• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces Coming to PSN. Xillia this Summer.

Mr.Fresh

Lock if old I searched!

b7kCJmH.jpg

This is Hideo Baba, producer of the Tales of franchise. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of our fans in North America and Europe. It’s been an absolute pleasure attending various overseas events and interacting with so many of you. I really feel like we’ve been able to sustain our franchise for 15 years because of such a loyal fanbase. I cannot thank you enough.

Starting March 26th, we’ll be digitally distributing Tales of Graces f on PlayStation Network. I strongly urge anyone unfamiliar to the series to give it a shot. An epic adventure of unimaginable proportions awaits you! We will have two versions of the game available next week; the Standard Edition ($34.99) and Knight Edition ($54.99). The Tales of Graces f: Knight Edition will come bundled with more than 10 DLC items to help new adventurers on their quest including increased stats, health and currency.

In addition, the western release of Tales of Xillia on PS3 is right around the corner — it’ll be out this summer!

For the first time in the franchise, you’ll be able to select between two main characters and experience the game from two different perspectives. It’s up to you whether you want to play as the male or female protagonist.

Tales of Xillia is a culmination of all our development efforts over the years, so I can’t wait for our western fans to try it out. We have a lot more events planned until the release of Tales of Xillia, so I strongly urge you to come visit us when you have the chance. I look forward to meeting all of you.

We’re planning on making this a Tales of filled year, so we have a lot of surprise announcements lined up — stay tuned! Thank you again to all of our fans who have supported us over the years. We hope for your continued support in 2013.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...o-psn-326-tales-of-xillia-on-ps3-this-summer/

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What kind of DLC has this game had to warrant a $20 difference between the two digital versions?

Might be in for $35 with the spend $50 get $10 credit back going on right now. The actual disc version is still $40 shrug.

Also what is a "surprise" Tales announcement? The only thing I'd find surprising is if they decided to actually localize the Vita games :(

Soriku

The Tales of Graces f: Knight Edition will come bundled with more than 10 DLC items to help new adventurers on their quest including increased stats, health and currency.

Sounds like a ripoff.

Seda

What kind of DLC has this game had to warrant a $20 difference between the two digital versions?

Might be in for $35 with the spend $50 get $10 credit back going on right now. The actual disc version is still $40 shrug.

Also what is a "surprise" Tales announcement? The only thing I'd find surprising is if they decided to actually localize the Vita games :(

It has a lot of money and item DLCs, stuff that you can certainly get in game.

Also a bunch of costumes, but sounds like those arent included in the Knight version.

LuuKyK

Cool. Im tired of "this summer" though. Give us a solid release date please.

I know it will be a day before Lightning Returns, but still. lol Sorry, I know it actually wont (right?) but gotta keep the tradition :p

Thorgal

Possible Tales of xillia 2 anounced for the west?

DR2K

Banned
Cool. Im tired of "this summer" though. Give us a solid release date please.

I know it will be a day before Lightning Returns, but still. lol Sorry, I know it actually wont (right?) but gotta keep the tradition :p
At the rate the series are going it'll hurt a FF game more. Knowing Namco they'll try to find a way to release it the same day as the next COD.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
They need to put the Ps1 Tales and Ps2 ones on PSN. (Use the fanmade translation of Rebirth ;_;)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Tales of Vesperia is the one I really wanted to play... I played the demo on 360 and soon after my third (was it third?, I honestly have forgotten how many of those I owned, such bad luck with rrod) anyway my 360 broke and I was pretty disappointed that it was an exclusive when I went looking for it on PS3.

So that one I'd buy straightaway. These other games, I don't really know anything about.

While the PlayStation Network isn't the best of platforms to have a game on, it is better than nothing.

I hardly buy anything from the PlayStation Network anymore because of the "3 console" limit.

While the PlayStation Network isn't the best of platforms to have a game on, it is better than nothing.

I hardly buy anything from the PlayStation Network anymore because of the "3 console" limit.

at least the content is tied to your account than system since you can revoke access to said consoles to free it back up.

Stuart444

Scamco gonna scam.

Yes because the price of the standard edition which give you more hours than most single player games these days is scamming right?.

Anyway, good enough prices, better than the RRP prices I see on the stores from certain companies. At least this way, people won't need to worry about not finding a copy unless they really need a physical edition (same with Vesperia on the 360 :) ). Hope Xillia gets a day 1 digital edition for those that prefer digital to physical.

Soriku

They wouldnt announce the localization of Xillia 2 before the first even launched though. Even if the localization seems likely.

Well they're talking about the whole year, so...who knows. I think it's likely personally after Xillia launches and closer to the end of the year.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

I feel bad for people who have that issue... but I don't. I love long games being on the HDD because it's less stress on the console. I will even pay a little more for the convenience. Though, I think downloadable games should be the cheapest versions. But this industry is stupid...

ubercheez

The Tales of Graces f: Knight Edition will come bundled with more than 10 DLC items to help new adventurers on their quest including increased stats, health and currency.

So it comes with things that you can get by playing the game normally, but you still have to buy the fun stuff like costumes separately. Namco's DLC strategy is really a drain on this series.

Seda

I'm also glad Ni No Kuni is available digitally. I haven't picked it up yet, but if it happens to become rare at retail I can always get the digital version. Tales of Xillia being on PSN is definitely more plausible now. Just whether it's available at launch or not.

Flamfas

Well they're talking about the whole year, so...who knows. I think it's likely personally after Xillia launches and closer to the end of the year.

They did say Xillia 2 would come if the first did well enough. And apparently they deemed Graces' subpar sales successful enough so I'm pretty sure we'll be getting 2.

(also hi it's been a while)

LuuKyK

I'm also glad Ni No Kuni is available digitally. I haven't picked it up yet, but if it happens to become rare at retail I can always get the digital version. Tales of Xillia being on PSN is definitely more plausible now. Just whether it's available at launch or not.

I was almost buying Ni No Kuni on PSN until someone told me that its like 40GB. lmao Nope.

Digital release of Vesperia PS3 next plssss

Yes please.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Under the Games main page on the PSN store, there is already a Graces icon under digital games. It's not listed anywhere else though.

Stuart444

If they did that I'd be both surprised and I'd question if that's the reason for not releasing it til Summer. Xillia 1 in June-ish with Xillia 2 less than half a year later or so.

I'd be elated with that personally.

Top Bottom