• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter: PS4 and Xbox One to sell out at launch; PS4 @ $349/ X1 @ $399

Danielsan

$349 for the PS4 with Sony not selling it at a loss? I highly doubt it. It would be a pitch perfect price point though.

krae_man

Every new console sells out right away because scalpers have visions of making triple their money. Unfortunately for them, those days are probably gone.

andthebeatgoeson

Just another note. Too bad the notes are being written by those million monkeys in space with a type writer. Next up, Othello. Gonna be a while.

For the people saying the PS4 will cost more, wouldn't the xbox be a bit more expensive due to the bundled in kinect? Even if Sony does the same with the PS4 Eye the kinect is more involved tech. I paid something like 150 for the kinect at launch.

Gawge

XBOne has to be cheaper than PS4 to truly compete. XBOne does have a good amount of sales in the bag, but if the PS4 was cheaper and generally perceived as 'better', then it would lose a considerable portion of those 'nailed-on sales'.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds pretty optimistic for the prices. Hope he's right.

Gadirok

I don't believe it hitting for $349. Unrealistically low from the get go compared to this gen.

Heck, PS3 is still $279 after 6-7 years in the market. I know its a completely different situation but I'm suspecting $400 at the very least.

Anyways, as soon as PS4 hits $300 I'm in.

demolitio

That would be hysterical (and sad) if the PS4 cost less at launch. I expect around the same price or maybe $50 more for the PS4 if anything, but it would be nuts if it was the opposite and would back up a lot of people who complained about being forced to buy a Kinect. You kind of expect the more beefy console to cost more but nothing is certain, especially when one of the companies is coming off of a pricing disaster last-gen and are trying not to repeat it in any way while fixing a lot of the other problems people had with them.

I kind of expect multiple SKU's from $349.99 to $499.99 but that's the most I could possibly see. I think MS really needs to launch cheaper than Sony though.

Obviously, this is just Pachter speculating so nothing too serious at the moment, but I fear that would be a huge mistake on MS's part.

Top Bottom