• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Eternals appears on Steam Greenlight

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Thanks. Just downvoted it.

yuv4ugN.jpg

HoosTrax

lol, wasted the time to do a meaningless downvote and upload+post a screenshot

Anyways, that description of the game is kind of useless. I haven't heard of the Kickstarter, the summary doesn't tell me what kind of game this is, and I've never heard of Eternal Darkness.

Ok. So why are you guys not interested? I've been out of the loop with the situation I guess. I know that it won't reach its funding goal.

RPGCrazied

Wow. Kickstarter, their own crowd funding page, and this? I still don't think it will come out though. Not for 1.5 million for just 1 episode.

Danielsan

I guess they're desperate. This project is never coming of the ground if crowd funding/interest is required for it to pull through.

Madouu

lol, wasted the time to do a meaningless downvote and upload+post a screenshot

Anyways, that description of the game is kind of useless. I haven't heard of the Kickstarter, the summary doesn't tell me what kind of game this is, and I've never heard of Eternal Darkness.

It's a shame but I guess not everybody had a Gamecube at the time. I just played the game and it still holds up pretty well. We did a "GAF Plays" recently on the game just before the crowdfunding campaign started that was sadly pretty short lived even with EatChildren's efforts to keep it alive :p Here.

It's an adventure/horror game where the occult plays a very big role. You play a series of characters in different times period that are linked together through the story. You discover their stories through the main (female) character that you get to play last. Each chapter is about 1h-1h30 long with a very brief introduction. The game is mainly about exploration and puzzle solving but it has quite a bit of combat and a very nicely thought out magic system. The game also features a "Sanity" system: The more you encounter enemies and delve into the darkness, the less sane you become resulting in some very cool effects (both sound & visual and of course affecting the gameplay) that I'd rather not spoil here.

All of this makes it a pretty unique game and I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't played it to try it out sometime. It still holds up pretty well.

Clockwork

The hate is getting ridiculous...

No doubt.

All that they are asking is if you would buy the game if it was available on Steam.

Are you folks saying that if the game was completed you would have no interest in purchasing a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness?

Get the fack out of here...

HoosTrax

The game also features a "Sanity" system: The more you encounter enemies and delve into the darkness, the less sane you become resulting in some very cool effects (both sound & visual and of course affecting the gameplay) that I'd rather not spoil here.

All of this makes it a pretty unique game and I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't played it to try it out sometime. It still holds up pretty well.
You're right, I never owned a Gamecube. Sounds a bit similar to the sanity system in Amnesia?

Also, the people bragging about downvoting (which don't factor in or count for anything at all in the Greenlight system) are amusingly causing this thread to be constantly bumped to the top...

Jobbs

Banned
why is this on greenlight? don't "real devs" get to just put things on steam directly?

also, isn't greenlight for games that are basically finished?

Jb

Wait, isn't Greenlight supposed to be for games that are either done or have the financing to ensure they'll see the light of day at some point?

Clockwork

The hate for Dyack is as strong as ever and while it's not completely unwarranted (subjective, I've never see the point in holding grudges, but whatever), it is a little unfair to everyone else who is working on this game and hoping it would become something.

That's the thing.

The main argument is "because Dyack" and that is so utterly ridiculous it makes me sick.

I want a a successor to this:

Is that so wrong?

Jobbs

Banned
Wait, isn't Greenlight supposed to be for games that are either done or have the financing to ensure they'll see the light of day at some point?

yeah, I looked into greenlight before and one of the requirements for listing is that the game is at or near completion. There's a seperate "non-binding" greenlight category for unfinished games to get feedback.

so something about this is just weird to begin with.

1-D_FTW

Thanks. Just downvoted it.

http://i.imgur.com/yuv4ugN.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've never downvoted anything before, and I know it supposedly doesn't have any influence, but logging in to go do so.

EDIT: And for the people who don't understand why? The dude's a world class scammer. Anyone who gives him money is throwing their money away (and I realize Steam is unrelated to that... but it's still a protest vote).

That's the thing.

The main argument is "because Dyack" and that is so utterly ridiculous it makes me sick.

I want a a successor to this:

Is that so wrong?

Absolutely not and if I were on Steam, I'd happily vote yes.

Iit's a damn shame that when it seems we're finally close to getting a sequel (of sorts) to ED, people can't see past their blind hatred for Dyack.

Madouu

You're right, I never owned a Gamecube. Sounds a bit similar to the sanity system in Amnesia?

Also, the people bragging about downvoting (which don't factor in or count for anything at all in the Greenlight system) are amusingly causing this thread to be constantly bumped to the top...

Oh how did I forget about Amnesia. Yes the concept is the same but Eternal Darkness sanity effects are much more pronounced and much more present. There's a few of them that are pretty innovative and got me quite a few times. They don't really play the same at all though.

Another recent little game that features a soft sanity system is "Don't Starve".

Top Bottom