• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best fights in Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm watching some episodes from the Garlic Jr. Saga and they're just not hitting that spot of epic and just crazy shit happening. I'm in a mood* for some earth destruction or just holy shit moments.

My next fight to watch is going to be Trunks/King Cold/Frieza, but now I'm wondering if anyone has any other favorites? Either because they're entirely worth the watch or have a few cool moments to see.

tumblr_mmnqulQUbO1speuroo1_400.gif

tumblr_mmlz5xHWUj1speuroo1_400.gif

tumblr_mnbu2zdifO1s56vouo1_400.gif

tumblr_mjt7ri5QJO1s56vouo1_500.gif

tumblr_m3zmkwqyKt1qj9kn4o1_500.gif

Throw em at me!

weed

Vice

Piccolo vs Frieza
Goku vs Piccolo at the world tournament
Jackie Chun vs Goku
Gohan vs Cell
Gohan vs Super Buu
Goku vs The Ginyu Force

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I'm trying to remember any fight that wasn't drawn out to at least 5 episodes.

How about the last fight in GT? It was pretty cool when they finally fused to form SS4 Gogeta.
Gogeta_Super_Saiyan_4_Laughing.jpg

MikeMyers

Z Fighters vs Saiyans

Just brutal, shit went back and forth, and was intense the whole way.

Then you realize Krillin was last man standing in that entire fight and it becomes even better.

MikeMyers

By the way, since you are in the "mood" I suggest either Super Saiyan 1 Gotenks vs Super Buu or Vegito vs Super Buu. Both are gag matches with some insane stuff.

mvgta_zps5abb5e5a.gif

Pretty much any fight involving Majin Vegeta.

Mystic Gohan vs Buu is another favorite.

Honestly? The list is too long....but I wanted to post that gif.

Majin Vegeta vs Buu- One of my favorite fights ever, Final Atonement might be my favorite episode of anime all time.

Trunks vs. Perfect Cell- amazingly underrated fight

Vegeta vs Imperfect Cell- Utter domination by Vegeta. Could have saved the world if it wasn't for his pride

MikeMyers

It's funny how weak Frieza actually was compared to everyone after the Namek saga.

That was pretty much every side character, they'd be hyped to no end in their debut saga but the next saga would be viewed as irrelevant strength wise. The only ones who seem to keep up with Goku were Piccolo and Vegeta, but even they were eventually rendered absolute (post-Android arc in Piccolo's case, post-Babidi arc in Vegeta's case).

pel1300

the show would have been much more interesting if piccolo was able to keep up with the saiyins and they did away with the fusion crap.

jaxword

That was pretty much every side character, they'd be hyped to no end in their debut saga but the next saga would be viewed as irrelevant strength wise. The only ones who seem to keep up with Goku were Piccolo and Vegeta, but even they were eventually rendered absolute (post-Android arc in Piccolo's case, post-Babidi arc in Vegeta's case).

That's pretty much how all "fighting" manga have always gone. Dragonball's just the most popular here in the US.

Also the best fight is:

xgHVxT9.jpg

The best fights in DBZ, with few exceptions, are the ones where it's NOT a complete curb-stomp for one side.

See:

Piccolo vs 17
Piccolo vs Freeza
Goku vs Cell
Goku vs Vegeta

Goku vs Kid Buu was definitely one of the fights that always sticked out to me.

I guess it was just one of the fights that just flowed very well or something haha.

Kokonoe

Banned
mvgta_zps5abb5e5a.gif

Pretty much any fight involving Majin Vegeta.

Mystic Gohan vs Buu is another favorite.

Honestly? The list is too long....but I wanted to post that gif.

I don't know, dood, that was like a few punches and then the next episode Buu was straight up beating the mess out of Mystic Gohan with him not making a single offensive strike back.

jaxword

The Majin Vegeta fight sucked.

Not because of the actual fight, but because the aftermath COMPLETELY negated the whole battle. Not only does it not really end, Goku could've ended it way earlier.

What a waste of the Goku/Vegeta buildup.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Piccolo vs 17 gets my vote. That is THE DBZ fight. So even, so well animated, so intense. Nothing wrong with it!

Jokab

Always been partial to evil young Piccolo vs Goku and Jackie Chun vs Goku. Both great fights, and coincidentally both from Dragonball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom