• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Star Wars 1313 was a Boba Fett game

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, don't worry. There's always Metroid if you need your bounty hunter fix.

*looks back at Other M*

aK1gd7k.gif

Guys, don't worry. There's always Metroid if you need your bounty hunter fix.

*looks back at Other M*

http://i.imgur.com/aK1gd7k.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha. Not that Metroid would fill that void anyway, it's as much about bounty hunting as Mario games are about plumbing.

eot

Banned
Aliens Colonial Marines was just a month ago and people have already forgotten that bullshit demos don't mean a thing? It's nothing to be upset about because there was nothing to be excited about.

SMD

Since The Phantom Menace came out, LucasArts went from making brilliant games into SW cash in shite, by and large. This rumour does nothing to shake the feeling that Lucas just had everything churn out Star Wars crap.

sangreal

Hype annihilated, then.

I thought it was supposed to be a game using new characters, free of previous events, and most importantly - no Jedi, no Force powers.

If it was just another game crammed full of the same tired old stuff then it was a mercy killing.

Still a great premise, though, if they can get it off the ground as originally described.

2x2dK9s.jpg

Now that is a game that could've been something special

scoobs

If this game was worth a damn it will be get picked up by another studio and finished. My guess is it was not worth a damn.

No words to describe how much this hurts.

Dramatic much?

We saw a glimpse of demonstration and you and a number of other people with all the hand-wringing is crazy.

If the engine is as good as some people think. If the ideas and concepts are sound. Eventually something will come out of it.

This was Lucasarts remember. They weren't exactly known for banging out brilliant titles over the last five to ten years.

Haha. Not that Metroid would fill that void anyway, it's as much about bounty hunting as Mario games are about plumbing.

Japan has a different concept of bounty hunter, anyway.

When Retro pitched the idea of bounty hunter side missions to Nintendo, they were confused as to why Samus would be capturing criminals and bringing them back for money. They suggested Samus just get them and not take any money, which in turn confused Retro.

Nintendo thinks a bounty hunter is like a soldier of fortune and Samus does most of her work pro bono.

I feel bad for the folks there but from a business perspective shutting Lucasarts down makes sense when they already have Disney Interactive. Lucasarts was an unnecessary redundancy.

With that said, is it outside the realm of possibility that Disney could hand the 1313 assets off to another developer and just publish the game under DI?

Run-M-Run

This game seemed to take a direction I really wanted Star Wars games to have for a long time, quite serious, less about the jedis and whatnot.

You know, this is on the prey 2 level of situation.. goddamn it stop teasing me with things that will never see the light of day!!!

Aselith

This really sucks. Unlike a lot of people, I liked Bounty Hunter but I would have loved to see a Fett game with real good gameplay.

Honestly, they should get the license at Bethesda and then make Prey 2 into a Star Wars bounty hunting game.

They Sarlac'd 1313 with a Bob Fett centric story?

Muthaffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff........................

Even if it wasn't playing with Boba it would be cool.

Guess I'm gonna replay that Shadows of the Empire level with him in it.

ADPolice

Neo Member
Glad they cancelled this title if Boba Fett was going to be the focus. The original concept of 1313 was playing as a new character and seeing new sides to the SW universe. Using an established character who has been ruined by the prequel films and expanded universe novelization definitely seems like it had huge misfire potential.

Too bad they didn't stick to their guns and go with what they showed in the game demo. RIP 1313.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Is disney just going to licence out the Star Wars licence to third parties? It's kind of neat with the disney properties that Ducktails, Kingdom Hearts, stuff like that is still coming. Too bad, 1313 looked awesome. I hope it gets a sleeping dogs second chance at life.

1313 being canceled was salt on an open wound, this news is like taking that same burning wound and lighting on fire with gasoline

Top Bottom