• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Blood, Sweat und Tränen

Status
Not open for further replies.

xintin

i2ibo1gzC8sJN.png

-----------------------------------------
UEFA Champions League broadcasters: Where to watch in your country
|OT| Title: phaze // Videos: Wes, fuenf, spidye
Presented by
ibtaqN8eH37ryM.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Will keep tab open in my phone all week and then cross post between real FootyGAF and final thread and then try and entice all the newbies into FootyGAF in time for next season with naked gifs and pictures of the Moyessiah and Zahallah

Bayern to win 2-0

Wilbur

Banned
can someone explain what is going on in the "Road to the Final" section of that pic?

Okay so each team played in a group of four. For instance Dortmund were in a group with Manchester City, Real Madrid and Ajax. It then shows their home and away results against them underneath.

They qualified in first place and went on to play Shakhtar Donesk in the last 16, beat them 5-2 on aggregate (again, both results are underneath: 2-2 away and then 3-0 at home), beat Malaga in the semis (with two goals in the last minute, one which was offside), and then beat Real Madrid overall after a 4-1 win in the semi finals. That was their road to the final.

FootballFan

can someone explain what is going on in the "Road to the Final" section of that pic?

Basically it is just showing who they played, in what round, and the score.

So let's take Dortmund as an example(the left side). In the group stage they had Ajax, Man City and Real Madrid. The scores for each game underneath.

Round of 16 they played Shakhtar Donetsk aka Waxtap.

Quarters they played Malaga.

Semi's they played real Madrid.

There are 2 scores for each game(for the home and away game they play against each team).

Brinbe

Bayern are prob heavy favorites, but I'd like Dortmund to surprise. Even better if it's Gotze that wins it.

xintin

If Jose is back at Chelsea before this match, I'll have no choice but to root for Bayern. Pep vs Jose SuperCup!

Seanspeed

Banned
So how'd they match up this year in the Bundesliga?

I kinda want to see Dortmund win it for being more of the underdogs, but I was born in Bavaria and enjoy seeing Bayern do well, too.

Ah. Just hope its a good game.

Wilbur

Banned
Different set-up. It was the last game of a tournament they had already won weeks ago. They went to play Barcelona and Juve with a very different mindset.

I'm joking baby. You couldn't tell by me calling Chelsea the real champions of Europe?

For all of Football-GAFs "fuck Bayern", and god knows I love me a "fuck Bayern". I wouldn't mind seeing them win. I mean really, I don't care who wins, but I don't get all the Dortmund love. They're just another team to me.

So yeah, fuck Bayern, but come on Bayern!

NG28

Just when I think I got football leagues figured out, I learn about the UEFA Europa League. I had no idea it existed, and now I'm confused again. Why does it exist with the Champions League? I always thought the Champions league was the best teams in Europe.

Just when I think I got football leagues figured out, I learn about the UEFA Europa League. I had no idea it existed, and now I'm confused again. Why does it exist with the Champions League? I always thought the Champions league was the best teams in Europe.

Europa League is the NIT of European football.

la_briola

Very nice OP. Well done!

Fuck Bayern
BUT
Fuck Dortmund even harder, fucking lost to Hoppenheim and saved them from relegation.

I don't care who wins. The real winner is the Bundesliga! \o/

FootballFan

:lol

Europa League is a weaker version of the Champions League. Kinda confusing, but if you follow football for just a while it's easier to understand.

Let's say in your domestic league, the top 4 teams at the end of the season qualify for the Champions League. The teams that came 5th and 6th in the league qualify for the Europa league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom