• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter: PS4 and Xbox One to sell out at launch; PS4 @ $349/ X1 @ $399

The site did an interview with him:

In an interview with Pachter, which will be published later this week, Pachter estimates that consumers can expect to pay around $399 for the Xbox One and about $349 for the PS4. "The boxes will both sell out at the above prices," he said, when asked which he believes will have the more successful launch. And given the pre-order records being set by the Xbox One, I tend to believe him.

When asked who will come out on top once E3 is gone and passed, Pachter responded: "I think both Sony and Microsoft will perform really well, and think that gamers come out on top, because they will have more choices than ever before." So with the first round of next-gen console reveals already in the bag, all eyes are now on the E3 press conferences. GameZone's interview with Michael Pachter will be published in full later this week.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/05/29/pachter-both-the-ps4-and-xbox-one-will-sell-out-at-launch

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hope he's right about prices. That'd be awesome for this gen.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That PS4 price is something I've heard from 1 person only. The other thought 399 so that one guessing thread we have going will have a lot of people off since I seen a ton of 449/499 guesses.

ronito

The prediction on the prices I hope is sound. He'd know way better than me.

But selling out? I think there's a chance. But I don't think it's a given especially in this economy.

If they launch at those prices I will be able to get both at launch. So please <3 E3 will be exciting, imagine the prices will be announced then? Does sound awfully unrealistic though.

untitled-1u7up0.gif

So is he thinking that each company won't release two SKUs at launch? A baseline and premium model? I mean, I'm down for a $349 PS4, but I would absolutely shell out an additional $100 for a premium model.

Dali

If they were released at that price those would be the final nails in wii us coffin. Of course that would be about price drop time for the the console so who knows.

grumble

That seems outrageously low. Considering Sony's push to keep the box from being a big loss leader for Sony, I'd be surprised to see it below 399. Xbox I figured would also be 399.

I will bust a nut if the PS4 is $349. I really, really hope he's right about that.

I've been thinking I'd build a PC and wait out the launch because I assumed $450 for the version of either console I'd actually want. If its $350 I might be back on board for a preorder.

I'm also wondering why PS4 would be priced lower than XBone. Does he suggest why? Is it because of Kinect?

If the PS4 is at $349 that's a pretty sweet price.

Why would they sell at that price when both know they will sell out at $100 more for the first 3 to 4 months?

Better question why do you want them to cost more?

You're a consumer, this benefits you.

It's also why they'll sell more, because the price isn't ridiculous.

kortez320

I'd be really psyched to see the PS4 at 349 but I have a hard time believing it. I was thinking 399 would be the absolute lowest we would see.

Top Bottom