• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liberation Maiden SIN announced for PS3

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://gematsu.com/2013/04/liberation-maiden-sin-announced-for-playstation-3

5pb. is bringing Wario64’s Guild 01 3DS shoot ‘em up Liberation Maiden to PlayStation 3 in the form of an adventure game, this week’s Famitsu reveals.

Liberation Maiden SIN stars main character Kiyoto Kaidou, appointed as the chief aide under the supervision of President Shouko (the main character in the 3DS game). He has the ability to read others’ minds.

Additionally, the game will introduce many new beautiful women as members of the cabinet.

Wario64 wrote some of the game’s scenarios.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wait what. :O
Dat edit in the article for the quote.

Clov

With 5pb behind it, I'm assuming it's more of a visual novel-type game? Bit of an odd choice for this, I hope there's still some of the shooting elements from the 3DS game. I wonder if Suda could write good routes...?

I hope this gets localized at some point.

This is an adventure game/visual novel by 5pb based off of the shmup.

It's presumably retail.

Ah okay, do 5pb have good success on PS3 with those games? Would explain it being on PS3 and not 3DS retail I guess, plus the HD appeal, and Wii U... yeah... good luck with that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ah okay, do 5pb have good success on PS3 with those games? Would explain it being on PS3 and not 3DS retail I guess, plus the HD appeal, and Wii U... yeah... good luck with that.

You will probably remember 5pb best for Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head, which both did quite well for their genre.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So that's why Liberation Maiden was such a shitty game. I thought it was fault of Suda. damn.

Man, you sure love going into news threads and calling games shitty. Not sure what the hate for Liberation Maiden is. I thought it was pretty good.

Korigama

It's a bad game? I thought it was supposed to be good. Whelp, I guess I'll pass on the sale on it this weekend.
There's nothing wrong with it, short length aside (and controls if you're left-handed). I got my money's worth at full price.
Man, you sure love going into news threads and calling games shitty. Not sure what the hate for Liberation Maiden is. I thought it was pretty good.
I stopped taking him seriously the minute he not only said the AA series was going downhill after the first one, but that AA4 was > AA3.
Did its story/setting really warrant an adventure game?
There's potential. It's just that most of the backstory and lore was buried in the information provided in the gallery, rather than presented during the campaign.

wsippel

Banned
It's a bad game? I thought it was supposed to be good. Whelp, I guess I'll pass on the sale on it this weekend.
It's not actually bad, but it's not exactly great, either. It's an OK, short and kinda shallow shooter. But it's an eShop game and less than ten bucks. Just don't expect brilliance.

7Th

The original article does say "他にも美少女閣僚として新キャラクターが多数登場", which is "many new beautiful female characters will be introduced".

Can I waifu Shouko?

I'm sure the game will feature a love-sim element; they wouldn't be talking about the PLENTY OF BISHOUJOS being added to the cast otherwise.

vareon

Does this mean Liberation Maiden is quite popular? Good for them.

Though I believe there will be more people flipping out if Crimson Shroud got similar treatment lol.

Tizoc

This is an adventure game/visual novel by 5pb based off of the shmup.

It's presumably retail.

Aw thought it'd be LM released on PS3 =P
Ah well will grab it off eShop this next few days while its on sale~

Shame this couldn't get a Digital release in English at least.

EDIT: Just checking but Wario64 isn't really Suda51 is he?

Soriku

Does this mean Liberation Maiden is quite popular? Good for them.

Though I believe there will be more people flipping out if Crimson Shroud got similar treatment lol.

Crimson Shroud will get a full-length RPG release.

Believe.

duckroll

My only interest in the expansion of Liberation Maiden as a franchise is that maybe they'll throw money down the drain and get BONES to do a full TV series on it. Otherwise, don't give a fuck. :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I was under the impression that Shouko's ass was the only redeeming quality of the 3DS game.

I would say it was ok. But it felt sort of like a half-assed dat-assed effort to make a Kid Icarus-ish game . Never really struck a chord with me. :(

Top Bottom