• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tomb Raider Footage - Monastery Escape

KingKong

I think this is E3 footage?

Looks like some kind of action game parody - chest high wall cover shooting, a million cutscenes, 'action scenes', exploding barrels, easy linear platforming...

Penguin

Am I mistaken or did they say didn't want to send out a demo because didn't want to ruin the experience.. but have no problem with a 12 minute gameplay video?

szaromir

Banned
Midway through the video "Lara can't do shit because of her wounds". 5 minutes later: "celebrating her ability to make use of her athleticism".

I will buy this for $20...

...if the death animations are as awesome as 4:22.

Most of the gameplay in that video just didn't look all that appealing, otherwise.

JoeFenix

I love the part where the dev goes "As you can see Lara isn't about the biggest firepower" right after going full frontal shotgun murder spree on 3 dudes.

This game looks MEGA questionable! It just seems like a bad direction overall, she certainly doesn't feel like someone inexperienced.

This really feels like the creators of the game were masochistic, not because the character is female.. but the things she goes through is so over the top.

If the game wasn't simply a scripted trudge from point A to point B, with all the sustained injuries deliberately planned, I'm sure I wouldn't have the same effect from watching this.

Lara herself looks and sounds great though, I just wish she was in a nicer game!

mr. puppy

Banned
i liked when drake fell into the airplane and we hadn't seen that before 20 times in the uncharted series where he may or may not fall out but instead of climbing out this time he actually fell and has boobs

I think this is E3 footage?

Looks like some kind of action game parody - chest high wall cover shooting, a million cutscenes, 'action scenes', exploding barrels, easy linear platforming...

It's not a parody if you're doing it too without a punchline or a sense of irony lol.

OT: man the game is heavily scripted mess, I never thought I'd say it but I miss the old games already and I am not even a fan :(

So you're supposed to sympathize with (and feel sorry for) someone who goes around burning people alive, shooting them with shotguns to the head. If anything I want to protect the other people, they're also trying to survive up there (at least it was the impression from the hour long preview I saw).

Antagon

Ah, another game with regenerating health where you suddenly get injured in cutscenes. This is one of the stupidest things about all these scripted 'experiences'.

ShowDog

Looks like a well animated action game with the Tomb Raider name slapped on. Should be worth a rental, but games like this have no replay value beyond the initial play through and asking $60 for a glorified movie experience is laughable.

That's probably why there is multiplayer. Isn't there multiplayer?

Same complain since first gameplay. way to uncharted' and my god, lara, stop moaning for 2 sec please...

The situations are more absurd that Remember Me so far...

Looks like a well animated action game with the Tomb Raider name slapped on. Should be worth a rental, but games like this have no replay value beyond the initial play through and asking $60 for a glorified movie experience is laughable.

That's probably why there is multiplayer. Isn't there multiplayer?

There is mutliplayer, and it also looks like it has very little to do with the name "Tomb Raider."

Mogwai

Looks like it's gonna be a really good game!

Edit: Why is Lara trying to get free from the pole that's just blasted through her skull? NOT REALISTIC!

Top Bottom