• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price to come "later this year"

lock if old please

Just in case anyone was expecting to be revealed at E3

lTbuPii.png

Source

M.D

I wonder if this means Sony won't share the price at E3 either, since they will both watch each other to react

DBT85

Since it is due out this year I'd fucking hope so.

I wonder if this means Sony won't share the price at E3 either, since they will both watch each other to react

Sony have always announced the price at E3 afaik.

daxgame

I'm shocked, I totally thought they would announce it at E3, everybody would be so happy to hear it... eh :p

I hope to eat crow though and it's a good one, the less the better

Hex

Banned
The price will be announced this year?

E3 is later this year.
They may wait, but not sure of the wisdom there but they do not seem to be heavy in the wisdom department as of late at MS.
Could be that they genuinely were not expecting the backlash that they have been hit with since the reveal and are working the spin machine.

Price will be VERY important this gen... I am sure they will both wait until the last minute. They also want to know how the sales of this gen is going around that period.

WX3

Are you sure OP?
I mean the system is being launched this year OP but are you really sure they will announce the price this year?

Call of Duty Ghosties comes out on November 5th, but will the Xbone be available at that time? Now that's exclusive. Kinda like Obama care, you wanna know what the price is your just going to have to buy it to find out suckas!

Pretty sure they are just waiting for Sony to announce first (and Sony vice versa) The big thing that would be nice to know is whats in the box for each? Does the cost of the included Kinect exceed the price of increased tech in PS4?

If Kinect 2 is expensive it could be WiiU Pad 2.0

Feorax

As long as the price is competitive, Sony can pretty much do what they want. MS have already proved they are terrible at reacting to their competitions strengths, even with 3 months grace to do so.

MS is first at bat at e3, soooo with how uncertain they are atm, I can see the price announced closer to launch.

Sony actually seems prepared, so I'm betting e3 announcement for them.

Nerix

Are you sure OP?
I mean the system is being launched this year OP but are you really sure they will announce the price this year?
Perhaps they won´t announce the price at all - just ship it to retail and everybody get surprised at launch day ;)

Wow no price at E3? This means it's gonna be expensive.

They want to talk about price as late as possible as damage control. Don't want gamers rumbling about how expensive it is for months like what happened to the PS3

apesh1t

Banned
He actually probably means Microsoft's fiscal year, so maybe into the first quarter of 2014. Theres a chance it'll be in stores and the price will not be finalized. We walk in and pay a certain amount with a chance that it may change and have to return back to the store to give them more money.

Neither SONY nor MS are going to announce pricing at E3, they will use said event to generate feedback for the next couple of weeks after that.
After seeing what MS and SONY have console wise and game wise, the expected price tag would be one of the main subjects for a while

glaurung

Tactical industry espionage has obviously gone down the drain this year.

MS needs to know whether Sony will charge people for something else beside PS+ as well as the price for the PS4. MS will already require the Gold subscription for certain things, plus the NFL and some other subs for 3rd party apps.

Therefore MS is highly likely to keep mum on the price at E3 unless Sony doesn't announce theirs ASAP.

GamesCom in August sounds like a plausible place for the price announcement. But I expect BestBuy flyers to leak the price earlier.

Top Bottom