen level?).

Wait... Rayman legends ps3 demo this month? When reading the quoted article, i had the impression that the demo would be only for Wii U in April.

Anyhow, day one without any hesitation and with media blackout until then (not sure if i will be able to resist the demo though). It's going to be a long wait but September will be awesome for platform games.

NotLiquid

Ancel is the man... Too bad Ubisoft constantly shits on him.

Spend seven months adding content to a finished game belonging to the franchise he created and is responsible for reinvigorating, or continue working on that one Beyond Good & Evil sequel that's been in development for an entire console generation?

Poor Ancel just can't have his cake and eat it.

considering all of ubi's decisions bar this one they deserve a lot of support, i was angry too but i've moved on

It's not really a question of "moving on" so much as "not forgetting."

I'm not still PISSED like I was when it was announced (which was made worse by that douche IGN writer hyping up "interesting" Wii U info that ended up being the delay announcement) but I'm also not going to support the company that made such a crap decision.

It's interesting. Many gamers FLIP OUT at the current state of the industry and want to see change but when they're faced with an issue like this, there are a lot of people who'd rather make fun of people for caring than to actually do something or speak up.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There were 66 levels in Origins, just to get an idea. And not tiny little trial-and-error shit like Super Meat Boy, either. It was a pretty meaty platformer.

Yes, no one would ever accuse Origins of having trial-and-error components.

5nxQPjIl.jpg

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
It's not really a question of "moving on" so much as "not forgetting."

I'm not still PISSED like I was when it was announced (which was made worse by that douche IGN writer hyping up "interesting" Wii U info that ended up being the delay announcement) but I'm also not going to support the company that made such a crap decision.

It's interesting. Many gamers FLIP OUT at the current state of the industry and want to see change but when they're faced with an issue like this, there are a lot of people who'd rather make fun of people for caring than to actually do something or speak up.

People complain about the industry with DLC and pay to win crazyness and a focus on the same genres (FPS, Uncharted) over and over again.

So punishing Ubisoft for developing a retail sold 2D HD platformer (pretttttttty rare) because Nintendo can't sell their new console for shit and Ubisoft is in the "making money" business and had to dodge a bargain bin bullet last minute when THOSE sales figures were coming in is just presumably projecting console fanboyism onto the proceedings. Or you only own a WiiU and that February was a real darn stinker for boredom, I guess then its okay to feel so vengeful!

People complain about the industry with DLC and pay to win crazyness and a focus on the same genres (FPS, Uncharted) over and over again.

So punishing Ubisoft for developing a retail sold 2D HD platformer because Nintendo can't sell their new console for shit and Ubisoft is in the "making money" business and had to dodge a bargain bin bullet is just being projecting console fanboyism onto the proceedings. Or you only own a WiiU and that February was a real darn stinker for boredom, I guess then its okay!

Ahhhhh, the smug tone of that reply. It's really endearing. Ubisoft knew well before they announced the delay that the Wii U hadn't sold what anyone had hoped but they still waited until less than three weeks before launch to decide to let anyone in on the secret.

I'm also not sure why having this game out on the Wii U in Feb would have been such a detriment. It would have been very high-profile for the system for quite awhile and having a Wii U version out does nothing to impede them from releasing the ports later. If anything, the word of mouth would have probably helped them. Let's remember, Rayman Origins didn't fly off of store shelves.

P.S. I'm not sure what "being projecting fanboyism" means, but it sounds painful.

AniHawk

sounds great. i will probably pick it up for the ps3, i guess. hopefully after this, work can continue on beyond good & evil 2: half-life's edge of arcadia

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'm also not sure why having this game out on the Wii U in Feb would have been such a detriment.

Not sure how long you've been browsing GAF, or WiiU threads, but theres a prevailing sentiment towards WiiU games such as Mass Effect 3, NFS: Most Wanted, Batman: Arkham City AE, and so on, and its "not paying full price for late games from other consoles". Releasing in February and for the rest of the year while the WiiU rolls about on its back trying to get up, the game would head into bargain bins and desperation bundles and all the sorts of places you don't want your game to end up.

By September, when the "necessary to make devmoney back" PS3/360 editions released at a standard retail price or close to it, Videogame Purchaser will enter a store and balk at paying full price for a game shining a bright £5-£10 bargain bin price inside the WiiU bucket at the back of the store while the "new edition" is trying to rake in £30. Especially with "cut features" such as the touchscreen gimmicky rubbish.

You know why theyve done this, in their same position you'd most likely have done the same when its a business youre running to make money and not Fantasy Console War messageboard hopes and dreams. Just clearly for whatever reason its really cut to the core of you.

If you were excited for the game, and a new HD 2D platformer, you'd still be excited for it come late Summer. I know I still am. If you were never really that bothered by it but its special exclusivity badge, well, its always best to never take that stuff to heart!

Elixist

super meat boy not meaty enough? ive heard it all :p . really looking forward to this, rayman origins was a sheer joy across the board.

Not sure how long you've been browsing GAF, or WiiU threads, but theres a prevailing sentiment towards WiiU games such as Mass Effect 3, NFS: Most Wanted, Batman: Arkham City AE, and so on, and its "not paying full price for late games from other consoles". Releasing in February and for the rest of the year while the WiiU rolls about on its back trying to get up, the game would head into bargain bins and desperation bundles and all the sorts of places you don't want your game to end up.

By September, when the "necessary to make devmoney back" PS3/360 editions released at a standard retail price or close to it, Videogame Purchaser will enter a store and balk at paying full price for a game shining a bright £5-£10 bargain bin price inside the WiiU bucket at the back of the store while the "new edition" is trying to rake in £30. Especially with "cut features" such as the touchscreen gimmicky rubbish.

You know why theyve done this, in their same position you'd most likely have done the same when its a business youre running to make money and not Fantasy Console War messageboard hopes and dreams. Just clearly for whatever reason its really cut to the core of you.

If you were excited for the game, and a new HD 2D platformer, you'd still be excited for it come late Summer. I know I still am. If you were never really that bothered by it but its special exclusivity badge, well, its always best to never take that stuff to heart!

More smug shite, still very endearing. I especially like the parts where you try to make me seem stupid for caring. No one has *ever* thought to do such a thing on the internet, so I applaud your trailblazing efforts.

With regard to the discussion at hand, perhaps I might have made a similar business decision but I wouldn't be shocked when consumers who had planned to purchase the product became upset. That's the thing: consumers don't have to be happy with a decision just because it made business sense in a boardroom somewhere. You'd be served well by learning that.

And on that note, I'm done with you, muffin. I've wasted enough time explaining myself to you and you're obviously perfectly happy just being obtuse. Good day, dear.

Clov

As annoyed as I was (and still am) with the delay, I'm glad they're improving the game instead of sitting on it like I thought they would. I'll be picking up the Wii U version day one.

jaz013

Banned
I don't know why, but I smell day 1 DLC that got shot down by Nintendo... An the retaliation was not unexpected.

oh this still gets a no sale from me

I will not be begging for games in September like I was back in February

that Rayman money has gone elsewhere

tkscz

It was justified. The Wii U version was done.

Poor Wii U. I was set on that version. But, given the choice. No way I get the Wii U version over PC/PS3.

Please point to me where it says they are 360/PS3 levels only.

BraXzy

So the protesting was for what?

The protesting was the the months the devs spent crunching, spending a lot of time away from family etc to get the game ready for the February release on Wii U only for Ubisoft to delay it and screw the devs over.

Thankfully, since they seem like awesome devs.. Not only are they spending the extra time porting it, they are also making the game even bigger.

MrBS

Rayman Legends? Oh wow. I'd forgotten this game existed. Quite the achievement Ubisoft considering this was my most antcipated Q1 release.

Double the length, add more characters, day one oculus rift support, weekly DLC updates for the next five years. I don't care. I wanted this game in February. You know. When it was finished.

Rayman Legends? Oh wow. I'd forgotten this game existed. Quite the achievement Ubisoft considering this was my most antcipated Q1 release.

Double the length, add more characters, day one oculus rift support, weekly DLC updates for the next five years. I don't care. I wanted this game in February. You know. When it was finished.

awfully sour!

The game could have never came out, or not had 30 levels added to it. I think people should be pretty happy with this. People will whine about anything.

KNT-Zero

I'll get it on PC as well when I get the chance to... and I still have to get Origins!

Steam doesn't have the balls to make a 75% discount on it yet :/

Burai

shitonmychest57
Agreed. I'm just not going to support a company that would make such a crap decision. I was really looking forward to this game but Ubisoft isn't getting any more of my money.

Maybe I'll buy it used...and then resell it to screw them out of another sale.

I presume you'll be boycotting Nintendo games from now on too seeing as they just delayed the release of a finished game for the same reason:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536031

Jesus, some of you guys wouldn't be able to cope with living in Australia.

We've been dealing with movies, TV shows and games being released late basically forever!

Top Bottom