• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price to come "later this year"

They could still reveal it at E3, but they aren't going to tell everyone that they are doing that, so you'll get the stock later this year answer for pretty much all questions like that.

I bet he'd say the exact same thing if you asked him about the release date.

I just need Sony to confirm/deny 2013 for the UK, if they do then the XO price is of no concern to me.

How I feel. I'll end up with both in the next two years anyway, but I'd prefer to do Sony's this year and the one late next year or early the year after. However, if the one launches (assumedly) by the beginning of november and nothing from Sony here til the spring, then I think I'd have to change my order.

Piper Az

This is outrageous!!! I hope Sony at least tell us the pricing scheme of PS4 at E3.
I hope both consoles are no more than $300

is water wet?

we will answer this question later on in the year.

We have some exciting plans for water in the future, unfortunately at this time we aren't able to talk about this but let's just say you should be excited, we are still going over the details with our water partners and when we're ready to present our exciting and evolutionary plans for water, water fans will be the first to know!

This is outrageous!!! I hope Sony at least tell us the pricing scheme of PS4 at E3.
I hope both consoles are no more than $300

Xbox One 449,99
Games 79,99
Headset 29,99
HDMI cable 19,99 (hehe)
Xbox Live Gold membership 59,99 (one year)

+ you'll need XBL Gold to activate used games for full price

believe.

Xbox One 449,99
Games 79,99
Headset 29,99
HDMI cable 19,99 (hehe)
Xbox Live Gold membership 59,99 (one year)

+ you'll need XBL Gold to activate used games for full price

believe.
I'm still going to guess a more expensive Xbox Live Gold and membership being required to use any part of the box (read: always online, infinite clouds). But the hardware itself can be cheaper.

Radical, but in the realm of possible. Maybe. Kinda.

While i am not sure, MS might announce a really low price against Sony's apperaingly much more powerful and gaming based device. With their used game system and other stuff they might just sell it for 199 or so maybe.

Concept17

Sony seems ready to announce at E3. Box, date, price. If they go 399$ and MS says nothing of price, Sony will be in an even better position.

GodofWine

I want sonys conference to go dark, the you hear FINISH HIM and it shows old school mortal combat spine rippin out move and then $299 in blood across the screen....

I'm in an odd mood today, sorry.

But I think MS does NOT want to go first on price...they are flailing.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
If the rumored contract pricing is true, then this doesn't surprise me. A steeply discounted Xbox One with a two year gold contract risks a bad internet reaction, but the scheme itself could be Mirosoft's secret weapon. If parents can buy a new system for, say, $250 + monthly fees, it becomes a reasonable Christmas present. MS knows the monthly fees drive huge long term profits, and many of the announced features seem to be aimed at justifying fees by treating the Xbox One as a service.

Hex

Banned
If the rumored contract pricing is true, then this doesn't surprise me. A steeply discounted Xbox One with a two year gold contract risks a bad internet reaction, but the scheme itself could be Mirosoft's secret weapon. If parents can buy a new system for, say, $250 + monthly fees, it becomes a reasonable Christmas present. MS knows the monthly fees drive huge long term profits, and many of the announced features seem to be aimed at justifying fees by treating the Xbox One as a service.

The contract pricing, subsidized version has been at least according to most recent leak rumors - been dropped.

Feorax

Pretty sure PS4 will be $399. That's the sweet spot where they started to claw last generation back, and they'll want to start on as strong a foot as possible.

MS will depend on what it thinks it's competing with, Sony or Apple...

glim36

Neo Member
I wonder who will blink first between Sony and Microsoft and will actually release the price point. My guess is that they have to make it cheaper than an iPad, so maybe $400-$450.

Exactly. It might be a "good" move for consumers to go with the subsidized plan as well, since it's pretty much clear a gold account will be required to even play single player games. Otherwise the install and activation of games plus the required connection every 24 hours makes no sense.

Much like with a cellphone you might save some money by buying the subsidized console. Still a mandatory contract for my console is pretty much the last thing I want.

Top Bottom