• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Devilish Brain Training delayed in Europe until September

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Lock if old.

Devilish Brain Training now listed as "TBC" on Nintendo's site

Dr Kawashima’s Devilish Brain Training — known as Brain Age: Concentration Training in North America — was supposed to launch in Europe on April 12th. We've heard very little about the game in the past few weeks, and the official page for the title now has its release date listed as "TBC".

In addition to that, UK high street retailer GAME is stating a September launch for the game.

Really annoying if true. I hate finished games being arbitrarily delayed for no reason.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...rescription_delayed_until_september_in_europe

UPDATE:

Nintendo has made the decision to push back the launch date of Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused? for Nintendo 3DS to optimise the best possible launch timing of this title within the European market. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we hope to announce a new launch date soon.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._dr_kawashimars_devilish_brain_training_delay

Tizoc

Any chance they could change the name of the game to the US one and change the cover for the game during this time?

Hmm, it makes sense to me, they're holding off releasing it until sales pick up after summer slowdown, as it may bomb before then.

I suppose they're going to market this for mass market and it should sell the most in November-December, launching it before than may harm its sales potential.

Takao

Banned
This game cratered in North America, and didn't do nearly as well as the previous games in Japan. NoE could be going eShop only with this.

This game cratered in North America, and didn't do nearly as well as the previous games in Japan. NoE could be going eShop only with this.

Did it, really? Man, I still need to buy it!
Is it as fun as the old ones?
I heard it was crazy-hard.

Right now, I'm still playing Big Brain Academy.
It's really entertaining.

Like Nintendogs, the appeal is long gone. Especially research stating the only thing Brain Training does is make you better at Brain Training...which oddly enough seems to be the opposite point of Brain Training being launched...(disclaimer: I've not read into this perfectly and the media likes to cherry pick headlines...)

But as far as sales went, Europe was generally a stronger market for the game (I personally think the name is what does it, I mean Brain Age sounds like a GAF thread...)

Anyhow...NOE have a simple target strategy. One game per month per system. Release nothing in July or August so let's see:
March - MH Tri Ultimate, Luigi ("Mario" title so worldwide launch, might have lead to MH shortage though)
April-Fire Emblem
May-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
June-Animal Crossing

So yeah February would have been the time (what did I forget) as none of the above should be moved back (especially given April-June is basically catch up).

Now sadly, the thing that upsets me the most about the delay. Having to wait until September for the streetpass puzzle. It would have been nice to end April by being on par with America rather than 1 down (still no FE puzzle here).

Scanna

Like Nintendogs, the appeal is long gone. Especially research stating the only thing Brain Training does is make you better at Brain Training...which oddly enough seems to be the opposite point of Brain Training being launched...(disclaimer: I've not read into this perfectly and the media likes to cherry pick headlines...)

But as far as sales went, Europe was generally a stronger market for the game (I personally think the name is what does it, I mean Brain Age sounds like a GAF thread...)

Anyhow...NOE have a simple target strategy. One game per month per system. Release nothing in July or August so let's see:
March - MH Tri Ultimate, Luigi ("Mario" title so worldwide launch, might have lead to MH shortage though)
April-Fire Emblem
May-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
June-Animal Crossing

So yeah February would have been the time (what did I forget) as none of the above should be moved back (especially given April-June is basically catch up).

Now sadly, the thing that upsets me the most about the delay. Having to wait until September for the streetpass puzzle. It would have been nice to end April by being on par with America rather than 1 down (still no FE puzzle here).
there's even donkey kong in may

tsab

Damn, it was 16GBP preorder. I was hoping getting it at 15GBP

Let's hope they make up by including Iwata's head as unlockable

Mario007

Hmm, it makes sense to me, they're holding off releasing it until sales pick up after summer slowdown, as it may bomb before then.

I suppose they're going to market this for mass market and it should sell the most in November-December, launching it before than may harm its sales potential.
Well judging by the sales in NA and Japan it's gonna bomb regardless.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Probably trying to wait until Animal Crossing releases and gathers a couple of non-gamers ? Project should been designed as a 15€ eShop title, which they already started doing on DSi aka DSiWare.

Well judging by the sales in NA and Japan it's gonna bomb regardless.

Define "bomb" ? I dont see how the Japan sales can be qualified as bomb in this day and age. It probably made them more profit than some of those so-called block buster. If the RoI there i dont see how it is a bomb. Especially when the market already went down in the DS lifetime.

Mario007

Probably trying to wait until Animal Crossing releases and gathers a couple of non-gamers ? Project should been designed as a 15€ eShop title, which they already started doing on DSi aka DSiWare.

Define "bomb" ? I dont see how the Japan sales can be qualified as bomb in this day and age. It probably made them more profit than some of those so-called block buster. If the RoI there i dont see how it is a bomb. Especially when the market already went down in the DS lifetime.
Bomb compared to the previous title in the series.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No but I doubt they were expecting a cultural phenomenom to virtual irrelevance decline.

This would only be the case if they ignored all games of that kind which already bombed on the DS 25 million userbase from 2010 on. Game sold around 250k in a post iOS/Android environment - this is hardly a bomba for anyone with realistic expectations.

Brain Training has seen the most precipitous decline of any franchise in the modern age. It's hardly surprising that NoE would try a different tack with the title.

Hobohodo

GAME have listed a September launch for ages with the in store documents just saying TBC. Both were likely placeholders that just never got updated if Nintendo just hadn't been talking about it.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Well, the delay has been confirmed. Nintendo will announce a new release date soon. Sigh.

Nintendo has made the decision to push back the launch date of Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused? for Nintendo 3DS to optimise the best possible launch timing of this title within the European market. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we hope to announce a new launch date soon.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._dr_kawashimars_devilish_brain_training_delay

Shiggy

So they apply this strategy to all of their non-core titles? Wii Fit U is still not out and has no date either.

Top Bottom