• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Star Wars 1313 was a Boba Fett game

Darklord

Banned
Next-gen Boba Fett game?!

ibpWHjiWv9YPQC.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I were Sony or Microsoft, I would be taking a stern hard look at this title and contemplate whether to fund it.

As nice a conceit as that is, a further 2 years of development on a what's presumably a AAA title wouldn't come cheap.

Dysun

It would have been a mediocre on-rails Uncharted-lite using Boba Fett and the Star Wars IP

Why do I want it so bad knowing this

There was heavy speculation prior to its official announcement back when the starwars1313 domain name was registered that it would be a Boba game. CT-1313 was an Alissa of his.

Derrick01

Banned
Alright I admit that playing a boring linear cover shooter as Boba Fett would have been slightly better than before.

Fuck this hurts I was like cool a mature Star Wars game that was about bounty hunters then its cancelled but then it was revealed you'd play as the Bobba ! ;_; someone pick this up .

RedSwirl

Exactly! Maybe now a Boba Fett game can be licensed to some developers who can create a quality game. Are we forgetting the lousy Bounty Hunter game that released last gen? Remember the crappy Star Wars Twisted Metal knockoff ? How about the Star Wars fighting game? Yeah, that's Lucasarts for you.

The best modern Star Wars titles weren't done by them! I hope everyone at Lucasarts lands on their feet, but Disney made a good move in my opinion.

Well in that case, who do you think should make one?

It's hard to get disappointed about the cancellation of a game that barely even existed beyond the scripted vertical slice. Anyone can come up with a proof of concept. Lucasarts hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt to make me think they could have pulled it off rather than just churning out another generic action game.

Well that sucks. I was really hoping to see more of it maybe around E3. So what can we expect now? Lego Episode 7?

Fuck it. *goes and re-installs Jedi Knight*

Honestly not sure where all the hype comes from. It was LucasArts.

Because it was part of Lucasarts attempt to come back to serious games, they were also hiring actual talent for the studio and trying to reorganize itself. This sounded and looked potentially good and with the possibility of Lucasarts rebuilding itself? That's your hype.

That CBS money uhnnnnnnn

What's the context of this video

If I'm remembering this correctly, it was when the 3DS XL arrived at the Giant Bomb offices. They were pretending to try to sell the 3DS XL in the box when it was labeled "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 8/19/12", and Jeff was emptying his wallet to buy the box back after they finally noticed the label.

"Just tell me when to stop. Tell me when to stop... TELL ME WHEN TO STOP *fake sobs*" and he's all done when Brad goes "Okay stop." XD

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Way less interesting than a game based on original characters.

Fett is overrated anyway.

Moff

why wont somone license this? whats the problem? why are the chances slim?
many star wars games have been developed by third parties in the last 10 years, jedi knight 2 by raven, kotor by bioware, rogue leader by factor 5.

I need this to happen.

Akey

Banned
Sounds like 1313 was dead even before Disney. Everything you can't have is amazing and everything you can have is crap. Odd.

Effect

Now I feel disappointed. I love me some Boba Fett. The means jet pack combat. The change to Fett being ordered by Lucas isn't a bad thing. He was heavily involved in the Clone Wars show and that's great. The man just has a serious problem with dialogue he himself writes. It can be really bad. That's always been a problem with him from the very beginning and the prequels just shined a huge spotlight on it. Idea wise and story wise the man is still good.

Like said though it sounds like the game was in danger long before it was officially canceled and Disney entered the picture.

Someone will probably pick this up and finish it no? Seems like all the tech was in place, that's half the job (i know nothing of making games)

nampad

Ok, now it hurts even more. Lucas decision to change it to Boba Fett was a right call, the bounty hunters are very popular. Gameplay wise it would have worked well.

Top Bottom