• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D&D: Shadow Over Mystara & Tower Of Doom Announced! (PSN/XBLA) [And Steam???]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Ok another ROM sold for 12 dollars with shitty upscaling filter, crappy online play and online DRM
Capcom knows how to make moneys

This is still better than having to pay $200 for an obscure cartridge or disc for some retro console, not to mention people like me who never got a chance to play the game. Like many other cases it'll probably also be the first arcade-perfect home version.

Santar

Wish this would come to the ps4 instead, feels so pointless to buy digital stuff for the ps3 now that we know the ps4 doesn't have backwards compatibility, especially newly announced titles. Yeah I know "keep the ps3 hooked up", "it doesn't explode when the ps4 is released" etc etc.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
way, way more. it's impossible to state just how gimped king of dragons/knights of the round/golden axe are in comparison.

Knights of the Round was probably the best of those, but it's a decidedly B-tier game compared to what Capcom would do later. Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and The Punisher were where Capcom kicked things into high gear with their beat-em-ups.

Oddly, I find Final Fight to be a lot better than stuff like Captain Commando and Knights of the Round, as well. Dunno what happened.

Maaaaaan. I can already tell the next several years are gonna be super annoying for me, as games I want to play on the GamePad get announced for every system but the Wii U. Ah well, I'll pick this up on one of the other consoles because it's fucking incredible, but I do wish Nintendo hadn't stumbled so hard out the gate they couldn't even get ports of old arcade classics.
The issue with 3DS/Wii U is that emulated software is mandated to release through the Virtual Console. Which has been way too slow on the rollout imo.

Platy

This.
x100000

Im disappointed in GAF for not supporting this more.
Nonetheless i pray it comes out decent.

I am all for Warzard, but it is complicated to expect games with copyright issues like AvP, Cadillacs, Punisher and others....

Battle Circuit, Warzard, Battle Circuit, Captain Commando and Battle Circuit are all fair game =D

Always hated you rich kids hogging the machines smh

Yeah ... machines .... =x

That's more than enough tokens to beat Mystara. Doom...dunno.

I love beat em ups ... but I suck at then =/

Hex

Banned
Pretty sure these were based on regular D&D

It's also funny how "bad" the characters' stats are. I guess they weren't concerned with min/maxing or the stats have no bearing upon gameplay whatsoever:

fighterProfileHalf.gif

In first and second edition D&D , those stats were average not bad.
In these days of MMO D&D where everyone has super stats and special abilities and whatnot, I can see how they seem that way.

pants

Yeah ... machines .... =x
There is an arcade machine not 10 mins from where I work, it was there when I was a kid and it is still there. The arcade was HUGE when I was but a young elf, three stories of more than 100 x 100 meter floor space, but alas it has reduced in size due to the times, but the old capcom classics are still there - Darkstalkers, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, D&D, SFII million editions etc

Platy

There is an arcade machine not 10 mins from where I work, it was there when I was a kid and it is still there. The arcade was HUGE when I was but a young elf, three stories of more than 100 x 100 meter floor space, but alas it has reduced in size due to the times, but the old capcom classics are still there - Darkstalkers, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, D&D, SFII million editions etc

Here in my city the last arcades were transformed into lan houses by the time CS 1.5 exploded =(

pants

Here in my city the last arcades were transformed into lan houses by the time CS 1.5 exploded =(

Bottom floor here is now shops and a kind of gathering place for coffee hipsters, other floors are a cinema and food court with a tiny bit cornered off for the arcade :'(

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
CapGod delivers

I hate that nickname but fuck they deserve it if that's true

LowerLevel

Woot Wooooot! Double Dip time! Wait, Steam maybe too? Triple Dip! I think I might be a fan... Can go with my Saturn import too.

Dwingvatt

Banned
It's a Capcom game, I don't think M2 would ever have been involved.

M2 are the ones working on Capcom Arcade Cabinet. Or am I missing a joke.

They haven't gone to Backbone in years though, and they haven't been exactly healthy last I heard.

Don't even joke about that. ;_;

Correct me if I'm wrong, Backbone is the only company I'm aware of that port these old games on the PC. M2, Iron Galaxy and Proper Games haven't ported any games they've emulated on the PC.

KTGarda

This is pretty awesome news. I played Tower of Doom years ago at some far off arcade, and it'll be nice to have both games available for couch play. Funny how Capcom's digital releases have been so good recently while their physical ones aren't so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom