• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D&D: Shadow Over Mystara & Tower Of Doom Announced! (PSN/XBLA) [And Steam???]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seik

Banned
Source: Silliconera

Capcom has a big surprise at PAX East. They’re porting arcade classics Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara and Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Both titles will be released as digital downloads via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade.

dungonsdrr7t.png

Welp, I just bought the collection on Saturn and BOOM! Still, I'm willing to double dip simply for the 4 players option and because it'll be in english, it's worth it.

Hype, GAF! Those are two very good beat-em-ups!

Discuss! :D

JoeFenix

This is unexpected, I really hope the ports are good and that there's online play.

I've only played Mystara but it was fucking awesome, great news!

MightyKAC

Wow, I always figured this would be too much of a licensing nightmare for Capcom to bring to digital download.

Glad I was wrong about that one.

Slygmous

Hype!
Another release previously only available on the Saturn, my Xbox is getting close to replacing it entirely.

Hero

So are these the two game announcements for PAX East? Kind of sucks someone spoiled it but great news. Loved these games in the arcade.

Sintoid

Ok another ROM sold for 12 dollars with shitty upscaling filter, crappy online play and online DRM
Capcom knows how to make moneys

Eusis

Ok another ROM sold for 12 dollars with shitty upscaling filter, crappy online play and online DRM
I actually don't think they've done the online DRM post-Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. The games that used it were each released when there was the 5 system activation limit and before the PSN downtime. People hated it as it is, doing it when the problem's mostly neutered and after a display of just how you can't depend on the PSN always being up is simply idiotic.

Dambrosi

Banned
Holy mother of God, I never thought I'd see the day. Right, I'mma buy Darkstalkers Resurrection on PSN just to reward Capcom for this announcement right effing NOW.

Why this now, though? Maybe the Big C is trying to help out a certain former employee of theirs at VanillaWare? Aww, how kind. :p

And what does this mean for all Capcom's old licensed beat-'em-ups from the CPS1 days? Could we finally see Aliens Vs. Predator Arcade or The Punisher on home systems? or maybe even Cadillacs & Dinosaurs?! Oooooh, I'm sooooooo excited!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Just need a release date.
It's supposed to be officially announced during PAX East. So we're getting :

-new info regardig Dragon's Crown on the 21st
-info regarding those ports between the 22nd and the 24th

Me likes.

My couch co-op buddy and my girlfriend just don't know how much fun is coming their way :D

I really enjoyed the arcade versions, so I'll probably get this. They're pretty cool. I thought about getting the Saturn versions, but never did.

Anyway, these are the only Dungeons & Dragons things I ever got any enjoyment out of...well, besides that one episode of Community. Hah.

Sgblues

This is super great, I loved both these games in the arcades, always wanted to see a 3rd game but that's ok.

Now if only the Alien vs Predator arcade game would get ported.

duckroll

WHOA. Seriously? If the ports are even half decent, takemymoney.jpg etc. The Saturn version had a ton of loading even with the RAM cart, so I'm really not asking for much here!

Sophia

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brb fangirl squeeing

If these two games have online co-op there is a very good chance I might faint of happiness.

Skunkers

HOOOOOLLLLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

I was just posting in the latest Dragon's Crown thread how these are my favorite side-scrolling beat 'em ups of all time. Cannot fucking wait!

Varth

What if this is tied to Deep Down in some way? I mean, would it be reasonable to have the D&D license renewed for just one game? This could be the real reason for having a new IP instead of just going with Dragon's Dogma 2. Capcom may have reasoned about the licence making a fantasy game more appealing and recognisable in the west and for the PC crowd (also, no more "it's a generic fantasy setting").

Tizoc

The only capcom digital games that have online DRM are Final Fight+Magic Sword and Bionic Commando ReArmed.
All their recent digital releases for classics games such as fighters and their 80s arcade games can be played offline.

Sintoid

The only capcom digital games that have online DRM are Final Fight+Magic Sword and Bionic Commando ReArmed.
All their recent digital releases for classics games such as fighters and their 80s arcade games can be played offline.

Ok, no DRM

Another ROM sold at 12€ with shitty netcode? Does it sound better?
Not too much right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom