• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends has 30 new levels + several new bosses after delay

Burai

shitonmychest57
Is Nintendo delaying the game for the sake of porting it to the 360 and PS3?

Those versions were always coming. They delayed the Wii U version so they could launch all three SKUs at once to, as Nintendo says there, "optimise the best possible launch timing of this title"

People still whining about this? Get over it, if you bought a console selling abysmally its not 3rd parties place to placate you. Ubisoft did nothing wrong, and i look forward to the new levels

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Those versions were always coming. They delayed the Wii U version so they could launch all three SKUs at once to, as Nintendo says there, "optimise the best possible launch timing of this title"

How much crunch time went into finishing Kawashima in time for this European release? It's sad really, but not the same situation. After all it did get released on time in Japan.

Nemesis_

I think this is kind of a blessing in some way.

I mean, the Wii U version would've come out on February but we could almost guarantee Ubisoft would've released it with extra content several months later.

I guess at least we get the same game on all platforms on the same time now. >_>

#OPTIMISM

Servbot24

Banned
I will be boycotting this. No one makes me wait extra months to play my video games, and no one puts the games I wanted to myself on other platforms. I don't care if I put innocent, hard-working developers out of work - Ubisoft must hear my roaring voice! Even if they misinterpret it as me not wanting niche games anymore, at least I'll feel like I matter!

Sarcasm isn't ban-able, right? :|

Ikkarus

Do you reckon this be on the Vita? I really enjoyed Origins on the Vita so this would be great to play on the go too!

D.Lo

I'll 'delay' my purchase the same length of time.

Ubi, you'll be getting my $5-10 next February!

Blades64

Banned
Entering conspiracy mode! What if these were just extra levels that were planned for the PS360 versions regardless of the delay on the Wii U version? Hmmmm...

Will buy the game now. You're forgiven in my book Ubi.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Agreed. I'm just not going to support a company that would make such a crap decision. I was really looking forward to this game but Ubisoft isn't getting any more of my money.

Maybe I'll buy it used...and then resell it to screw them out of another sale.

Let's ignore good games!

Quit being a diva and support good games.

And to the one who said this will "ruin" the WiiU version, get a grip.

I don't care what happened and how much it sucks to see this delayed, we get more content in the end.

Spierek

Still going to buy the game, but this is great news. Ancel and his team never fail to deliver (when Ubi actually allow them to finish a game).

Calamari41

41 > 38
All this is telling me is that we could have had Legends a month ago, and Legends 2 a year from now. Instead we'll be getting Legends 1.5 in six months.

There's a lot of "Ubisoft has a right to your money, how dare you deny it to them" in this thread. Sorry boys, I'm delaying my purchase "so as to optimize the best possible purchase timing" for my wallet. There are too many other games that will be better than this one releasing in the Fall. I'll buy it when it goes on sale in the eShop next year.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be picking up Rayman Legends, on the Wii U, as I intended to do in last February.

It's shitty on Ubisoft to delay the game, but the development team doesn't deserve to be snubbed by people because of upper management's poor choices. If you were going to buy this game, I don't see a reason why you wouldn't want to now considering it still looks fantastic and has additional content.

DarkPanda

They had to add more levels that aren't controlled with the Wii U Pad. Watch them be exclusive to the PS360 version and DLC on Wii U. JUST BECAUSE.

It's probably this. Whether or not they're included in the WiiU version remains to be seen, as well as what's happening to the Murphy levels. I hope they remain as-is, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were reworked or cut altogether to keep the versions identical.

jmood88

Agreed. I'm just not going to support a company that would make such a crap decision. I was really looking forward to this game but Ubisoft isn't getting any more of my money.

Maybe I'll buy it used...and then resell it to screw them out of another sale.
The only people you and other Nintendo fans who say stuff like this screw over are yourselves. The system already has the perception of not being open to non-Nintendo games, which is why it got delayed in the first place, so what do you think you accomplish if your boycott is successful in getting noticed?

Thats a huge amount of content. Unless the game was very short to begin with it must be much longer than origins. I'm glad for the delay.

jmood88

It's not really a question of "moving on" so much as "not forgetting."

I'm not still PISSED like I was when it was announced (which was made worse by that douche IGN writer hyping up "interesting" Wii U info that ended up being the delay announcement) but I'm also not going to support the company that made such a crap decision.

It's interesting. Many gamers FLIP OUT at the current state of the industry and want to see change but when they're faced with an issue like this, there are a lot of people who'd rather make fun of people for caring than to actually do something or speak up.

There are problems in the industry worth complaining about and taking a stand over; a game you wanted getting delayed due to poor sales projections is not one of them. All you're doing is making Ubisoft's lack of belief in Nintendo console owners look justified.

I presume you'll be boycotting Nintendo games from now on too seeing as they just delayed the release of a finished game for the same reason:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536031

I think people would have to care about Brain Training first..

The fact that so much extra content has been added to the game and that Ubi are pretty much the Wii U's third party saviour now, will hopefully translate to bitter Wii U owners realising that they should be supporting Ubi's Wii U output rather than boycotting it to their detriment.

Hung_real

so (almost) everyone wins ?

now that the delay is somewhat justify, will the Wii U people still protest (by not buying) it ?

Top Bottom