• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack Tretton: Playable PS4 demos on E3 / consumer hands ons during the year

nib95

Banned
Was posted in a thread earlier. Fantastic interview. Sony's really doing everything right so far, just hope they get the price and launch games right too.

Kyoufu

Already posted but still very exciting. Looking forward to impressions on the launch titles.

Especially DriveClub. I really hope that makes launch.

- Xbox Infity reveal end of April
- E3: Nintendo 1st party will drop some bombs
- E3: new PS4 games/features
- E3: new Xbox games/features

How will we survive all of this goodness?

nib95

Banned

My question is, how will NeoGAF survive the goodness? If "64 Xeon cores, 124 GB RAM and worldwide distributed CDN" weren't enough to handle the PS4 reveal, E3 will MURDER the servers.

sakipon

I'm liking the sound of this. It will be one awesome summer.

Hopefully... they're showing it running next to the new one to show you the graphical difference?

Also this is awesome. Great Interview. Ive been a PC gamer with consoles as a way to play the exclusives, but I think im day 1 with a ps4
Agreed. Hopefully we see Killzone 3 and Uncharted 2 as well

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Awesome, can't wait. I like Jack Tretton. He's obviously careful about what he says, and a lot of his answers have been crafted, but he knows how to come across as a genuine person.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
My question is, how will NeoGAF survive the goodness? If "64 Xeon cores, 124 GB RAM and worldwide distributed CDN" weren't enough to handle the PS4 reveal, E3 will MURDER the servers.

We gon be live biach! Pizza boxes all over the place, f5's galore.

waypoetic

Banned
I doubt we'll (scandinavians) get our hands on it before launch. There were no PS3 demo stations before the launch of the PS3, so i guess that'll be the case this time too.

This summer is going to be wild. Nintendo and Sony are already guaranteed to have fantastic E3 showings. Here's hoping that MS shows off something cool in the next couple of months.

Kyoufu

This summer is going to be wild. Nintendo and Sony are already guaranteed to have fantastic E3 showings. Here's hoping that MS shows off something cool in the next couple of months.

Nintendo are not guaranteed anything right now in the western market. They will need to drop some major bombs at E3 or it won't be good for them.

My guess: Smash Bros as their big unveil.

x-Lundz-x

I would certainly hope if they plan on releasing in the fall they would have playable demos at E3 but that is good to hear.

dosh

E3 will murder the internet.
And then we'll end up playing with sticks and stones (and in this instance, social gaming means "write something on a stone with charcoal and hurl it at someone's face").

E3 will murder the internet.
And then we'll end up playing with sticks and stones (and in this instance, social gaming means "write something on a stone with charcoal and hurl it at someone's face").

at least we know for sure that not all of the consoles will require the internet :p

Nintendo are not guaranteed anything right now in the western market. They will need to drop some major bombs at E3 or it won't be good for them.

considering they've already said it's going to be there, they better bring more than that

DieH@rd

Banned
Press will get their hands on on E3, public will gain access on Gamescom.

Goddamn, this year gamescom is gonna be legendary. They've already closed the gates few times in the last two years, too much visitors created fire hazard.

gamescom_09_065_005.jpg

The Lamp

It's going to be there so whatever it is that will be their big unveil.

I'd guess that Retro's title will be Nintendo's big E3 unveil. It's got to be ready to be shown in some form.

i-Lo

E3 2013 will be order of magnitude more feverous imo. The ushering in of two new consoles, plus the Wii U's big chance at trying to make some noise to end it's sales woes.

My worry is, if EvilLore does not take the proactive measure to ensure that the site doesn't crash, it will be even worse than what happened on Feb 20th.

Top Bottom