• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Gonna be looking into Attack on Titan, for sure. Aku no Hana is... something I'm also onboard for. Because I know there will be absolutely no middle ground for this show. It's either gonna be the best show of the season or one of the worst. I'm definitely looking into Gargantia, too.

My chances of watching Majestic Prince is left up to impressions, as I already said. I like a lot of the stuff that's come out of the media for the show, but I'm not at all confident that the actual work will live up to any of it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Alright, guys. Stuff has been fixed.

Tomorrow I'll add a proper OreImo 2 banner as per Articalys' request and also stuff like Otona Joshi as per duckroll's request.

Ya'll go ahead and have a good one.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Every week we take a vote on the best episode of all the shows. Can't vote for your own show.

At the end of the season, the show with the highest amount of votes wins, and the posters on the original bandwagons get prizes. The rest have to don avatars related to the winning show for some length of time proportional to the difference between their show and the winning show.

So many things can go wrong.

zeroshiki

Every week we take a vote on the best episode of all the shows. Can't vote for your own show.

At the end of the season, the show with the highest amount of votes wins, and the posters on the original bandwagons get prizes. The rest have to don avatars related to the winning show for some length of time proportional to the difference between their show and the winning show.

I could see the weekly voting working. The rest is too convoluted to retain the attention of everybody here.

Like, we could have a weekly poll to see what was the best episode for the week. Stuff like that. Nothing to do with the shipping war.

Grzi

Whoa, now that's a spectacular OP.
Good Job Brazil!

Time for me to finally decide what I'll be watching.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Because you all suck at math.

Including firehawk.

(I didn't even make a formula yet, geez)

Jex

If I can remember the hypewagons:

Majestic Prince: duckroll

Muromi: instro

Aku no Hana: me, wonzo

Datealive: men of discerning taste aka IS "fans"

shingeki: branduil

Azazel-san: me. I believe in the true shit eater.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Gonna be looking into Attack on Titan, for sure. Aku no Hana is... something I'm also onboard for. Because I know there will be absolutely no middle ground for this show. It's either gonna be the best show of the season or one of the worst. I'm definitely looking into Gargantia, too.

My chances of watching Majestic Prince is left up to impressions, as I already said. I like a lot of the stuff that's come out of the media for the show, but I'm not at all confident that the actual work will live up to any of it.

Actually it will be quite easy for Aku no Hana to end up being just another middling show. It happens to dozens of "interesting" shows every year.

duckroll

Stop making gambling sound so interesting. You already fucked everyone up the last time in the manga thread, you're just exporting the formula to animegaf now! >_<

Haly

The main reason for the weekly voting is so the losers can slowly suffer as they see their inevitable punishment increase.

Yes I'm a sadist.
Stop making gambling sound so interesting. You already fucked everyone up the last time in the manga thread, you're just exporting the formula to animegaf now! >_<

This time it'll be even better.

Grzi

I'll be watching (unless they REALLY start to suck):

Aku no Hana
Shingeki no Kyojin
Majestic Prince
Valrave the Liberator
Suisei no Gargantia

I'll try out a bunch of other stuff, nothing really stands out, but we'll see.

duckroll

The main reason for the weekly voting is so the losers can slowly suffer as they see their inevitable punishment increase.

Yes I'm a sadist.

This time it'll be even better.

But how do we account for longer shows and shorter shows. Surely on the normal formula a 1-cour series would have less risk than a 2-cour series, etc.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
My priorities:

Date A Live
Railgun
Oreimo
Aku no Hana
Devil Survivor 2
Shingeki no Kyojin

duckroll

The problem with this idea is it's like baseball players betting against their own team. We control the outcome.

I think this would be better without any voting going on. That's what made his last betting pool so appealing in the manga thread, because there wasn't any sort of voting going on, it was entirely a bet on something which would be factually revealed!

Haly

But how do we account for longer shows and shorter shows. Surely on the normal formula a 1-cour series would have less risk than a 2-cour series, etc.
It's not about analyzing risk, it's about putting something on the line for what you believe in.
We extend it to the whole year and use AOTY rules.

People would lose interest too fast then >_>

If I wanted to make it more interesting, I could open voting to EVERY unique GAF member. Campaign for your favorite shows! Call in favors to boost your faction! It's all out war!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

kayos90

It's not about analyzing risk, it's about putting something on the line for what you believe in.

People would lose interest too fast then >_>

If I wanted to make it more interesting, I could open voting to EVERY unique GAF member. Campaign for your favorite shows! Call in favors to boost your faction! It's all out war!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Also sounds horrible. Let's just not have bets!

duckroll

But the more I think about it, the less sense it makes. It's totally contrived and illogical. For example, I'm watching [x] shows which I think will be good. I select one or more which I really believe in. And... then what? I'm certainly not going to watch any show I don't care for, so why would I vote for those? I don't get it!

Haly

Why do you guys have to ruin my fun?

Instro

If I can remember the hypewagons:

Majestic Prince: duckroll

Muromi: instro

Aku no Hana: me, wonzo

Datealive: men of discerning taste aka IS "fans"

shingeki: branduil

One shining star in the night shining brighter than all the other ones, and I'm talking light years away.

kayos90

Why do you guys have to ruin my fun?

Did we really ruin your fun though? If you make a bad product and people respond negatively is that really the consumers' fault? IS IT?! lol.

In all seriousness, it's too confusing and risky for me to do that kind of ban bet.

wonzo

Banned
Les Fleurs du Mal
Azazel-san
Asian Risshiden
Otona no Joshi (yeah it's pretty much done but whatevs)
TRAIN HERO
that mermaid thing
kuromajo s2
haitai nanafa 2
gakkatsu 2
oreimo s2 *sigh*

will wait on the cg mecha shit, Attack on Titan, Yuyushiki & Aiura

kayos90

Les Fleurs du Mal
Azazel-san
Asian Risshiden
Otona no Joshi (yeah it's pretty much done but whatevs)
TRAIN HERO
that mermaid thing
kuromajo s2
haitai nanafa 2
gakkatsu 2
oreimo s2 *sigh*

will wait on the cg mecha shit, Attack on Titan, Yuyushiki & Aiura

not a fan of cg and/or mecha I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom