• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics S - First Trailer

octagon69

Banned
As a huge FFT fan... that video.

Hurts my heart.

I'm done with you SE. After playing the Last bithday, this is it.

Pissing on a beloved series like this... with this crappy cell phone game.

Shamdeo

If you've played Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade or Guardian Cross for mobile phones, you should generally expect a Tactics Advance flavor of that.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I bought Chaos Rings HD for my Nexus 7, to show some support.

I now want this, gimme.

So it takes place in Ivalice?

Noi

That's a Mobage title alright. Worldmap looks a lot like Airborne Brigade too.

I guess the battle presentation is better than AB? If enemies actually strike back instead of being passive nonsense like in AB, I imagine health regen will be the "wait x time or pay to fully recover" hook to it.

Negator

o4giTO1.jpg

WHY

RM8

Well. There's no more FFT to be had from Square Enix, time to move on. They're hardly the only good source of awesome SRPGs.

Mik2121

Browser crap like always, goddamn it Mobage. Seriously, at least make it a goddamn app by itself, don't have me launch the browser...

Edit: So I just tried it.. all the battles are automatic, you just touch the screen to advance and skip battles. That's it.

The whole game is a horrible mess and because of all the images loading and all that, the whole screen keeps shuttering and skipping around. I just deleted this crap.

Espada

I.... I don't know why I still held out hope for this game or Final Fantasy Tactics at all. Profound sadness is what I feel right now.

Screw you Square-Enix.

Browser crap like always, goddamn it Mobage. Seriously, at least make it a goddamn app by itself, don't have me launch the browser...

Edit: So I just tried it.. all the battles are automatic, you just touch the screen to advance and skip battles. That's it.

The whole game is a horrible mess and because of all the images loading and all that, the whole screen keeps shuttering and skipping around. I just deleted this crap.

So better or worse than All The Bravest?

Noi

So what you're saying is, it's a mobage title.

I want to say that ATB still requires a bit of input, even if that input is "randomly trace the screen in any direction".

Aeana

The battles being automatic isn't necessarily a bad thing. From what I've seen, each unit has an attack range and various other properties, and that's kind of reminiscent of Ogre Battle and Venus & Braves. Those games accomplish what they set out to do pretty well with automatic battling. I just think that the way this game is set up isn't particularly interesting.

Hahaha, to quote myself from Twitter:

All right. First boss battle… still not actually doing anything. A special kind of tactic?! #FinalFantasyTacticsS pic.twitter.com/BZZTjhYofU
Ok, I guess it’s time to go make a clan since I’m too weak. Then maybe I can do things??? #FinalFantasyTacticsS pic.twitter.com/V2TWPFncXo
I pressed a button and made a clan! Look! Artwork! This almost feels like a thing! #FinalFantasyTacticsS pic.twitter.com/3wbOrPfkjN
Ok. There does appear to be some thought put into how units can attack. That’s… uh… something, right? #FFTS pic.twitter.com/lt59df1Nbl

In conclusion:
And with this battle, so ends my hands-on with Final Fantasy Tactics S. It’sfuckingnothing.gif #FFTS #whydoyouexist pic.twitter.com/8orJQqaWpt

Honestly, this wouldn't be so terrible if the UI, production values, delivery system, and basic gameplay weren't so awful. The lack of music and sound effects also hurts a lot. These GREE/Mobage browser games really fail in that regard. At least a social card game like Guilty Dragon or even the new The World Ends With You social game have their own tailor made apps with sound, music, actually polished visuals.

At the end of the day, it's just another card battle game that tries to hide that fact via the battle sequences, and calling your party units instead of cards. Hell, you combine units to level up in the same way that all the card games do.

Mik2121

In some ways worse, in some ways better.

It seems like you get to collect a lot of stuff, so if you are into that, then it might be nice. Except you actually don't get to really fight, you just collect cards and put them in your deck, then go into automatic battles with that and hope for the best.

It's a piece of shit that you have to play on a browser, so every time you do something, you have to wait for the browser to load it.

Basically like most other mobage "games".
So what you're saying is, it's a mobage title.
Yep... for some reason I was hoping this would be better. I know mobage has released a few games as apps, I was expecting this to be like that too, but an actual browser game... ugh..

Hahaha, to quote myself from Twitter:
In conclusion:
You stopped playing at the same place as me. We both spent 5 minutes on this and we can't even get that time back...

Those Matsuno tweets just added insult to the injury that is FFT S. Unbelievable the amount of garbage that SE has been churning out.

Thread still needs PLEASE BE EXCITED.

The music and art had me smiling, I poured my soul and many hours into FFTA. That very soul seemed to shrink as the video went on..

Top Bottom