• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Star Wars 1313 was a Boba Fett game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It was ordered to be so by George Lucas himself.

There's more information about the game and its troubles prior to cancellation at the link: http://kotaku.com/before-it-was-cancelled-star-wars-1313-was-going-to-be-470003660

Here's some art from the title:

k-bigpicngqdv.png

originalz9rht.png

Mechazawa

Haha, so maybe they weren't bullshitting if there were actually more mercenary aspects to it other than being a a straight Uncharted shooter like they were claiming.

Hoo boy.

FStop7

Banned
Hype annihilated, then.

I thought it was supposed to be a game using new characters, free of previous events, and most importantly - no Jedi, no Force powers.

If it was just another game crammed full of the same tired old stuff then it was a mercy killing.

Still a great premise, though, if they can get it off the ground as originally described.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Would have been like Force Unleashed anyway. Solid concept but mediocre game. When was the last time LucasArts even developed a good game?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I always confuse Boba Fett with Jabba the Hutt for some reason. Needless to say, the thread title initially had me scratching my head.

thuway

If I were Sony or Microsoft, I would be taking a stern hard look at this title and contemplate whether to fund it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Would have been like Force Unleashed anyway. Solid concept but mediocre game. When was the last time LucasArts even developed a good game?

Exactly! Maybe now a Boba Fett game can be licensed to some developers who can create a quality game. Are we forgetting the lousy Bounty Hunter game that released last gen? Remember the crappy Star Wars Twisted Metal knockoff ? How about the Star Wars fighting game? Yeah, that's Lucasarts for you.

The best modern Star Wars titles weren't done by them! I hope everyone at Lucasarts lands on their feet, but Disney made a good move in my opinion.

LastNac

"They ended up with movie tech that wouldn't fit in a game, and game tech that wouldn't fit in a movie," a source told me. "1313 was always in danger of not being made."

tumblr_lz3dik76lM1r23jh4o1_500.gif

As a Star Wars fan and more importantly fan of cinematic presentation and tech in interactive forms this one, really, really hurts.

Has anyone else read the article? It seems like, even if Disney hadn't cancelled it, the game was in danger of being shelved indefinitely (or coming out and being terrible), anyway.

The reveal at last year's E3 was not even what the game looked like at the time, as they had already changed to Boba Fett by then, and no work had been done on the game since Fall.

Marjorine

I would have loved to play a Boba Fett game. This sucks. Maybe they will pass this Boba Fett idea to some awesome developer. But probably not.

Sephzilla

1313 looked neat, but I cant help but feel that it would have wound up being a mediocre game. I'm jaded to Star Wars games, there hasn't been a truly solid run of Star Wars titles in a long time and I think Republic Commando was more or less a very pleasant fluke.

TreIII

Has anyone else read the article? It seems like, even if Disney hadn't cancelled it, the game was in danger of being shelved indefinitely (or coming out and being terrible), anyway.

The reveal at last year's E3 was not even what the game looked like at the time, as they had already changed to Boba Fett by then, and no work had been done on the game since Fall.

So in short, if it did come out, it likely would have been "Uncharted...in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE: Starring Boba Fett", right?

Yeah...no thanks.

antitrop

If Boba Fett can save himself from the Sarlaac with a thermal detonator, I have faith this game can return from the dead!

H3xum

It'll get picked up

There's no way some exec somewhere hasn't noticed the interest the game has garnered

Come on guys! If Disney execs made the call to cancel, it probably wasn't shaping up to be a quality title... These guys know games, right Epic Mickey?

Come on guys! If Disney execs made the call to cancel, it probably wasn't shaping up to be a quality title... These guys know games, right Epic Mickey?

Or Tron? Or the fact they cancelled the one game people though was cool (Pirates of the Carribean)?

It'll get picked up

There's no way some exec somewhere hasn't noticed the interest the game has garnered

Its too late. Once you disperse the team its way too hard to put it back together unless members of the core team end up forming their own company.

Celegus

This was the most interesting thing Star Wars related in quite a few years, so I guess Star Wars will continue to be completely disregarded by me.

A game focused on Boba Fett?

Well, I guess the death of 1313 isn't so bad after all!
image.php

:p
I think i can see why people would feel this way if they were afraid of messing up the character, yet it wouldn't been cool to see. And still a canceled game is a canceled game :(

Top Bottom