• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces Coming to PSN. Xillia this Summer.

FSLink

Banned
I'm also of the opinion that the original's TP-free LMBS is far more fun than R's samey TP battle system.
Pretty sure almost everyone agrees with you on this, haha.
The rest sounds really disappointing.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
We’re planning on making this a Tales of filled year, so we have a lot of surprise announcements lined up — stay tuned! Thank you again to all of our fans who have supported us over the years. We hope for your continued support in 2013.

So...

Localized Tales of Innocence Vita
Tales of the Abyss as a PSN PS2 classic

Hope this is not bannable: digital availability of a title ONE YEAR LATER is WAY too late in the game. For the realz.

I'm going to guess they probably want to make accessibility to Graces f easier to the crowd who's waiting for Xillia, but still, it's way too late :p

EDIT: I'd have renewed interest if they were to release Vesperia on the PS3 though :) Graces is not worth it, but I'd double dip on Vesperia.

matmanx1

This is a good move. Get Graces f on PSN at a decent price and hopefully attract some more folks and a few more sales before Xillia hits. I'm almost tempted to get the digital copy even though I still have a physical one just to show my ENTHUSIASM!

I must be tired for some reason I read the thread title as "Tales of Grace Chen to PSN".
I approve.
chen.gif

Niwa

I'd have renewed interest if they were to release Vesperia on the PS3 though :) Graces is not worth it, but I'd double dip on Vesperia.

Graces F is totally worth it. But if i was to choose then I'd pick Vesperia too, yeah. I'm about to import it since I lost hope in a english Release.. :(

Soriku

If they're not bringing over One Piece for Vita while they have no problem bringing over the PS3 version (same assets and all) I have doubts that they'll localize any Tales game for it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tales of VS is probably the second worst form of pandering in the entire franchise. First goes to Tales of Fandom vol 1 and 2.

Takao

Banned
If they're not bringing over One Piece for Vita while they have no problem bringing over the PS3 version (same assets and all) I have doubts that they'll localize any Tales game for it.

In that situation the games are identical on both platforms. Meaning Scamco could lose out on money with a $39.99 version on Vita, and a $49.99 version on PS3. I don't think they have the stones to go $49.99 for a DD-only Vita game.

With Tales of Outsourced Remakes that wouldn't be a problem. Of course, the problem would be translating them...

Arthea

People, buy and play ToG f, it has very nice gameplay, really

Already preordered ToX, but it's good to have JRPGs on PSN, not many are.

Well look at it this way, if they only sell 50ishk in Japan land, imagine how much they would sell outside of Japan?

Exactly!
I can't imagine that has anything to do with them being only arguably enhanced ports of DS games which any Japanese Tales of fan would have already played.

Point just being, they may do better in the West since the DS versions were never released. Only problem would be the small Vita userbase. If they wouldn't risk releasing to the western DS userbase, don't know why they would bother with the Vita's but I don't know why Bamco does anything.

Datschge

I can't imagine that has anything to do with them being only arguably enhanced ports of DS games which any Japanese Tales of fan would have already played.

The Vita games are "reimaginations" of the original games, they contain way more differences than unchanged elements. And they still sold less than any straight Tales port to date.

Top Bottom