• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D&D: Shadow Over Mystara & Tower Of Doom Announced! (PSN/XBLA) [And Steam???]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
... WHA? And we find out... just like this? Wha, who how? No Source for Siliconera's article, just... bam, INFO.

YEAR OF THE SIDE-SCROLLIN' BEAT 'EM UP!! Phantom Breaker BattleGrounds, Sacred Citadel, Obscure, Dragon's Crown... now the 2 D&D Arcade Games! I fully accept this!

As far as it NOT being part of Capcom Arcade Cabinet... ok. Fine. If the ports are anything like the recent Darkstalkers Resurrection, then they'll benefit all the more from being seperate, full-quality packages. I look forward to all the gallery content, and potential bonuses to be included. Iron Galaxy or M2 quality emulation are both very solid. Scanlines look great on DSR to me, too.

So is this kinda a cross-promo for Dragon's Crown? Very Convenient timing.

"WELCOME TO THE D&D WORLD!"

IronLich

Does this mean Capcom will give a shit about their forgotten son, Battle Circuit?

Because I'd buy all the digital copies.

Yeah, I'd find a way to buy all of them.

M3d10n

I never thought I'd see this game get re-released. But again, there were other digital re-releases in this gen I also thought the same, like Konami's Simpsons and TMNT. Good to see the curse of the licensed game fading away.

This means AvP is possible.

12 Euros for an emulated arcade are way too much. We started with 10-15 arcade games collections sold for 30 dollars/euros now we're happy to play with a single game for 12-15 dollars? They're not reprogrammed, they're not new games, they're old (good) games emulated (sometimes very bad) and sold to a price usually an indie developer sells a brand new game.

A leaderboard and an online play is the minimum you can ask to a re released game and not for that price in my opinion

The only alternative to play these games legally in your home is to pay over $100. What's wrong with charging $10-$15? These are also licensed games which are often never re-released due to the licensing agreements.

Skilletor

12 Euros for an emulated arcade are way too much. We started with 10-15 arcade games collections sold for 30 dollars/euros now we're happy to play with a single game for 12-15 dollars? They're not reprogrammed, they're not new games, they're old (good) games emulated (sometimes very bad) and sold to a price usually an indie developer sells a brand new game.

A leaderboard and an online play is the minimum you can ask to a re released game and not for that price in my opinion

I'd pay 50 dollars for this game released on a disc with just local coop.

It's never been released in america and this is the only way for me to own a legit copy without going through the hoops of playing the saturn version (with shitty load times).

Good games are good.

Wonko_C

Ok another ROM sold for 12 dollars with shitty upscaling filter, crappy online play and online DRM
Capcom knows how to make moneys

Would you rather pay $150 for the Sega Saturn releases? How else would you legally play it?

It's supposed to be officially announced during PAX East. So we're getting :

-new info regardig Dragon's Crown on the 21st
-info regarding those ports between the 22nd and the 24th

Me likes.

My couch co-op buddy and my girlfriend just don't know how much fun is coming their way :D

Oh I'm seeing it now. Dragon's Crown renamed to: Dungeons & Dragons: Bearer of the Crown, now partially funded by Capcom. Sequel to ToD and SOM. (GAF hyperbole mode ON.)

1362117486399.gif

Day 1 for 360!!!

Lest dust off dat AE!!!

Really good news.

Dungeons...

And DRAGONS, Dragons, dragons...

Hell yeah!!!

Platy

Does this mean Capcom will give a shit about their forgotten son, Battle Circuit?

Because I'd buy all the digital copies.

Yeah, I'd find a way to buy all of them.

Not if I buy it all FIRST !!!!

...and I don't even have a ps3/360 =P

...bu who we are kidding ?
Capcom hates Battle Circuit ='(

.la1n

Wha...I can't...

APz9PiN.gif

I thought this day would never come. Now if Capcom would just bring me Knights of the Round I will die a happy gamer. Online Co-op too pleases.

edit: as mentioned above, battle circuit / captain commando as well please. still sore he was left out of MvC3.

robot

Dungeon & Dragons, Dragons, Dragons

Guess I can get these instead of shelling out $180 for the CPS2 version of SoM.

ezekial45

Banned
Wonderful, wonderful news. I'm really proud of Capcom for making it happen.

Now they just have to figure out how the get AVP out.

Baron

OH MY GOD this is awesome news. I sold my Saturn import of this over a decade ago and have missed it ever since. Love love love this, so looking forward to it AAAAAAAAGH!

I'm a little excited. This is the announcement of the year for me.

edit: any date for it yet?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Maaaaaan. I can already tell the next several years are gonna be super annoying for me, as games I want to play on the GamePad get announced for every system but the Wii U. Ah well, I'll pick this up on one of the other consoles because it's fucking incredible, but I do wish Nintendo hadn't stumbled so hard out the gate they couldn't even get ports of old arcade classics.

TreIII

I'd pay 50 dollars for this game released on a disc with just local coop.

It's never been released in america and this is the only way for me to own a legit copy without going through the hoops of playing the saturn version (with shitty load times).

Good games are good.

If this has good online, you know what must be done! 8D

sphinx

the piano man
I can't believe this is happening, we had D&D:ToD in my local arcade, and I remember I tried to master and finish it with one coin.

The only character with whom I managed to reach the end boss was the Dwarf but didn't kill it..game is hard as fuck. VERY hard.

this makes me wonder, is there a chance will ever get Willow on PSN/XBLA? another game presumably locked by licensing issues.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
OMFG. I cannot believe Capcom actually went ahead and paid for the licensing for these.

I wonder who's behind the port - Iron Galaxy or the team that did JoJo's? Either is fine with me, the emulation and netcode is doing great from both. But I do like Iron Galaxy's options like screen modes, scanlines, etc.

Regardless, day 1.

Skilletor

OMFG. I cannot believe Capcom actually went ahead and paid for the licensing for these.

I wonder who's behind the port - Iron Galaxy or the team that did JoJo's? Either is fine with me, the emulation and netcode is doing great from both. But I do like Iron Galaxy's options like screen modes, scanlines, etc.

Regardless, day 1.

I hope it's the Jojo's guys because Iron Galaxy is hard at work on the Alpha Collection. #dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom