• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thief teaser trailer released (full trailer reveal April 2nd)

Cyberia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMDEcqj_1M4

The coolest thing about this video is that it was completely captured in-engine, in real time. And YES, I can confirm that what you’re seeing is Garrett’s actual 3D mesh that is used in the game.

The sequence was not taken from gameplay, but was specifically rendered for you guys in the community. We’ve wanted to put something together to share with you for a while now as a token of our appreciation for your dedication and patience – and we sincerely hope you enjoy it.

This teaser is just a very small taste of what’s to come. And, as a matter of fact, what’s to come is arriving in a mere matter of days! Set your watches taffers.

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blog/Direct-from-the-Devs

i-Lo

That's some riveting stuff! Dat next gen hand model, smoke and lighting!

Hide yo' treasures people.

Hex

Banned
why not just release the trailer? Well we know why, but that was...nothing really.

It was a teaser, as we have seen happen for countless games before the trailer.
It actually is a nice little tease which oddly enough is what a teaser is and it is also in engine which is a great thing to know.

That's not Garett, because Garrett would've used a water arrow.

Not in a small room?

Tagg9

You can tell Square Enix owns Eidos now.

IopzkRD.jpg

justjim89

So casual! He doesn't even use a water arrow! 0/10 wouldn't watch again! T4ffer Cell: Blacklistsolution Conviction: DLC Edition confirmed!

jett

D-Member
edit: Forget it, i don't want to suffer anymore trying to get T2 to work.

Lighting seems to be nice in the teaser.

i-Lo

Thank you for posting that image. If we get visual fidelity as featured in that image (and a few more shown off in behind the scenes videos) then I'd be thrilled.

I have never played a single Thief game before (although I kind of have some idea of the origin story) so like HR for Deus Ex series, this will be my first one for the series. As such, I wanted to ask this: What is the deal with his right eye?

Kouichi

In all honesty that would probably be the best option for Thief fans. Save us from another Eidos heartbreak. But it's too far along to do anything like that.

Even if it doesn't live up to the past Thief games, it could still be a good stealth game on its own. The third Thief was certainly disappointing compared to the first two and I still think it's one of the best stealth games out there.

i really hope they don't fuck this up.. i even hope he wears his old hooded cloak and narrates about the mission before the mission starts.

BY2K

Membero Americo
In all honesty that would probably be the best option for Thief fans. Save us from another Eidos heartbreak. But it's too far along to do anything like that.

You don't sound like the kind of person that has a very positive view on life...

You don't sound like the kind of person that has a very positive view on life...

Eh. I don't blame him for this one.

Thief 3 was a disappointment for many Thief fans, particularly with the design limitations that were necessitated by releasing it on the xbox alongside the pc. (much smaller maps, being one of the bigger complaints)

I still enjoyed it for what it was, but not everyone feels that way.

Do we know if this is a teaser for the trailer of the game or the teaser for the trailer of the teaser for the trailer of the game?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yeah it has nothing to do with the countless ruined franchises from this and last generation.

Yeah after Hitman Abomination and Tomb Raider horrible reboot I can't trust anything from SE nowdays (SE west follow the east side and it sucks too)

DXHR was decent but very flawed too,so I'm not putting my money/trust in Eidos Montreal pocket yet they'll have to convince me really hard with this one.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Alright already, I'll buy a PS4. Sheesh.

Persona86

Banned
Yeah after Hitman Abomination and Tomb Raider horrible reboot I can't trust anything from SE nowdays (SE west follow the east side and it sucks too)

DXHR was decent but very flawed too,so I'm not putting my money/trust in Eidos Montreal pocket yet they'll have to convince me really hard with this one.

Don't forget about Yakuza 4.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Show me a water arrow dousing a torch. C'mon, you know you want to.

Top Bottom