• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Will watch at least some of:

Aku no Hana

Attack on Titanz

Azazel-san S2

Will wait for impressions on:

CG mecha shows

Won't watch:

Everything else

Need to catch up on

Backlog season.

Cool. I hope Railgun 2 is more enjoyable than Raigun 1.
I actually stopped watching any of the To Arus sometimes on the point which season two of Index was because awkwardly ecchi too often and in all the wrong places.

I don't remember where it was exactly, but I think it was when Touma intentionally walked in on an unchanging schoolgirl to "help" her.

To me that was just the stopping point. I didn't feel like watching the next episode.

7Th

Lack of opinionated bullshit in the OP is the cancer killing AnimeGAF.

Either way, Photo Kano will be the best show of the season. You can quote me on this; Yokoyama is talented as fuck.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Will watch

Yuyushiki
Aiura
Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
Oregairu

Still have a TON of backlog stuff to go through. Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb, Acchi Kocchi, A-Channel, hopefully K-On!, and probably more.

jgminto

Well I'll definitely watching Attack on Titan.
Flowers of Evil...I have no idea what it is but I'll keep an eye on it.
Majestic Prince's designs look fucking terrible. Like something out of a Newgrounds flash dating sim. So that means the rest of the show is awesome right?
Don't know anything about Valvrave. Don't really care, never been a mecha guy.
In Gargantia a boy goes though a portal and arrives in a strange and foreign place? And let me guess, he'll end up being the hero or chosen one or whatever. Some of the designs are alright, very jrpg-ish. I might check it out.
RDG sounds like incest. I don't need more of that.
Haiyore! No.
Photo Kano Ugh no.
Date a live Nope.
Devil Survivor 2 I don't know. Depends if it's enjoyable for those who haven't played the game.
Oregairu Uh uh.
Oreimo 2 Definitely not. Hated that show.
MLP NOPE!
UTA NO PRINCE-SAMA I'm equal opportunity. I won't watch trash made for horny men or horny women
and DTL.
Hataraku I like the premise. Reminds me of the indie game Cthulhu Saves The World a bit.
Hyakka No thanks.
Arata Sounds like Yaoi bait.
Mushibugyou Meh.
Railgun I'd have to watch the first season and I probably won't do that.
Yondemasu Maybe?
Saint Seiya Omega No, duckroll, no.
Iron ManWeird. I don't know.

The rest of this is probably crap. If any of those shows get enough attention I might watch them. No one's even going to read this anyway.

Wasn't there another show about a Japanese businessman? That seemed interesting if it was a thing.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I started Dark Souls a couple of days ago and any desire to watch anime has vanished for the present.

I'll probably be right back if I lose to Gaping Dragon fifty times and ragequit forever

Soma

Gaping Dragon is p easy but such a fun fight though. I've been the same but with PSO2 lately.

Of course when I FINALLY get in the mood to watch anime again, a new season is about to begin.

So I just decided to look more into the RDG anime since it was one of my most anticipated for this season. I clicked the link in the OP and watching the video. This one.

And I have to say I'm disappointed, though I can't say I wasn't expecting it. Anime has been doing this sort of thing for a while now. It seems a little too little Shinto mystery fantasy and a little too much school life. I have enough school life anime in my diet. Especially since so many of them are mediocre and the same cliches over and over again.

I want a good Shinto fantasy anime. Not just another anime that is about school first and things like Shinto and mystery are just an angle to sell school life and differentiate it ever so slightly from other school life anime.

And I know, school life is popular. And it isn't bad, either. Nichijou is a great anime. But there is a point at which it gets old. And a lot of school life anime have become cheap and cliched and a dime a dozen. And some of the most popular anime aren't school life at all.

After Kannagi basically turned into another generic harem romcom I'm worried about this happening to almost all supernatural anime. I don't want every anime like this to become like Kannagi. And this is coming from someone whose waifu is Nagi.

There doesn't look to be much Shinto there at all. So I at least hope they play up the mystery aspects of the anime.

sleepykyo

Most likely
My Little Sister
Samurai Bride

Possibly
Attack on Giant
the DTL show

What a terrible season. I'd settle for a Dusk Maiden. I'd even be happy with something along the lines of the current Amnesia. I guess I should finish the last 2 episodes of Total Eclipse and catch up on Chihayafuru 2.

On another note:
Oreshura (ep. 9): finally take another burning, burning fighter. Dropped.

Haganai (ep 9 or is it 10): still the best of the pandering shows. Surprised to see the Kodaka is pretty damaged in his own way. Guess that is one way to explain the male protagonist obviousness.

Pet Girl: I miss when this series was just Mashiro doing whatever she wants while Kanda gets stuck dealing with it.

Maoyu: Might be the best anime (low bar) I'm watching this season.

jgminto

If we're talking about game on our plates, I still haven't finished P3FES. I can feel the end but I stopped for a while and need to get back on that. I just started Okami so that's a big old mess I opened up. I'm going through the end game content of Peace Walker. I'm on my third playthrough of Deadly Premonition and going for a 100% run. I need to get the apparent Game of the Generation, Bioshock Infinite and I've got to get a PS3 so I can get the Director's Cut of Deadly Premonition and play through that when it comes out next month. Also Monster Hunter looks awesome.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So it's only two episodes, but Hidamari Sketch x SP has been the best of the series thus far. Like, by far. I really hope this means good things for Honeycomb.

Articalys

Winter 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

[redacted for incomplete data]

Blu-ray cutoff 4,065 this week. Early numbers may not represent all the sales until we get the full list on Thursday.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Gaping Dragon is p easy but such a fun fight though. I've been the same but with PSO2 lately.

Of course when I FINALLY get in the mood to watch anime again, a new season is about to begin.

lol
Gaping dragon?

That boss is weaksauce.

Didn't mean to imply I was actually having difficulty; I encountered him for the first time, died, and quit for the night. I'm just afraid because even for a Souls boss he looks pretty damned imposing. Need to go uncurse myself and then I'll probably be fine.

I haven't even watched it at all yet. I guess I didn't realize it had already aired. I guess I sound stupid now.

I'm going to go watch it right now.
I just watched the first episode. And I'm relieved. It's about as good as I had hoped. There wasn't too much focus on school.

A lot of stuff made me very curious. What her powers are. How they are connected to her
hair.
Why Sagara Miyuki must show deference and shelter Izumiko. And what was with the water when her powers activated.

If any of this needs to be spoilered, I'm sorry and I'll get right on to putting it in a spoiler.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I'm legitimately shocked, although I'm glad that another season for Love Live is basically a lock.

Hakkenden also deserved better and The Unlimited should have sold negative copies.

cajunator

Banned

18,429 *1 Love Live! [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/22
*7,562 *3 Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru [DVD+BD]: 2013/02/27
*2,773 *2 GJ-bu [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/06
*1,942 *1 Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/20
**,860 *1 Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/22
**,617 *1 Tamako Market [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/20

**,*** *0 D.C.III ~Da Capo III~ [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/20
**,*** *0 Maoyuu Maou Yuusha [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/20

Blu-ray cutoff 4,065 this week. Early numbers may not represent all the sales until we get the full list on Thursday.
Also the first volume of Love Live was half price..

hoooly shit Tamako :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom