• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon's Crown screens

A “Game Master,” voiced by Takashi Taniguchi in the Japanese version, will guide you in Dragon’s Crown.

The game begins at the Dragon’s Paradise bar, where all six of the game’s characters (Fighter, Amazon, Dwarf, Elf, Wizard, and Sorceress) are gathered at a round-table. After you select your character, you’ll be able to customize their color, voice, greeting message, character selection message, revival message, and dying message. From there, you can begin the game.

After you’ve prepared, you can head to a dungeon, where you’ll gather new weapons and armor, earn experience points and money, and fulfill quests. When you explore dungeons, sometimes an event scene will occur, and you’ll meet new characters like the barbarian warrior Roland.

As you earn experience and level up, you’ll earn Skill Points. These can be used at the Adventurer’s Guild to learn new skills. There are common skills and class skills. “Gold Healing,” for example, is a common skill that recovers HP when you collect coins, and costs 1 Skill Point.

http://gematsu.com/2013/05/dragons-crown-has-customizable-characters-skill-points

14csg1.jpg

2r8sob.jpg

17ixt9.jpg

2sgx6n.jpg

4vnlhd.jpg

5wqy5l.jpg

6dyzab.jpg

Color customization

11cfb5l.jpg

1282z3m.jpg

759bff.jpg

8yizc0.jpg

92slkd.jpg

10fsl7y.jpg

013hrbhj.jpg

018mbzcs.jpg

0203wy87.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/134/G013482/20130513021/
http://www.4gamer.net/games/134/G013480/20130521001/

chrono01

You had me at the first screenshot.

Also, seeing the Sorceress when she's older...kind of defeats her appeal. But hey, at least you'd have [a few] great years!

Also, nice to see Elves age so well.

i-Lo

Paging Jason
Also the art design behind sorceress makes even more sense in the presence of her true form.

Qvoth

not sure if these are known yet, but from last week's chinese famitsu scans, it was revealed that as you level up you gain skill points, and you can use those points on adventurer's guild to gain skills
skills are separated into common skills and class specific skills, the last few pictures from OP are those card/skill things

JWong

Banned
DEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIESDEMBEAUTIES

They are beautiful.

suzu

The card art is not the same sorceress you play as, ya know. lol

These screenshots look great though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Why are you guys saying that's the sorceress when she's older? The younger version doesn't look much like her at all. The same with the elf.

I know vanillaware loves to play around with proportions in their art but their penchant for tiny heads looks really off on the archers. Everone else seems to pull off the tiny head look rather well but there's something awkward about how the archers are done. Maybe I've been looking at the stills for too long and it'll look fine in motion or I'll just randomly get over it but rignt now it REALLY irks me.

Rocwell

I know vanillaware loves to play around with proportions in their art but their penchant for tiny heads looks really off on the archers. Everone else seems to pull off the tiny head look rather well but there's something awkward about how the archers are done. Maybe I've been looking at the stills for too long and it'll look fine in motion or I'll just randomly get over it but rignt now it REALLY irks me.

Would you say she looks more or less awkward in comparison to say, the Sorceress?

Elf's the least exaggerated character who's closest to having somewhat realistic proportions. It's probably just the hood that's throwing you off.

Espada

Sweet lord, this is a nice little surprise update. I have to go preorder this game real soon. I can't miss out on this or its sweet artbook (goddamn Akiman, Bengus, and Nishimura art on top of Kamitani's stuff).

Also, that custom color thing makes me interested in using DAHK DOWAHF.

Top Bottom